New to growing, please help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see anything in those pics to guess either way.

Sometimes it can take up to 8 weeks to sex. That bugs me when it takes that long.

It looks like it may be starting to alternate the nodes so the sexing may be just a couple weeks out.

They are 10 weeks old now. Thought about starting the flowering stage tomorrow. Should I wait?

What do you want me to take a picture of? All the nodes look the same of the last pictures. I'll take as many pictures as you want.

well, your plants look nice, however i sure couldn't tell with your nice video. Do you have an eye loupe? That is what i use to sex them. YOu will need one later too. This is my favorite. I have three. just in case.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Microscope-Magnifier-Magnifying-Illumination-Detecting/dp/B00BB92IK4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1409273952&sr=8-3&keywords=eye+loupe+60x[/ame]

Also. I am using the led light that has a switch for growth and flowering. Should I keep them both on for the transition period or just the flowering? 12/12. I have it schedule to turn on at 7:00pm and off at 7:00am. That way during the day there's no heat.

No but I'll be getting one now! Did that one come from china? If so, how long did it take to ship?

I've gotten 3 from China.. took like 1-2 weeks, and they were all quite awesome

:aok:

Jeepguy, with that light you can use the veg only switch in veg period but when you switch to 12/12 you have to turn both veg and bloom switches on for your fans to run properly.

Can I just leave the flowering lights on? Or will it get too hot?

No you can not just leave the flowering lights on, i did it and was told i was lucky it didn't blow. No fan on with just flowering. USE BOTH.

How strange that they made the lights so that just the flowering lights will go on, but if you use that setting it will damage the unit? Who in the world thought THAT was a good idea?

You use both flowering and veging for the flowering period. The flowering lights alone are too dark and not happy, you add the veg and it looks a lot better and the fan works. Yes, THG, weird design.

Thank you for the heads up! Saved me!! They have been in the pre flowering stage I guess is the correct name since Friday. Still no signs of sex.

Some strains will take a long time to show their preflowers, which is how you would tell the sex. But once they begin alternating nodes, they are sexually mature enough to switch to flowering. Iff you do switch them, just keep a close eye on them and inspect them carefully ffor the male preflowers. But don't stress out over it as you will have time to spot the boys before they throw any pollen.

Latest posts

Back