New Research -- Covid Supplemental Tincture with CBDa & CBGa, No THC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P'Sam

Reaction score

There's been a lot of buzz in the news lately about new research concerning Covid and cannabis, particularly two of the cannabinoids -CBDa and CBGa. These are the acid versions of CBD and CBG before loss of the carboxyl group (decarb). Those two cannabinoids and no others seem to affect the spikes on the virus, keeping them from attaching to our bodies and killing us, vaccine or no vaccine. Mind you, this research has only been done on mice, rat cells and other things but no human testing although I read that some of those are underway. There's no guarantee on this but I believe anyone who's a believer in cannabis is going to trust this as much as any other treatment. I think of it as the "just in case" option. No one knows a dosage yet although one of the source articles I read stated that it takes 300mg of CBD to affect another property of the virus so I expect that it will take a good sized dose of CBDa to do it's thing, too. I'll link some of those articles at the end.

Since this needs to be an inactive product, I figured an alcohol tincture would be the best way to do it. And to ensure that it stays inactive, I'd use no heat and make it a natural decarb that will also retain all the natural terpenes, flavonoids and such. If it turns out to need a bigger dose then it can also be made into a concentrate. I expect that will wind up being the case but for now I'm sticking to the tincture. I'm just putting this out there to get the conversation started and I'm sure it will evolve as more research is done. For the record, I've started using it even as it's slowly reducing over the last two mornings. Of course, I don't feel anything from it but, hey, just in case - right?
dragon.gif

Great Job , You look like you may be on to something
What can be said about CBN any new research?

There's been a lot of buzz in the news lately about new research concerning Covid and cannabis, particularly two of the cannabinoids -CBDa and CBGa. These are the acid versions of CBD and CBG before loss of the carboxyl group (decarb). Those two cannabinoids and no others seem to affect the spikes on the virus, keeping them from attaching to our bodies and killing us, vaccine or no vaccine. Mind you, this research has only been done on mice, rat cells and other things but no human testing although I read that some of those are underway. There's no guarantee on this but I believe anyone who's a believer in cannabis is going to trust this as much as any other treatment. I think of it as the "just in case" option. No one knows a dosage yet although one of the source articles I read stated that it takes 300mg of CBD to affect another property of the virus so I expect that it will take a good sized dose of CBDa to do it's thing, too. I'll link some of those articles at the end.

Since this needs to be an inactive product, I figured an alcohol tincture would be the best way to do it. And to ensure that it stays inactive, I'd use no heat and make it a natural decarb that will also retain all the natural terpenes, flavonoids and such. If it turns out to need a bigger dose then it can also be made into a concentrate. I expect that will wind up being the case but for now I'm sticking to the tincture. I'm just putting this out there to get the conversation started and I'm sure it will evolve as more research is done. For the record, I've started using it even as it's slowly reducing over the last two mornings. Of course, I don't feel anything from it but, hey, just in case - right? View attachment 287428

Outstanding !
Thank you...

Outstanding !
Thank you...
My friend Sam is the Tincture King
The cold method he teaches works great if you ever need his help just ask
He is always at the ready if his body is willing.

Great Job , You look like you may be on to something
What can be said about CBN any new research?

researchers at the University of Chicago tested cannabinoids on human lung cells grown in a petri dish. They tested CBD, THC, both separately and together, and found that only CBD in isolation was able to effectively stall the replication of SARS-CoV-2. By contrast, they found that THC may actually hinder some of CBD’s capabilities.

CBD appears to enter the viral cells and hijacking the mechanisms through which the virus makes copies of itself. CBD doesn’t work on the virus’ infamous outer spike protein, but rather, works inside the cell. Theoretically, this means it wouldn’t be affected by genetic mutations to the spike protein, which can happen as new variants arise.

