New Tent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hackerman

Reaction score
As part of my OCD I am constantly changing things around. This time, I decided I wanted to down size a little bit and consolidate my clone closet and my veg tent into a single space.

I had a 6 bulb and an 8 bulb T5 that I really like for everything from seed/clone on up until flowering. Don't care much for them as a flowering light.

Anyway, I measure the lights and if I put them side by side, they were 48"x48" so I bought a 4x4 tent. Mistake. Nominal sizing, pole clearance....... took it down and bought a 5x5 tent. I guess I wasn't really thinking when I went one size up just how much more 5x5 is than 4x4. This thing is a monster. I could live in this baby.

It fit perfectly in the end of my grow room and the 2 lights sit just right inside. I know I am loosing a little light but there's room to put stuff like fans and whatever. It's the first time I have not been squeezed for space.

I plan to grow the same number of plants as I always do. I am just glad to have a little more room to work with.

So, now I have a 14 bulb T5. LOL

The pics don't really show much but the new tent is replacing the closet and tent in the last pics.

Got some 3 week old seeds that will be transplanted tomorrow and we'll see how this new setup works.

View attachment newtent-1.jpg

View attachment newtent-2.jpg

View attachment newtent-3.jpg

View attachment newtent-4.jpg

Very nice, I just went from a 3.2x3.2 up to a 4x4 mid grow and thought the same thing you did when you stepped into your 5x5, "Man I could live in here". The extra room even if you don't use it for growing is so nice to have, just so you can move things about. Makes it look cleaner too.

I agree with the dog. Very nice set up. That is a big T5 LOL enjoy Hackerman.

Thanks. I transplanted today. They went from the solo cups to #1 nursery pots. Even in the bigger pots, the tent still seems huge. LOL

I think I might angle the lights inward a tiny bit to preclude loosing too much light around the edges.

Laying on the ground and looking up at the lights looks like Vegas. LOL Lot of T5 up there. LOL

LEDandT5.jpg
Well, I upgraded again. I ended up with the need for 2 flowering spaces so I added my Mars 1800 LED to the 14 T5 bulbs in my 5x5 tent and I have my temporary flowering tent.

I'm not real sure how this is going to compare to the 1000w HPS in the other room but, we'll find out in 2 months.

I hope the LED provides enough red since the T5 bulbs I'm using are veg bulbs.

I do have some flowering bulbs for the T5 but I don't have 14 of them. I wonder if it affects the ballast if you mix bulb temps on the T5.

Cool, thanks. I'll swap out whatever bulbs I have tomorrow.

I would buy more flowering T5's but I am eventually going LED so buying more T5's is not in that game plan.

Thanks again

with the replacement T5 led tubes, most fluorescent tubes are going the way of the Edsel any way

Latest posts

Back