new nutes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hero4u2b

Reaction score
Hi everyone.. I just started a new regime of nutes > fox farm big bloom and fox farm grow big. ( used together) They turned the water in the gallons of water a dirty color like dirt and also I noticed I didnt have to lower my PH> it was within range.. But I am wondering.. If I am going to have adverse effects or burn or W/E how long will it take before I know? I am thinking a day but just wondering. Thanks everyone.. Hero

You will know within a few days.Usually you can see signs of it the next day.If you do, I would flush the plant with water and add less nutes the next time.

You would see the signs of burn within 24 hours. Are you in veg or flower? Have you reviewed the FoxFarms feeding schedule?

I too use fox farms nutes, and i was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. After i ph and nute my water and let it sit for at least 24 hours, i have been noticing that it all gets caked on the bottom and it just looks like sludge almost. thx for any advice. :D

I am in my 7th week of veg and I thought we add nutes, wait a few ( hour or so) then adjust PH.. I always have had to lower it a tad but with these nutes it was between 6.3 6.5 so I left it as it was.. As far as the schedule I didn't start my plants with any FF nutes and also there is a part of it, a number I don't understand and then I called FF in cali and mentioned I was growing cannibis knowing theyre a MM state but the man couldnt talk to me after that. so I decided just to read the back of the bottles.. do what they reccomend. but not the heavy feeding instructions.. I just checked the plants.. they look fine.. I think theyre going to be ok.. Thanks everyone.. Hero

I let my nutes sit overnight before I pH them. If you let nutes sit overnight, you should have an airstone in there to keep everything mixed up.

Mixing nutrients is a 3 day process if you want no issues. Once you get your PPM dialed in for strains. Mix big batches. Use up, then mix stronger batch to have on the side or less strong and always have one with plain water. Depot 32gal cans are like $12. Get a few. Makes cultivation much less of a hassle.

Update.... I swear my plants turned a new color of green that I hadnt seen before... As well as when I walked into the closet where I keep them. the odor of marijuana is strong for the first time (and they are in veg stage.) I cannot beleive what these nutes did in 24 hours. lol Thanks everyone Hero

hero4u2b said:
Update.... I swear my plants turned a new color of green that I hadnt seen before... As well as when I walked into the closet where I keep them. the odor of marijuana is strong for the first time (and they are in veg stage.) I cannot beleive what these nutes did in 24 hours. lol Thanks everyone Hero

Turning too dark of a green is a sign of too much N.

Got any pics?

I dont want to pull them out right now.. They are in 7 gallon pots and heavy and bulky to manuver around.. Next watering thou.. They love these new nutes.. They were prolly starving for food.. lol Thanks everyone.. Hero

Here Growdude I tilted the lights a lil so you could see.. I dont know how to add pics without starting a new thread, I love showing off my plants. everything I owe to you ppl who have guided me thru this first indoor grow.. ( theres a 5 gallon bucket to give perspective) Thanks everyone. Hero

Monday 25 April 001.jpg

Monday 25 April 004.jpg

Latest posts

Back