New place time to pick my grow space

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baddestruffest

Reaction score
So as many of you may know I have just moved home and now I need to decide where i am to grow my greens.
I have 3 choices really, I have a closet space which measures 90x80x210 which is completely enclosed and the ceiling leads in to the loft space. Alternatively I could board out my loft and construct a room up there or lastly I could just chuck a tent in the loft.

Not quite sure so thought I'd let you guys help sway my choice.

On a scale of 1-10 about a 15, averaging about 2-2 1/2 lbs a month. Although a bit less lately with moving it's been ever so inconvenient.

My word--that is an ounce or more a day.

You are certainly going to need a far bigger space than a 90 x 80 space. And considering your consumption, I would have 2 rooms--a vegging space and a flowering space. How big is your loft?

an ounce a day... that's like a part time job (one I WOULD take) just to prep and smoke it all.

IDK if I've ever done > 1/4 oz (by myself) in a 24 hour.. hummm well, maybe but not even close to a 1/2.

:48:

Must be Hay your smoking Bro an OZ . I can smoke a quarter no problem if it's not great bud but Top shelf meds after a half quarter have fun keeping your eyes open I don't care who you are.

THG and I had this discussion a while back and yeah the bud around here isn't of the best quality and is the main reason I want to grow my own. I will be exploring the loft today with a tape measure. Post measurements when I have them.

Oh course, when you get growing your own and see how great it can be, your consumption may go way down. And I cannot tell you how cool it is to be able to pick out strains that have characteristics that appeal to YOU, not just have to settle for whatever you can find. That was actually one of the reasons I first started growing...couldn't find it sometimes, and when you did, sometimes it was just horrible.

What is your budget for this? Most growers have some constraints on how much they can spend to set up a grow and many have space constraints, too. Let us know what your loft setup is like as that may be the best option. I would definitely recommend 2 spaces and maybe some kind of perpetual harvest. Are you a handy type person with building skills and tools? That can save you a lot of money. Will check back after you have loft measurements...

Well from what I have been able to gather between all the dust and insulation there's not a lot of usable space. Too many beams and cross members I actually think some are unnecessary and have been added by amateur dryers. Will post as accurate measurements as I can of actual usable space later on.

So it seems amongst the beams I can salvage two 5x5x6ft spaces which could be boxed off. THG yeah I'm a pretty handy person so don't see the actual construction as a problem. The budget on the other hand is atm minimal due to my recent legal run in and the ensuing costs and the upfront costs of moving house have sapped most of the money I'd got set aside for this venture.
That said I'd look at doing it in stages to minimize initial cost. Looked at all aspects and ways of growing and still completely undecided which way to go soil/hydro is majorly hurting my brain lol

I love shopping on CL and going to places like Habitat for Humanity Restore for building supplies. You can make building something quite inexpensive. You can also build a veg space first and build the flowering space while the plants are vegging. Whether you go soil or hydro will not change the building of the space. Your vegging space can be smaller than your flowering space. A vegging space that is say 12-15 sq ft should provide a 25 sq ft flowering space, which is a nice sized space. Six foot ceilings may require some training of sat dominant strains, but that can be easily managed. And like I mentioned before, you might want to get into a perpetual harvest type grow where you have plants of different ages vegging and flowering. This way you can harvest a plant or 2 every couple of weeks or so.

Well i am in the UK so none of those places are accessible for me lol, the loft is in pretty bad shape and will require alot of work before I could even begin thinking of using it as a grow space. I figure start off small and increase as I am able is the way forward, starting with 2 plants in a small space would be better.for me I think

Latest posts

Back