New Room

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So after 12 days I am still waiting on my Trolmaster stuff. I used to love eBay but ***? It's been 12 days and some of the stuff has not been shipped yet. This Covid shipping excuse ** is getting old quick. On a second note however, Walmart has wall mount 16" fans for $21 with remote and pulse option for varying fan speeds to be more like the wind. Throwing that out there.
I also have to change the direction of the lights because of cool spots in the coverage. The room itself during CO2 dosing gets up to 86 degrees and 70% humidity. As the summer progresses I will come up with a simple cooler/chiller to keep it temp ideal as it gets warmer.

So I hate all forms of package delivery methods!! 3 FN weeks for the monitor system and still not here. Had to turn my lights 90 degrees to get better coverage. 23 of 28 have flowered now. I can't believe the amount of growth I am getting. I know it's the room, it has made it sooooo much easier.

Attachments

• thumbnail (4).jpeg
    thumbnail (4).jpeg
    75.5 KB · Views: 20
  • thumbnail (1).jpeg
    thumbnail (1).jpeg
    48.2 KB · Views: 19
Well 12 male plants:confused: Anyway I received, FINALLY, the Trolmaster Hydro X system. I also got the CO2, temp, High water, Humidity, Smoke Detectors and Light sensor along with 3 programable outlets. Set up was pretty easy. I tested the CO2 outside and it was just under 900 PPM in the outside air. I hope this extra 400 PPM pays off. Getting close to the end right now and will put up some final pics and thoughts up.

All done except the final sealing. So far I am impressed with the new system. Mounted the sensors at the exhaust end of the tent up high so to hopefully be more accurate. CO2 works like a champ. I set to 1300ppm and holds it around 1250. The weird thing about the set up is whether or not you use the light control option it still needs to be set up on Line 1 or you will get a flashing sun alarm just set it to your present light schedule and all is fine. I am/was a electronics tech, marine electrical systems, elec anyway I understand the lighting bolt in many forms. That being said I am a leeeetle anal about wiring and no pot doesn't help.

Attachments

• thumbnail (5).jpeg
    thumbnail (5).jpeg
    55.1 KB · Views: 14
  • thumbnail (6).jpeg
    thumbnail (6).jpeg
    29.7 KB · Views: 12
Update: Ok the grow room has been running pretty much flawless. Stays about 82 during the day and 70 at night. Humidity has been lower than I want, 59 to 65%, but at this point I don't want a humidifier. I've been keeping the CO2 levels between 1250 and 1300 PPM. During the day if the temp gets above 85, I have a 6" fan that pulls the conditioned air from the garage that I keep at 69. The Trolmaster system has been pretty flawless as well so I ordered the Aqua system to handle the watering chores. Those wi-fi lights app needs some fixing but I am going to add lights. Measuring and math has become tough since the brain disease, but it's square! It's cool when I'm in the tent trimming, I can actually see the lights get brighter as the day gets longer and dim when it gets darker.

Now the new nursery. Way to small to veg in but perfect for seedlings. The plan for the future is to keep 100 in veg and 30 in flower then rotate them in and out as one matures to sweet perfection. I used one 300 watt LED light in the beginning but ended up putting a second one in. The first was not enough and 600 seems perfect, girls are growing FAST!!

Attachments

• Water tank.jpg
    Water tank.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Water Tank 2.jpg
    Water Tank 2.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Veg Tent.jpg
    Veg Tent.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Water Tank 3.jpg
    Water Tank 3.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 14
Glad everything is working to your satisfaction. Question.....you stated your humidity is lower than you like at over 60%. Personally I start to worry about PM, mold and other issues associated with higher humidity over 60%. Where do you like it and why?.

I like my humidity at 40 - 50% during veg stage, a little lower for flowering. Has done me right for 8 or 9 years.

Glad everything is working to your satisfaction. Question.....you stated your humidity is lower than you like at over 60%. Personally I start to worry about PM, mold and other issues associated with higher humidity over 60%. Where do you like it and why?.
It's the low humidity alarm that wakes me at three in the morning. I can get the humidity below 60% very easily with the temp at 85 during the day.

Last edited:
Looks Good Jer, are you doing hydro or setting up ebb n flow system?
I'm using soil, running water over the top but what I did was drill a 1/4" hole in the table so the pots sit in the water for about 30 minutes before all the water drains out. I water at lights on and lights off 25 gallons at a time for 18 plants and I get about 13 gallons of run off. I mixed Fox Farm potting soil and their coco-peri lite and mix them 50/50. Expensive but it has worked perfectly. Light, airy and drains perfectly. My first batch I used their pre-mix soil also but it would not drain and I was getting root rot. Once I get the system for auto watering in, The moisture probe will tell me more accurately

Watering 2xs a day , almost sounds like you have crossed the hydro threshold
Nice Man

Watering 2xs a day , almost sounds like you have crossed the hydro threshold
Nice Man
I want my roots in soil. I don't care for the Flora Flex system but before I replace it I'm going put a stronger pump on it to make sure that's not the issue.

