New Room

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigJer

BigJer
Reaction score
After 2 years of bad weather around harvest time I moving indoors but staying with soil. I've cut my garage in half and I'm building a 10x20x10 grow room. I have eight Cirrus Titan 500 full spectrum LED Lights. It's tested output is 1750 watts and also wirelessly controlled through the Leaf APP. Gonna wire all those in 220VAC. Those will give me COMPLETE saturation and with the height of the room, plenty of height for lights and tall plants. I can control the power to be between 30 to70 watts per square foot. The Cirrus Factory is about 4 hours from my house and they shut down the grow light business and sold their inventory cheap and was lucky enough to see it and cash in. Those lights retailed for $2400 each and all I can say is WOW!! More on those later. Those light track moving systems, after personal research, is spend the money on more lights for better saturation. Except for raising the lights up and down or back and forth, that's a of of money no offense. I'm going to use a old 4 wheeler winch, that has a wireless controller, to raise and lower. I have Home air exchanger system for both the room and the the room it's in. and a lot of duct work to do. Pics to come.

I'm not going to let my latest hiccup slow down my plans. Holding Fast

After 2 years of bad weather around harvest time I moving indoors but staying with soil. I've cut my garage in half and I'm building a 10x20x10 grow room. I have eight Cirrus Titan 500 full spectrum LED Lights. It's tested output is 1750 watts and also wirelessly controlled through the Leaf APP. Gonna wire all those in 220VAC. Those will give me COMPLETE saturation and with the height of the room, plenty of height for lights and tall plants. I can control the power to be between 30 to70 watts per square foot. The Cirrus Factory is about 4 hours from my house and they shut down the grow light business and sold their inventory cheap and was lucky enough to see it and cash in. Those lights retailed for $2400 each and all I can say is WOW!! More on those later. Those light track moving systems, after personal research, is spend the money on more lights for better saturation. Except for raising the lights up and down or back and forth, that's a of of money no offense. I'm going to use a old 4 wheeler winch, that has a wireless controller, to raise and lower. I have Home air exchanger system for both the room and the the room it's in. and a lot of duct work to do. Pics to come.

I'm not going to let my latest hiccup slow down my plans. Holding Fast

I've been running a small indoor set up similar in size, actually a bit smaller, to yours for the past 7-8 yrs. I can flower around 20 plants max in the space but typically try to keep numbers below to avoid any crowding/shading. Not familiar with that particular light/LED, but with LEDs in general the issue, for me, was that LED's produce a solid shaft of light straight down with little reflectivity outward requiring more lights to cover a space for best yields. I don't keep up with equipment advances, etc., and maybe your lamps have some reflectors built in and are different, but that's basically the main reason I've never switched over myself. It would require 8 or 10 lights to cover the area I can now manage with 4. I like good quality equipment when I do buy and it would cost me a CHUNK to make the change. So I'll most likely stay with my current setup until it fails me and am forced to change it. Not big on hassle so hoping this doesn't happen anytime soon. LOL One more thing...timers. Timers of any real quality are hard to come by. I never found a single one out of the many I tried. Dependability is a must for an indoor grow. Hubs ended up buying a commercial timeclock and modifying it to function as a timer. Its run without issue for last 5-6 yrs so hoping that trend continues!! Best of luck to you!

Well Monday - Wednesday was a wash BUT Thursday, Thursday was a good day. Able to get a lot moved in the garage today and mounted the new air exchanger that shocked me!! Luckily I was, is, thinks an electronics and electrical tech. eBay purchase "unit tested works fine!! After it shocked me when I turned it on, I opened it up and the motor was loose and all the screws holding said mount for that motor not in the right hole and the Styrofoam lining inside busted apart to keep it from rattling. Luckily fuse protected and I'm Neanderthal protected, I put it all back together, covered the bare wires, new fuse and Houston we have lift off. Man this thing can move some air! The tests I've been doing with these lights I got are blowing me away!! Being able to control the spectrum? BRILLIANT!! The APP has some quirks but once used to them it's no big deal. Between a WI-FI camera and the APP I can see what's going on 24-7. Presently 120VAC but switching to 240VAC to save power. They came switchable. Anyway pics from today are the air mover, some sprout growth from last week to this week ok 8 days but what I'm used to HOLY F%^&! I've never had a plant react to the sun like this!! All planted within a couple days.

Attachments

• Fantech.jpg
    Fantech.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Girls 17F21.jpg
    Girls 17F21.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Girls 25F21.jpg
    Girls 25F21.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 19
After looking at the cost of wood (one 2x4x8: $8) today, going PVC fella's. Formufit to be exact with regular SCH-40 for straight length. US Plastics has the fittings for 2/3rds less than Big Box Boys! C'mon UPS!

Big Box Store perforated metal angel iron 8' $35 ***?? Call local lumber yard $15. Supporting the local guy so keep these guys in mind during these chaotic times! These lights are 56lb's a piece so I wanted something sturdy plus with my head issues something I can also raise/lower with old wheeler winch.

perf angle is better purchased through a hvac or metal supplier, just saying for future reference. i think pvc will bow after a while, i know my trellis did. we need build pics asap and good luck

Ok process has been slow but steady. A lot of behind the scenes stuff. Here is the frame. 1.25" PVC with furniture connectors. Ended up 10x16x8 and had the little ones watching me.

