New To Autos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redeyesuprise

Reaction score
Hey guys, i have a few questions about gear and nuets ect im looking to have a constant grow of 4/5 autos i aint sure on what size tent to use is a 80x80x160 okay or better off with 90x90x180? im gonna use 2gal pots, lighting i was thinking a 300w cfl blue spectrum and 300w red spectrum with a cfl reflecter?? nuets im gonna go with biobizz grow, bloom and rootsimulator, when do you start to feed root simulator to them?? i cant find anywhere that gives me a kinda straight forward awnser to these questions so any helpful advice would be much appriciated!! going to start with 3 bubblicious and 2 blue mystics if anyone has grown these let me know how it went :) Happy Smoking People

Peace.

only advice i can give you is your most likely going to need more light, i dont know what cfls your using or there lumen output for that size of room. just cause they are autos dont mean that they need less light, they need just as much as a photoperiod plant.

autos can grow pretty big, i havent grown the one you picked but expect most to grow as big as a plant with say about 4 weeks veg, around 2-3 ft tall.

as for you buckets they are decent size but with autos they shoot straight down to the bottom so the deeper the better, but on my last grow i learned that dont go to skinny also. i think youll be fine

imo your goign to want a 600 watt hps in that 3x3 to get the best results

as for root stimulators, imo all completly useless.

you could but even in my 2x4 i use for autos im unimpressed with the outcome the 400 watt produces, but i guess its fine. i spoiled myself with the 600 i guess ;)

also in the summer i have to use the 400 cause of heat issues, but most of the time i just dont use that tent during that season.

400w is plenty for a 3x3. My 400w puts out 55K Lumens and that space only needs 45k L.

Check my bubblelicious journal out. 2gal grow bags in a 4x3 with 400w hps.

cheers guys, awesome advice and loving ur grow diary what kind of dry yeild did you get off the bubbleicious? was it a hard plant to grow? think i will be going with the 400w hps! 2gal pots 90x90x180 tent and bio bizz light mix soil and nutes.

Easy easy easy. Depends.... I had 3 diff phenos.. One actual bubble gum flavor/taste. LST them and you will see 3Oz dry per plant easy.
They are supet sticky and stinky.. 24/0 til she throws pistils then 20/4 for 8wks
They love heavy feedings.

Cm or in? A 400w hps will cover '9-11sqft.

bubba902 said:
LST them and you will see 3Oz dry per plant easy.

:holysheep: Im gonna def disagree with the 3oz per plant easy statement...

Ive run many autos and have never come close to 3oz...

I think that 3-oz EASY is a bit of an overstatement. I have just managed 3-oz off my autos with a 600w in a 3x3 with lst.

The op states that they want to do 4-5 plants in that area, if you lst there will not be enough room in there. I manage 3 when lst and they get about 2-3ft tall and 2ft wide, if you cram 5 in there the light wont penetrate evenly. Plus a 400w does not have the penetrating power of a 600w.

Autos must hve come a long way if pulling 3 ounces off them is easy....:)
I think I got in the 2 ounce range with the average auto or a lil less with some of the runtier ones. jmo

I have only had one plant hit the 3oz mark and it was a monster, was over 3 ft tall and took up half my tent when lst. Thats 1 auto out over 15 from the same strain. rest of them hit 1.5- 2 oz.
I can assure you that hitting that 3oz mark was no easy challenge, Had her tied down spread over half the tent for best light penetration, constant care and arranging, light about 6-9 inches from bud.

bubba902 said:
400w is plenty for a 3x3. My 400w puts out 55K Lumens and that space only needs 45k L.

Check my bubblelicious journal out. 2gal grow bags in a 4x3 with 400w hps.

Actually 45k lumens is the minimum you want to go with in a 3 x 3 space. More light will be better.

Also, 3 ozs is not easily achieved even on photoperiod plants. I had a buddy that grew autos for a while and he never got over 2 oz.

My northern lights came down to 98.5gs Dry. My bubble wasnt to far behind.

Jericho said:
Suppose it depends on what your definition of dry is.
and how much actual stem and leaf is left on the bud. everyone trims differnt, some heavy some light.

can loose up to a oz sometimes if you chop down your colas and get them stems out.

Yeh very true. I like to manicure mine. No stems, no leafs and I also jar mine after and sometimes empty them back out if too much moisture has come out. Only then will i take a weight. Everything else goes in for hash so no waste of the trichs on leafs or stems.

yeah it was fan dried in a box hung with two 120mm fans and one 80mm out.. My deff of dry is where I can take my bud and put the whole thing in a bowl and burn to a white ash. Then its off to jars.

i would be happy with a 0z each plant anymore is a bonus i do know you can get alot less depending on strain ect.. any of you guys used biobizz products want to keep it organic :) if you have any recommendations on whats best to use let me know? im going to use there allmix soil! cheers guys!!

Latest posts

Back