A clinic in Austria is already giving high doses of CBD as a treatment to people with Covid-19. The organization made the leap after conducting their own study that found people who were treated with 300 mg of CBD every day for three weeks cleared the virus faster than people in a placebo group. The treatment is only given to people who’ve already contracted Covid-19, so it is impossible to know on the basis of this work if CBD could prevent an infection in the first place.
: Everything you need to know about Covid-19 and cannabis — so far. -- Everything you need to know about Covid-19 and cannabis — so far

Here's a little about CBD and Covid from one of those sources. It does a little but not the same as the CBDa....so far.

Man you never get a break
Sorry to hear , Hope they got all of it

They took off half my ear a month ago and a piece of my cheek a month before that. I now have a couple of months before they start looking for more. Seems to be a never ending battle thanks to the immunosuppressants I have to take.
confused_2.gif

20220204_141250.jpg

I get the distinct impression that the dosage from this tincture is just a drop in the bucket to what will be needed to disrupt Covid. I'm sensing from other research that a fairly concentrated dose is going to be needed as opposed to the small dosage available in this tincture. At the current 4oz level there is 8.75mg/ml of CBDa and 3.5mg of CBGa and I doubt if that is going to do jack squat against something a virulent as this. In most research I've found about CBD and heavy pain and other heavy stuff, there's usually a fairly high dosage involved to attain relief, hundreds of milligrams, so I have my doubts that 8 or even 16mg is going to be more like putting a bandaid on a gunshot.

However, this is just a start. This tincture can be made into something that can do the trick. If I reduce it to 2oz then I'll have 17.5mg/ml but if I reduce it by half again to one fluid ounce then I'll have 35mg/ml which might be in range. It may take 3 or 4 ml for a covid dose so that would give about 10 doses. Since this is for Covid, I don't think a preventative regimen is in order. Instead, I think it would be best to use it to knock out the virus once infected. Like an antibiotic, you would use a 10 day regimen or something like that to knock it down.

You can make it even more concentrated just by letting all the alcohol evaporate, leaving you with some CBGa/CBDa inactive "rso" then you can dose accordingly as needed. This small batch isn't going to make much of the concentrate and I would prefer to get the tincture to the right strength instead. For that, one would need at least an ounce or two of the flower concentrated to an ounce of tincture.

I'm going to continue this one until it reaches 2 oz then I intend to send one of those to a good friend so that they can at least have something on hand just in case. If I had a pound of this material to work with, I would make enough to hand out to all my friends and others.

fouhelico.gif

I'm using the lab results from the company to calculate the potency. Total available cannabinoid (CBDa/CBGa) minus 25% for loss divided by the volume. Right now I have it at 60ml and that will put it in the 16mg/ml range. That would make a good tincture for other benefits but maybe not enough for Covid.

It would take a larger quantity of hemp to get your potency much higher and for me that's expensive. High CBD or CBG hemp is as expensive as high potency cannabis. I can't afford that so I've been looking around for something more economical but that would still be capable of providing the strength needed. I've been sitting here thinking about it and have hit on the solution that will provide even better results.

That solution is CBDa & CBGa isolate. I wasn't sure if it was a thing but I did a search and it appears that there are several hemp companies that offer it but unfortunately, most of those will only sell in bulk and don't offer pricing on the website. One of those even has CBGa and water soluble CBDa and CBGa. However, I found a company that offers 10g of CBDa isolate for $45, https://www.gvbbiopharma.com/product/cbda-isolate/

This is a much better option for this since we need higher doses than simple flower extractions can deliver. Another advantage is that you don't have to use alcohol. You can make an oil with mct or any other that most people might find more palatable than that alcohol burn. I have ordered 10g and will start playing with that as soon as it comes. I'll document everything here.

I believe bringing this out like this and providing sources can lead to a better understanding than just reading an article or two on some website. I'll list some other links below.
:)
Just_Cuz_06.gif

CBDa Isolate 99%+
Crystalline CBGA Isolate This one has CBGa isolate in 10g lots for $60. I'll have to see if I have enough money left for that. Social Security will only go so far.
https://blacktiecbd.net/products/cbda-isolate-pure-cannabidiolic-acid-isolate-9

Latest posts

Back