Attachments

• AnyConv.com__thumbnail.jpg
    AnyConv.com__thumbnail.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 56
OK got some shit down, I have a tolerant awesome wife, Most of the lights are up, and those Wi-Fi lights are , wait for it, AWESOME!! I have spent the last day and a half repotting. I know the leaves look droopy but they are firm, branches are firm. The leaves are huge so I did a little trim up to get light to the inside of the plants as well. More to come.........

Attachments

• thumbnail (1).jpeg
    thumbnail (1).jpeg
    96.5 KB · Views: 15
  • thumbnail (6).jpeg
    thumbnail (6).jpeg
    54.2 KB · Views: 14
  • thumbnail (3).jpeg
    thumbnail (3).jpeg
    71.4 KB · Views: 15
  • thumbnail (2).jpeg
    thumbnail (2).jpeg
    104.2 KB · Views: 15
OK got some shit down, I have a tolerant awesome wife, Most of the lights are up, and those Wi-Fi lights are , wait for it, AWESOME!! I have spent the last day and a half repotting. I know the leaves look droopy but they are firm, branches are firm. The leaves are huge so I did a little trim up to get light to the inside of the plants as well. More to come.........
Looking Good , What is a WiFi light?

Looking Good , What is a WiFi light?
It's a light you control via W-Fi. You can control the whole spectrum on these. In the app you can set one fixture as the master and the rest are slave units to follow it or as a stand alone. They also have pre-set settings as well and for now I am using the vegetation program, 18 hours a day from 8 am to 2 am. They were the best light of 2018 and the are able run on 120 or 240 VAC. The problem was the cost $2500 new for the 500w and $2100 for the 300w. I didn't pay that!! There is a lot of tech in these.

It's a light you control via W-Fi. You can control the whole spectrum on these. In the app you can set one fixture as the master and the rest are slave units to follow it or as a stand alone. They also have pre-set settings as well and for now I am using the vegetation program, 18 hours a day from 8 am to 2 am. They were the best light of 2018 and the are able run on 120 or 240 VAC. The problem was the cost $2500 new for the 500w and $2100 for the 300w. I didn't pay that!! There is a lot of tech in these.
Cool Thks for info, Very nice set up so far

So finally some good progress!! Fresh Air Check, Enclosed check, Trays check any way. So next on the list is the CO2 system. After much deliberation over the info on the www, I have decided to use 2 fans to disburse it by tying a line behind each fan, to add CO2 as needed with a PPM monitor/controller, mount fans high to circulate the room and to keep circulating during light hours . CO2 is heavier than air JIC. The room shows 80 right now with the 8 x 500 watt LED lights. Exhaust/Recycle air fan comes on at 90 degrees when needed and then runs all night. I will eventually put a second in line fan to draw the cooler filtered A/C air from the garage if it gets to hot during CO2 dosing hours as a first choice for a quicker cool down. I keep it at 66 in the garage itself and everything is filtered as well. The CO2 controller I chose was the Trolmaster Hydro X HCS-1 with CO2 sensor (Not here yet) and plug plus additional timer/temp controls for extra options down the road plus it has an app to get instant environmental data including any alarms set. It's more expandable than any other systems for the price range. If I understand botany, 1300 PPM is about all your plants will use max. Anything above that is wasted gas and $$$. Tray stands, however a nice idea, I call ** on the 1500lb limit. A little supporting X-strapping {maybe plywood screwed to supports) and heavier wheels (the bearings squirted right out from the weight) it will be all be pretty set. I also think I will cut the legs in half so I have more room for my plants to grow up & out. Lastly the GE dehumidifier holding it all at 65%. The close up of the fans is to show how much I shortened them and added screws the hold it all together and fix set the angle.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpeg
    thumbnail.jpeg
    102.1 KB · Views: 20
  • thumbnail (9).jpeg
    thumbnail (9).jpeg
    101 KB · Views: 21
  • thumbnail (7).jpeg
    thumbnail (7).jpeg
    83.4 KB · Views: 19
  • thumbnail (8).jpeg
    thumbnail (8).jpeg
    37.7 KB · Views: 18
  • thumbnail (4).jpeg
    thumbnail (4).jpeg
    51.8 KB · Views: 19
  • thumbnail (5).jpeg
    thumbnail (5).jpeg
    60 KB · Views: 18
  • thumbnail (3).jpeg
    thumbnail (3).jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 23
  • thumbnail (1).jpeg
    thumbnail (1).jpeg
    109.2 KB · Views: 21
The sensors for the Trolmaster system I will mount on a pole hanging from the ceiling each at it's appropriate height. It will have a hinge to swing it up and out of the way when working in the room and down when I am not.

I will post my results later but, these lights have a 120 degree spread and the ones at the ends waste lighting to the walls. By lowering the one end down towards the plants, it raised the lumens on the edges.

So It's been running a week now and the temp is 82 with 65-70 humidity. That's good for me!!! CO2 system will be here soon I hope. Once that's in I just have the auto water & nutrient systems left to complete. One plant started flowering yesterday so I guess I will now go to a flower schedule.

I went with the FloraFlex system with ten inch plates. here is the manifold for the starboard side. I like how the tray puts the water over the soil sold me more. Just like bobby dazzlers on motorcycles $$$$ for plastic.

Attachments

• thumbnail (1).jpeg
    thumbnail (1).jpeg
    83 KB · Views: 20
  • thumbnail.jpeg
    thumbnail.jpeg
    71.9 KB · Views: 19

Latest posts

Back