New Project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenDayGirl

"Ganja Chickie"
Reaction score
Ok, I'm starting to come out of the fog from last weekend's harvest. (damn trichomes, too strong! should of pulled sooner, can't function) so I 've had these little guys for a few weeks and thought I killed them but as of the 10th I've got roots coming out the bottoms everywhere on all 12 of them. Any suggestions on where I go from here? That 1st grow was a blast, I want these to live! :D

april 10.jpg

apr 10.jpg

After extensive investigation and feeding all pertinent raw data into my Commodore 2400, I've come to the conclusion that you should grow them. Grow them and smoke them.

Here they are as of yesterday...lots of roots at the bottom! :cool: PS: Hey Mutt maybe this belongs under "grow journals" since I'm starting over? Feel free to scoot me over there. :)

april14.jpg

c.jpg

apr 14.jpg

and just in case anyone's paying attention...not that it really matters :rolleyes: , here they are today...the first one is my "mutant baby"

16.jpg

april 16.jpg

mutant baby 16.jpg

Dang, ur plants are comeing along nicely, u should name the mutant wolverine like in X-Men, haaaa

How much longer under 24/24 should I let them go before I go 18/6 and transplant them into 5 gallon buckets? Anyone???

i am new to this site and have only grew 2 plants once. i had kept them under 24/0 light until they were ready to flower. if there is any advantages to slowly cuting down i just don't know. My bud was good to smoke and i enjoyed it very much.

GreenDayGirl said:
How much longer under 24/24 should I let them go before I go 18/6 and transplant them into 5 gallon buckets? Anyone???
Whats up GreenDayGirl. It seems like forever since i last talked with ya. Your babies look great. IMO you can transplant them anytime, but i would leave them under light 24/7 until your ready to flower. If you transplant them into 5 gallon buckets do you have enough room in your vegging area?

Hey TBG, I missed you too :D but no if I transplant them I have to go 16/8 cause I don't want it to glow outside after dark and I don't have enough room inside. I was hoping they could hang out outside until we move at the end of the month and can spread out more. (outside/grow room). I put them in clear plastic cups not thinking their roots might not like the light .:( Any thoughts?

Hey Greendaygirl, mind if I jump in? first yes, roots hate light. you can take Black electrical tape and wrap em. that'll do just fine. ;) or get creative with the craft stuff for the kids. come on your a mommy you got tons of stuff layin around to jazz up them cups. :)

Outside, you need to get them acclimated to the outside temps and stuff. you'll want to post a question like that over in the outdoor section. sometimes the change in light schedule will force flower them. but I think your past that danger with spring bein here. Hick and Ganja would tell you the best on how to get them climatized.

Outside, you need to get them acclimated to the outside temps and stuff. you'll want to post a question like that over in the outdoor section. sometimes the change in light schedule will force flower them. but I think your past that danger with spring bein here. Hick and Ganja would tell you the best on how to get them climatized.

GDG....they're quickly outgrowing those containers. "I" would up-pot a size or two, maybe to 1 gallon. Still easily portable, but large enuff for a couple weeks good growth before your move.
"Acclimating"....I start by setting them out in "mottled" sunlight/partial shade, for an hour or so. Watch for signs of sever shock and move them back in if it shows. Some shock is inevitable, just watch for severe symptoms. An hour or two the first day, then gradually increase the exposure time and direct sunlight/wind/temp/ect. untill full day length exposure isn't a problem.
I would get them back to an 18/6 oe 16/8 now. The closer to the 'natural' light schedule you can accustom them to now, the less likely confusion at outset.
One other thing to keep in mind, moving plants in and out, will expose your indoor environment to outdoor pests. An infestation indoors, allows for a near perfect conditions for many pests to proliferate with 0 predation and a perfect environment, you soon have a real problem.

Well they're not exactly "outside", the "tool shed" (grow room) is. I can maintain the temp out there, its all rigged up from when my last ones were in flower, but since they're gone now (RIP) I'd like to utilize the space since thats where my big lights are. Should i have them under MH or Hps, I've got both going right now. My clones look like they actually might take off, thought i'd killed them too! (hearty little weeds aren't they?) We are contemplating an outdoor grow up in the hills, theres a lot of those around here. Basically my question is...whats next? When I got my last ones they were already 2ft tall and ready to flower so I'v enever been through tis stage. Help!!! Nutes? temp? lights? I know I know ...read the grow guide! aagggh!:(

You might want to start them on a diluted veg fert, MH (again for veg), the lighting schedule is strictly a matter of self preferrence, "unless" you plan on putting them OD in a guerilla grow. Then they should definately be on 18/6 or 16/8.

Thanks guys..I put them all (almost all) in 5 gallon buckets today and watered them with diluted 15/30/15, is that the right amount of ??? What is the main nute to be after at this stage? They are on 16/8 until they're mature enough to flower. Do I need to worry about males after they're in flower?? Or sooner? I have clones in with them also. :confused:

you will see the male balls long before you have any worries of them busting open on your lovely clones :)

Ok I was going to make a crude joke about "balls bursting open" but with the new posting guidelines, I wouldn't want anyone to mistake it for a sexual inuendo. Boo! Hiss! :( Back on topic, everyone seems to be coming along swimmingly, too bad at this stage they're not doing backflips yet!

GDG saaaaaaaaaalute!

What's up? Z here.....

Sorry I have no really good soil advice. But best o' luck to ye! My only general advice is that most yellowing occurs from too much nuting, not some deficiency like mag.

I am toking a few soil varietals tonight and man, a good soil grower can grow some awfully aromatic weed-e-zil.

I am quackin' stoned! Wak wak.

PS: I am sorry this probably had nothing to do with your topic. haha......

Latest posts

Back