New to growing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't posted in a while, here's an update. Im on day 19 of flowering and Gretchen is doing great. Have her under 400 watt HPS 12/12. I wasnt going to mess around too much with her since she was my first grow. I have 3 clones that I will experiment with.

Attachments

• 16013143600981349558492126668742.jpg
    16013143600981349558492126668742.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 7
Very nice! So you have other seeds you started already or after she's finished?

A very good way to learn is stick with a strain, dial it in before moving on. I have found I get strain tolerance quickly, so my cloning days are mostly behind me. I still have jars and jars of strains I've cloned. I monster cropped a trainwreck once that produced over a pound. Just finished that one.

I've since decided for myself that I'd rather have something new, not the same strain forever.

Last edited:
White widow

I have a buddy, a long time grower, he always has white widow in his garden.

I haven't even grown it yet. I had one seedling of WW a couple years back but my dog decided I shouldn't grow it and she pulled it right out and ate the entire thing! She's never done that before or since, lol.

A very good way to learn is stick with a strain, dial it in before moving on. I have found I get strain tolerance quickly, so my cloning days are mostly behind me. I still have jars and jars of strains I've cloned. I monster cropped a trainwreck once that produced over a pound. Just finished that one.

I've since decided for myself that I'd rather have something new, not the same strain forever.
That’s the truth. I prefer not to smoke the same strain two days in a row. My days of single strain grows are over. Amazing how fast you develop tolerance. I need 5-6 to rotate through. I still have a little from the previous 2 years crops so I have over a dozen to choose from now.
Joseph nice job. What size container are you using?

I need 5-6 to rotate through. I still have a little from the previous 2 years crops so I have over a dozen to choose from now.

At one point I had more strains at 23 than any of the dispensaries around, lol

We smoke a lot of cocktails, constantly changing things up.

That’s the truth. I prefer not to smoke the same strain two days in a row. My days of single strain grows are over. Amazing how fast you develop tolerance. I need 5-6 to rotate through. I still have a little from the previous 2 years crops so I have over a dozen to choose from now.
Joseph nice job. What size container are you using?
1 gallon pot

I only have room for around 8 strains at a time. Keeping 8 means moms, starts and plants getting ready to flip into flower takes all my room. My veg tent is always full and busy. Plus if I try and push it I have a tendency to make mistakes. I will miss label or something else stupid that always comes back to bite me if I get carried away on different strains.

My bigger plants are in 5 gal pots. They would suck a 1 gal dry in a day.

Last edited:
Alright guys quick question. I'm on my 21st day of flowering and my fan leaves are starting to lighten up and some are turning yellowish. Is this normal?

Latest posts

Back