new organic grow -going for Exotic colours/XL yields

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delta999

Reaction score
Time for a new grow journal.
My last two consecutive grows have taught me a great deal .
My main issues have been from pests and nutrient/ph problems. And obviously my yields have suffered. Also poor choice of container size let me down

That being said.. I have grown some very tasty smoke even though conditions weren’t always ideal

So basically this time around I have to be more disciplined .

I will be keeping to a regular feeding and debugging schedule .

I will be using the manifold technique to train and shape the plant

Im trialing a new organic soil mix 1:1:1 Compost, Shagnum and Peat Moss with ammendments.

Have just built a small seed/clone vegging cupboard and currently have sprouting Melon Gum, Landysh, Violetta, Blue Mystic, Purple Paralysis and Moxie Lucky No Slevin. View attachment IMAG2148.jpg Lots going on..

If all goes according to plan I hope to get some real blue, pink and purple colours from this line up !

I am constantly learning so i think you are ahead of the curve.. mojo for your grow. It is going to be awesome.

I am constantly learning so i think you are ahead of the curve.. mojo for your grow. It is going to be awesome.

Thanks Rose. This plant we all love is a consistently good teacher.
My frustration at low yields is a good motivator to do a little better each time.

I have the opportunity to provide a friends wife with some medicine for her chronic pain and that too feeds my PASSION to make the best medicine I am able to.

Much to aspire to with such quality gardening happening here on MP.

I hope to get some real blue, pink and purple colours from this..."

Don't we all? Colors are always a huge bonus 4 me. Keeping them under low temperatures have worked wonder for my colors. I had a granddaddy purple that was completely purple leaves stem n all but they were harvest last so the temp outside were getting colder. All the other GDP s were green. Temps made them all blackpurple lol. (Plus genetics of course) Green mojo

I hope to get some real blue, pink and purple colours from this..."

Don't we all? Colors are always a huge bonus 4 me. Keeping them under low temperatures have worked wonder for my colors. I had a granddaddy purple that was completely purple leaves stem n all but they were harvest last so the temp outside were getting colder. All the other GDP s were green. Temps made them all blackpurple lol. (Plus genetics of course) Green mojo

Ha yes indeed!
I've picked these strains particularly for their potential for colours especially (as you mentioned) when temps cool in flower. I've never tried a grandaddy purple- sounds devine! Can I ask what sort of temps were you averaging to get the purples? Amazing how the phenos can come out so different from each other .

We will be in the heart of winter here when these girls of mine go into flower so I hope the cooler temps will encourage those hues to come out

View attachment IMAG2190.jpg
Seedlings are a week old now. 18/6 under 130 watt CFL.
Repotted the jiffy's to 2.5L pots with organic seedling mix.
Mix is 1 part organic compost to 1 part sphagnum moss and pumice and top dressing of worm castings.

Mixed up a batch of my soil mix which I will transfer plants to before switch to flower.
recipe is :
30L organic compost
30L peat moss
30L sphagnum moss
ammendements :6 cups rock mineral
3 cups gypsum powder
6 cups organic sheep manure pellets
3 cups kelp meal

-wetted down with compost tea of wormcastings and blackstrap mollasses brewed for 48 hours

Three and a half weeks into veg. 18/6 under 600W lights now.
Began a bi weekly feeding schedule of kelp/neem foliar spray and an enzyme tea made of sprouted mung beans, molasses and fresh coconut water.
View attachment IMAG2205.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG2202.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 69

Latest posts

Back