New Plants, first time troubles.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

lalalalonely

As pathetic as this sounds I have five small plants less then a week old yet still a good three or four inches tall. I only have one FL bulb that is twenty watts and is for indoor plants, in aquariums the light cost me twenty and the fixture twenty eight. I know this is not enough for my plants so I need to know how I can get a HPS or HL without having to buy an expensive fixture or atleast be able to buy one that goes inside not some weird porch light. I have gone to lowes, and home depot but they do not know anything about lights. So if someone could tell me what kind of light they got and where, and how much. Please understand my lack of money and thanks for caring. Also I use miracle grow 35-15-19 is this too much for baby plants?

I am trying to get them to haverest as quick as possible.

Well, there is really no way around spending a little bit of money for an HPS unit, the best you can ask for is a used one, you can also find them refurbished. There's no way to operate an HPS bulb wthout the proper ballast. Do you only plan to do five at a time? If so a 600W would do you well, maybe even a 400W. Look around the internet, check ebay and such, if you have a small area to work in I would suggest getting a ventable hood for the light.
As far as miracle grow goes, I know it's not the most recommended thing out there but it will make it happen.

I went to a local menards got an FL 200 watts, that lets out 2600 lumens, I only plan on keeping a female or two and it will grown within a tight space so I plan on making them bushy yet I want to know how long it take before you really tell which sex it is, so basically how long will I have to wait?

Once you put them into flowering (12/12) you should start to see signs of sex within as little as a week. This varies depending on many things like strain, nutes, age, growing practices, etc.....

try insidesun.com they are veyr cheap and good. You could also just use the wally world set up posted somewhere else. It has worked for me before.

You need 6,000 lumens per sq/ft for optimum growth/bud production.

they may not last you that long using that strenth of miracle grow at that age unless your really diluting it .also if you went to lowes like you said they have smaller mh and hps like 150 watters for 79 dollars a piece so if you low on money buy them 1 at a time . i dont have a credit card myself to order off the internet . but walmart sells floresence and cf which are alot cheaper than what you talking about paying what you did for yours . i paid 7 dollars for a 150 watt cf putting out 2800 lumens . go back to lowes and look again it will be at bottom of the isle in lighting just beside the porch lights .

go on ebay and search for hps lights. i found my 400watt/53k lumen hps setup on ebay it totaled at 115$ including shipping and it's working great.

Latest posts

Back