New Room

BigJer

BigJer
Reaction score
So after 12 days I am still waiting on my Trolmaster stuff. I used to love eBay but ***? It's been 12 days and some of the stuff has not been shipped yet. This Covid shipping excuse ** is getting old quick. On a second note however, Walmart has wall mount 16" fans for $21 with remote and pulse option for varying fan speeds to be more like the wind. Throwing that out there.
I also have to change the direction of the lights because of cool spots in the coverage. The room itself during CO2 dosing gets up to 86 degrees and 70% humidity. As the summer progresses I will come up with a simple cooler/chiller to keep it temp ideal as it gets warmer.

BigJer

BigJer
Reaction score
So I hate all forms of package delivery methods!! 3 FN weeks for the monitor system and still not here. Had to turn my lights 90 degrees to get better coverage. 23 of 28 have flowered now. I can't believe the amount of growth I am getting. I know it's the room, it has made it sooooo much easier.

Attachments

BigJer

BigJer
Reaction score
Well 12 male plants:confused: Anyway I received, FINALLY, the Trolmaster Hydro X system. I also got the CO2, temp, High water, Humidity, Smoke Detectors and Light sensor along with 3 programable outlets. Set up was pretty easy. I tested the CO2 outside and it was just under 900 PPM in the outside air. I hope this extra 400 PPM pays off. Getting close to the end right now and will put up some final pics and thoughts up.

BigJer

BigJer
Reaction score
All done except the final sealing. So far I am impressed with the new system. Mounted the sensors at the exhaust end of the tent up high so to hopefully be more accurate. CO2 works like a champ. I set to 1300ppm and holds it around 1250. The weird thing about the set up is whether or not you use the light control option it still needs to be set up on Line 1 or you will get a flashing sun alarm just set it to your present light schedule and all is fine. I am/was a electronics tech, marine electrical systems, elec anyway I understand the lighting bolt in many forms. That being said I am a leeeetle anal about wiring and no pot doesn't help.

Attachments

BigJer

BigJer
Reaction score
Update: Ok the grow room has been running pretty much flawless. Stays about 82 during the day and 70 at night. Humidity has been lower than I want, 59 to 65%, but at this point I don't want a humidifier. I've been keeping the CO2 levels between 1250 and 1300 PPM. During the day if the temp gets above 85, I have a 6" fan that pulls the conditioned air from the garage that I keep at 69. The Trolmaster system has been pretty flawless as well so I ordered the Aqua system to handle the watering chores. Those wi-fi lights app needs some fixing but I am going to add lights. Measuring and math has become tough since the brain disease, but it's square! It's cool when I'm in the tent trimming, I can actually see the lights get brighter as the day gets longer and dim when it gets darker.

Now the new nursery. Way to small to veg in but perfect for seedlings. The plan for the future is to keep 100 in veg and 30 in flower then rotate them in and out as one matures to sweet perfection. I used one 300 watt LED light in the beginning but ended up putting a second one in. The first was not enough and 600 seems perfect, girls are growing FAST!!

Attachments

ROSTERMAN

I'm The Guy Your Mom Warned You about.
Reaction score
Looks Good Jer, are you doing hydro or setting up ebb n flow system?

pute

Staff member
Reaction score
Glad everything is working to your satisfaction. Question.....you stated your humidity is lower than you like at over 60%. Personally I start to worry about PM, mold and other issues associated with higher humidity over 60%. Where do you like it and why?.

BigJer

BigJer
Reaction score
Glad everything is working to your satisfaction. Question.....you stated your humidity is lower than you like at over 60%. Personally I start to worry about PM, mold and other issues associated with higher humidity over 60%. Where do you like it and why?.
It's the low humidity alarm that wakes me at three in the morning. I can get the humidity below 60% very easily with the temp at 85 during the day.

Last edited:

BigJer

BigJer
Reaction score
Looks Good Jer, are you doing hydro or setting up ebb n flow system?
I'm using soil, running water over the top but what I did was drill a 1/4" hole in the table so the pots sit in the water for about 30 minutes before all the water drains out. I water at lights on and lights off 25 gallons at a time for 18 plants and I get about 13 gallons of run off. I mixed Fox Farm potting soil and their coco-peri lite and mix them 50/50. Expensive but it has worked perfectly. Light, airy and drains perfectly. My first batch I used their pre-mix soil also but it would not drain and I was getting root rot. Once I get the system for auto watering in, The moisture probe will tell me more accurately

ROSTERMAN

I'm The Guy Your Mom Warned You about.
Reaction score
Watering 2xs a day , almost sounds like you have crossed the hydro threshold
Nice Man

BigJer

BigJer
Reaction score
Watering 2xs a day , almost sounds like you have crossed the hydro threshold
Nice Man
I want my roots in soil. I don't care for the Flora Flex system but before I replace it I'm going put a stronger pump on it to make sure that's not the issue.