Well, some know what I'm dealing with and it's been a rough few weeks. but on a lighter note here are the THC results on the plants I have now with 2 weeks to go for most of them.

Attachments

• THC 7.1.21.jpg
    THC 7.1.21.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 7
OK fellas, sorry I have been so quiet, stoned off his ass from harvest more like, buckle in it's gonna be long but here's the results.

Started with 28 plants, most being regular seeds, 5 femanized and, 3 Autos'. That seed choice was a bit of a spectrum. Lesson there, no more auto flowers. 13 of the regulars were males and tossed immediately, now hastily it seems before making specific plants strain seeds from their like females:angiesfavorite: but hey I'm simple.

The First ten plants yielded 10.1lbs wet and 6.1lbs cured weight @ 3 weeks. The AF's hurt the total (.75 to 1lb each) but more on the weight per plant to come. The lowest THC tested was 17% and 25% the best based on 10 plants tested. Hold your praises, the strain that tested at 25% had other siblings from that strain order that were in the 18% range, so *** went wrong. Last 5 curing now.

The femanized plants on average between 1.25 to 2 pounds a plant. I was happy with that. I like that the veg to flower to harvest time was almost on point the whole process from seed to smoke. I got about a 5 day window between the 4 femanized strains. The regular ones on Jerry juice, well................................more on that to follow as well.

LESSONS LEARNED MOVING INDOORS:

Seeds never gave it a thought so, oh well my bad. Here's my perception however: Femanized is the best way to streamline my process.

The room footage you need will never be enough so design or find a system controller to keep a small footprint in your systems space. I ended up with Trolmaster's Aqua & Hydro X systems to now help with watering and PH control for now but completely and easily expandable and with the right equipment completely automatic depending on supply.

Don't trust ANY measuring devices out of the box, they FN lie! Any system with any kind of atmospheric measurement, you better get a certified tester for the said needed parameters. Calibration is completely adjustable in the menu's at that point however.
I had an over heat issue for a week 95+ temps that was not caught because of? A calibration issue on the thermostat sensor. 5 plants started sporting new pistols from being overheated. I believe they call it cat tailing, just a week or so before harvest. I now call it minus 5 more plants at that point. Maybe good for butter? Anyone? Further testing to come on said plants before a aromatic pit fire.

Keep your temperatures from day to night as close as possible. I now do 75 at night and 85 during the day. If you keep your dehumidifier set to 55% you will like your electricity bill better instead of as low as it can go.

I found most times I was overwatering with the new Aqua X systems moisture meter due to overwatering and poor drainage. I now will set all my bags on a drop ceiling light white plastic diffuser with tiny squares. $$$ at Home Depot. This is to aid in draining the pots and letting air get to the pots 5 sides keeping mold and root rot from excess water at a minimum. One 4x8 table can fit four snuggly with minor trimming but the plastic is brittle. Trim corners first for tightest fit. Updating the water system to incorporate the Aqua X water schedules still needs 24VAC solenoid valves to perfect it and completely automate the system less nutrient days. I still do that by hand and probably always will. I also use air pumps/stones for mixing and a Jeboa reef wave maker to mix the sediment on the bottom of the water barrel. Ended buying a new 55 gallon poly barrel cause the old one's wonky thickness would seep at the bulkhead fittings. New eBay barrel is perfectly formed and now looks like EVH built it or at least laid the "Pedal Board" out. Also your water pump should move at minimum 3GPM/12lpm for good water flow especially the smaller hoses used. Also using Bloom Brothers halo watering rings along with perforated plates to evenly dispense the water over the soil.

I was pissed when the cheap ass wheels that came with my tables collapsed from the weight of 14 plants in 7.5 gallon pots. Make lemonade, right? Advantech 3/4 wet subfloor plywood to hold the tray properly, new HD wheels, shorten legs 14" and BAM! Better watering and draining, better light distances, taller and bigger plants plus the tables move around like they are on butter. The busted wheels kept me from centering the tables to the lights in my case. I used grey molded wheels with 3/8" studs for mounting for the new wheels. I took a one inch piece of 3/8" clear tube and put it over the stud before tapping it into the original wheel holder that was removed from the cut off leg and installed into the new cut leg. It will hold the wheels snuggly and in place when setting table on its side or picking it up without falling out.

Co2 works amazing so do your research.

Lots of fans to strengthen stalks, A LOT!! Intensify the wind as they grow bigger to support your big fat buds!!

MOLD WARNING!! Although those Pine Ka-Bob sticks at Wal-Mart are perfect looking for plant supports and $$$ but they are not. They will mold with any moister and any humidity. Oh no you couldn't let me escape the mold this year too but thankfully only the buds they were touching directly.

I will post up-grades pics here soon. In the process of switching the next batch from veg to flower. Also if you go to a 10 x 16 foot size room for example and use a lot of lighting, 220V AC is the way to go and I need a air exchanger that can warm the incoming air to keep closer room temps closure at night due to the cooler Maine nights. I use a total of 6200 watts of lighting between seed tent, veg table and flower room @ a cost of $400 in power per month approx. just to grow.

Latest posts

Back