New problem more of the same.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

widairyfarms

Reaction score
So I just went to see my babies and I'm getting even more brown spots on my leaves. The two things are that its now on one of my best plants and the other thing is that it is only on the early three leaf nodes. I now have good new five leaf growth but I'm getting nervous. Any help?

I would stop foliar feeding/watering if you are still doing them.

That is a big "if" THG.:)

All soils are not the same.

:yeahthat:

Bwanabud, he is growing organic, so the pH should not be an issue if He has a good microbial thing going on.

Thanks THG, I went ahead and reviewed his posts...few things going on in my opinion.

1)Stop the foliar feeding.
2)Stop adding nutes to soil.
3)Have your water tested, just because it's well water doesn't mean it's "good". Find out whats really in your water.
4)Keep it simple, don't over-think it with small plants....good water, good soil, good temps.
5)Your compost soil may be too "hot" for small plants.

Thanks THG, I went ahead and reviewed his posts...few things going on in my opinion.

1)Stop the foliar feeding.
2)Stop adding nutes to soil.
3)Have your water tested, just because it's well water doesn't mean it's "good". Find out whats really in your water.
4)Keep it simple, don't over-think it with small plants....good water, good soil, good temps.
5)Your compost soil may be too "hot" for small plants.

Good post, bwanabud.

Thanks guys. What your saying is all leaves no mater which leaves early or not I should have no spots at all?

That is a big "if" THG.:)

All soils are not the same.

Hi pcduck!

Boy, you can say that again, in all caps and in a very large font. :holysheep:

One quick question to the OP. You did lime this organic soil, did you not?

Other than that, I would follow what bwanabud has to say. It sounds like you are very quickly *loving* your plants to death.

Wet

A picture would be helpful. Brown spots can be a sign of spider mites.

Chazmaine--he has posted pics in another thread. The spots are necrosis from foliar feeling the plants.

Yes, widairyfarmer, that is correct--Healthy plants have no spots on the leaves. As plants get to the end of flowering, the N gets depleted and it is normal for plants to develop yellowing leaves, but spots always denotes problems. Like chazmaine mentioned, it can be a sign of spider mites and other pests or disease or a nutrient problem.

Most well water is not "good". Most of it has a large amount of dissolved solids that can interact with your nutrients. While you do not have to worry about chlorine like public water systems, there can be a lot of other things in the water that are not good for plants. Too much of one nutrient can lock out another. Get your water tested to see what the ppms of dissolved solids are and exactly what those dissolved solids are.

Latest posts

Back