New Space Comparable results?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lemon Jack

Above the clouds
Reaction score
So as I mentioned a couple days ago, I am tearing my grow down and moving...

I plan to set back up at the new place but heres my question.. The only place I can really find to set it up good and hidden is a 3x3 area..

Now I run in a 4x4 so thats almost half the square footage that I have now, but I also thought with my 600 watt light that i would get about 10,000 lumens per sq ft. So what I am asking is will my results in the smaller space be able to compare to the bigger. I was averaging about 12 oz a harvest (I know not that great but I still dialin it in). I hit 14 once :D My goal is a pound.

LJ,

THG, among others, stresses very much to many new users that the result of the harvest is largely based off the amount of lumens your plants are receiving, than the number of plants that are flowering. In a 3x3, your plants will be getting more lumens per square foot than in a 4x4 area. A 600W HPS puts out approximately 92000 lumens, I believe. 5750 lumens is what this equates to per square foot in your 4x4 grow area. You are roughly doubling that number by going to a 3x3. Provided your temperatures remain in check, I don't see why you would suffer in yield by switching grow space sizes.

Thanks for the input nasty. My growing skill has greatly increased since I started. I started in a 2 x 4 area then moved up to the 4x4 and my yield went way up. But as afore mentioned I think that greatly contributes to the learning curve of this passion :)

hey lemmon..
you will find the 3x3 area to be nice.. if your not one of them growers that has to grow 100 strains at once..

i also started off in a 2x4 area.. started off with 8 plants.. my bad.. then went to 6.. still my bad lol. then i took er all the way down to 2 plants that finished 2.5'-3' and was yeilding 8-12oz's and that was with a 400w..

i am now in a 3x3 secret jardin and runing a 4 pail ebb n flow..
with a 600w.. have yet to finish a run..
but i will let you know how it goes..

i have found less plants and more veg/lst gives you a hella yeild..
LH

Yes and no on that. While lumens per sqft is critical to maximising the ability of the plant to produce quality bud, the space of the grow will make a difference to the quantity. If you have the 4x4 dialed in and are getting the max quantity for that space, then when you move to a smaller space that is nearly half the square footage you will lose quantity as you will not be able to get as big or as many plants as in the 4x4. I personally can't see you achieving a pound in a 3x3 space, but I could be wrong. If you are locked in with that space and it has enough vertical space you could look into dividing it in half and doing 2 scrogs, one over the other. I saw a guy do that on some shelving where he had 3 scrogs set one over the other. he had them divided into 3 3' levels and it looked like it was working quite well, but I don't know how well it yielded.

Latest posts

Back