New to Indoor Growing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coscausae

Reaction score
I have just recently started growing indoors, but I have a load of questions
and was wondering if you could maybe answer any of them.

First of all, my grow space is HIGHLY limited, in that my space is
approximately 4'x3'x3'. I am growing a clone I bought from a local club
supposedly of Purple Erkle (the clone trays were pretty fucked up by the
time of day I got there) and was wondering if you know anyone that has
managed to successfully pruned this strain to keep it that short. Also, what
kind of smell does it emit?

I was also wondering what type of fertilizer you recommend. I know that
nitrogen induces vegetative growth, while both potassium and phosphorous are important for budding and sustained life. Are there two particular types
that would (1) grow the plant up fast and (2) promote nice buds? Or am I
better off growing slow and concentrating on pruning in order to keep the
plant contained in my small space?

My last question is whether or not you think a small CO2 tank would be a
worthwhile investment, given that I am low on cash :(. It could be easily
installed into my grow space, but is it worth it?

Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.

Coscausae said:
I have just recently started growing indoors, but I have a load of questions
and was wondering if you could maybe answer any of them.

approximately 4'x3'x3'. I am growing a clone I bought from a local club
supposedly of Purple Erkle (the clone trays were pretty fucked up by the
time of day I got there) and was wondering if you know anyone that has
managed to successfully pruned this strain to keep it that short. Also, what
kind of smell does it emit?

I was also wondering what type of fertilizer you recommend. I know that
nitrogen induces vegetative growth, while both potassium and phosphorous are important for budding and sustained life. Are there two particular types
that would (1) grow the plant up fast and (2) promote nice buds? Or am I
better off growing slow and concentrating on pruning in order to keep the
plant contained in my small space?

My last question is whether or not you think a small CO2 tank would be a
worthwhile investment, given that I am low on cash :(. It could be easily
installed into my grow space, but is it worth it?

Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.

1) What type/wattage light source.
2) With adding a light into the room you will have even less space then that, you better be a pro at LST.
3) Have no experience with the strain you are refering to.
4) Fox Farm soil and nutes is what I use.
5) You are going to need to use LST and or pruning possibly, if you dont have budsites you will get no bud.
6) No need for CO2, your plant would explode out of your grow box.
7) Does this make any sence?

Thank you thank you.

Fox Farm- good to know. I'll go get some this weekend.

I have two flo lights, dont know the voltage (they came with my dorm room, and I suppose that gives you a better idea of the contrictions I am working with) but I am working on getting a third. THey seem to be doing the trick thus far.

It all makes sense, the plant is doing extremely well (put on two decent-sized leaves last night) but I have one question: what do you mean by LST? Where can I find a good guide on LST, whatever it may be?

Once things get crackin' I'll throw some pics up. Thanks for the help!

approximately 4'x3'x3

which of those measurements is your height? either way, sounds like plenty of height and space for a flourescent grow. I've grown under a 250hps in less then 30" of vertical height and could produce an oz per plant on occassion with the average being around .75 oz per.

LST = Low Stress Training.

Low stress training is the art of tricking the plant into thinking it has lost its apical meristem (the tip of the plant). When you tie the tip of the plant down, below the other secondary growth, it causes a shift in auxins (that typically drive the apic up) to the secondary growth, so that they try to take over as the dominant tip. Im not talking about bending your plant into an upside down U shape, more like an upside down L shape. You want the apic to be at a 90degree angle to the stem so that it encourages as much secondary growth as possible.
After a few days using LST it may be necessary to retie the tip down as it tries to regain dominance. After 7-10 days, begin tying secondaries down. I use trash bag tie wires shaped in a hook to hold the plant, if you use some thing that holds the stem to tight it will create a sore and a weak spot on the stem that may get infected or break when moving your ties. Check your tie locations daily and move them if the stem is looking bruised at that spot.
Once in flower, tie through the first half of the stretch, then allow the plant to grow as it does. Once the stretch has ended, remove all ties that you can and let her grow unrestricted, tying only if needed to keep an even canopy.

Thank you very much.

My space is 4' wide, 3' deep and 3' tall. I have covered the walls, ceiling and floor of the space in white paper, and am using three 15-watt 24" flo lights. Supposedly each of these lights is around 800 lumes (so go the rumors). What types of returns should I expect with conditions such as these?

At about what stage in development is it acceptable to start LST? The procedure seems very straight forward; I don't think I will have a problem with it. Also, do you think it would be possible, through pruning and LST, to make the one plant use the entire space available? That is, can I get buds even in the corners of my space? Or is this just wishful thinking?

Thanks for being patient with a noob.

Latest posts

Back