New to growing: Need some advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About the clones; I would say that it is because she is still trying to do the veg/flower function. Make sure the cuttings are in low level of light. I keep mine under 1 T5 bulb in the bloom spectrum and I have it on a timer so that it cuts off for 30min every 3hrs. I also cut away most of the leaves except for the top 2-3 and if they are bigger than a quarter, I cut the tips off of the leaflets. The combination of these functions helps the cuttings to "pause" the grow function and switch back to rooting.

thanks for the input, hushpuppy.

I talked to my 'advisor' about it and he suggested using the AZOS (nitrogen fixing microbes) in a 1tsp/gal mixture in addition to all the other necessary nutrients. The yellow color is because they are extremely deprived of Nitrogen... when i introduced the 50/50 mix of AZOS, the nitrogen rich microbes stick to the stem to prompt root growth... what i didn't do is make a soaking mixture with AZOS in it so that they can have a constant supply of the nitrogen they need.

I'll give them another 36hrs (from right now) to see some improvement, but if they are all a total loss, looks like it's back to the drawing board with some new equipment and a different cloning chemical. :/

Here's my soak formula (in a 1gal jug)
7ml Calcium Magnesium (because R.O. water)
15ml Rhizotonic (because root growth booster)
7ml B-52 (because vitamins and root growth enhancer)
1tsp AZOS (because nitrogen rich)
5 drops SUPERthrive (because hormones)

"CANNA vs HEAVY 16"
I haven't posted an update in a while... i want to make it known that the specs i used with CANNA are waaaaaay off. Instead of using the chart on the website (which i was unaware of and was not informed by the retailer) i used the dosages on the back of the bottle.
The website makes custom dosages based on your medium type, PPM meter, heavy/medium/light application, and your reservoir size. These numbers reflected a much more budget-friendly use and directly outlined my lack of common sense (after seeing abnormal effects with my ladies).
Since then though, i've switch to California's HEAVY 16 line. Not only is it 1/4th the price of CANNA but it's a LOT more user friendly with huge yields. HEAVY 16 also has a custom nutrient chart on their website.

Good to hear that you are still in the grow :) I have heard some pretty mixxed reviews of the Canna line. I haven't used the Heavy 16 but hopefully it will work out well for you.

The problem with many of the nute brands is that they can't put specified nute regamins on the bottles so they just put a general schedule that supports you buying more of their product. Its much like the fish food industry for home aquariums. If you go by their instructions for feeding your fish, they will be dead in a week's time:rolleyes:

The good thing with MJ is that it is a very resilient and determined plant so you are better off to start out very low on the nutes and build up to where the plant is happy and healthy. Good luck with the new line, let us know how it goes for you. And we love pics :)

Latest posts

Back