New to growing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I only had one plant servive germination, it's about 5inchs so far. I water it every other day,the first set of leafs are grown, starting the second Noble and it's about 3/4 of inch from first set.f I took a picture of it but some reason the picture won't up load.

I'm trying to figure out why the first set of leaves ,are kinda pointing down wards,any suggestions, I would appreciate. I started my seed in seedling starter mix in a jiffy pot

Hi jay
Watch the moisture levels.
Watch your light intensity.
Sounds like you're getting a lot of stretch. Plant Trying to get more light.

I believe in KISS. Keep it simple stupid. Buy a bag of foxfarm soil. Get a solo cup. put a couple holes in the bottom plant your seed 1 inch deep and let nature take over. A lil water to keep it moist. 100% germination rate. DON'T TRY SO HARD. Its a weed..People try to hard...jeez... and truly best of luck to you whatever you choose.

That's actually the correct planting depth for acorns, canna lilies, or very large beans. Any more than about a quarter inch of loose soil on a 1/8" diameter cannabis seed will inhibit survival. Thus my skepticism.

I moved my light's to 18"and turned on the other one to give it more light

Well my plant didn't make it now thinking about changing set up before I get some clones from a friend I've been thinking about aeroponics or fogponics, or should I stay with soil planting until I get the hang of it better.

Personally I'd try to complete at least a couple harvests in soil to learn the ropes before you commit to the most difficult of the grow styles. If you want to go right to hydro with new clones, I would strongly recommend flood and drain in hydroton media and basic chemical ferts as the most forgiving. Any hydro/aero is a big initial investment in both the setup itself and the associated testing equipment, so you see why I suggest learning on a traditional method until you get to know the plant, and decide if indoor growing is for you. I learned on soil and what you learn is transferable skills. It was easy for me to add a hydro room later, when a bunch of cheap-as-free equipment landed in my lap!
My two cents. May be worth less depending on where you live and the exchange rate ; )

Ok thanks , I'll just buy those supplies why I grow a couple of harvest in soil, I'll put the clones in soil then

Flood and drain was a game changer for me. The only real moving part is a pond pump on a timer.

You can build a practice pod with a masons mix tray, a sturdy tote, a pond pump that allows backflow, an 1-1/4" hole saw, 2 through-fittings, a 6" piece of rigid pvc, and about 2 feet of vinyl tubing. It's up to you to figure out how to assemble, and what size tubing /pvc you need ;)

Ok started a new grow ph is a 7 moisture at 4,what would cause only one leaf to drop like that?
IMG_20200319_175034_1.jpg
IMG_20200319_175028_4.jpg

Latest posts

Back