new sprouts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laydee

Reaction score
Happy holidays all,

My question is after a seed strouts it's root tip and you transplant to rockwool should I put in drip system or just keep rockwool moist and warm until it sprouts first leaves?

according to some they say after the seed sprouts they should be put into rockwool that has been soaked in a very light ppm solution and ph'd water, then water with solution as needed, any one else have any offers on the right way...:rolleyes:

Either or... u can plant it in the rockwool at anytime.. rockwool is just a less dirty unnasty dirt =)

well I sure hope all goes well, we planted the little sprouts last night and I hope they grow, one time when we did the rockwool the seedlings curled up inside and just would not grow, this time I will give them a light feeding of peters 7-45-15 and 6-3 ph'd water, and keep my fingers crossed...they are under flo's to start with, thanks kade for your reply

jrobertson said:
I will give them a light feeding of peters 7-45-15...
No nutrients on a new seedling. It will kill it.

None at all. Plain water.

The new root has to be in contact with the rockwool. It won't grow unless it is. I use a chopstick to GENTLY push the rockwool or peat against the root surface. Then GENTLY cover it with the media. The seed head should only be JUST under the surface, not way down at the bottom of the cube.

Good luck man!

You need to use that Peters on some vegetables or house plants. It's not formulated for MJ. Pull that wallet out and order yourself some MJ nutrients.

General Hydroponics makes a great one called "Flora Series". Or, FoxFarms is also another that is formulated for MJ.

Thanks stoney for the info, I'll sure be glad when I get a few crops under the belt, I got scared and rinsed the seedlings in ph'd water 6-3, no nutrients and rinsed the cubes in plain ph'd water. I sure hope I didn't ruin the little gals, I'm thinking positive on the sex of the plants. BYE jr

Latest posts

Back