New to online stuff.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldschoolboy

Reaction score
I just started growing this year after a 27 year hiatus and find my skills have diminished. I started with some clones I picked up and cloned 3 times now with about a 25%success rate. I got in the 80s good at cloning and kept my success rate at about 95% so this year I was very disappointed in myself. I kept changing the process trying to mimic my old processes, the one thing I couldn’t do this year was find rootone so I ended up with some jell and use jiffy sevens. As I used to do once the clones were in the jiffy sevens they were put into a small greenhouse under a fluorescent light and I didn’t open the little greenhouse until I seen roots. Next time I think I’m gonna get some rooting powder and see if that makes a difference. Any suggestions? I live in rural area in mid Michigan so I know Im allowed to grow a few plants which I am growing for my wife.

I just started growing this year after a 27 year hiatus and find my skills have diminished. I started with some clones I picked up and cloned 3 times now with about a 25%success rate. I got in the 80s good at cloning and kept my success rate at about 95% so this year I was very disappointed in myself. I kept changing the process trying to mimic my old processes, the one thing I couldn’t do this year was find rootone so I ended up with some jell and use jiffy sevens. As I used to do once the clones were in the jiffy sevens they were put into a small greenhouse under a fluorescent light and I didn’t open the little greenhouse until I seen roots. Next time I think I’m gonna get some rooting powder and see if that makes a difference. Any suggestions? I live in rural area in mid Michigan so I know Im allowed to grow a few plants which I am growing for my wife.
I would use clonex for rooting gel root riot cubes then instead of keeping the dome closed I mist my clones two or three times a day every day until I see roots Good luck in your cloning

I have used most all of them. I do like clonex. Using it currently with that same 90 to 95% success. I would bet you are leaving the cuts in the jell to long and burning them. 5 seconds and out. I use a heat mat set to keep the roots at 78 to 80f. T-5 lights at a distance at first and slowly move closer. I use rock wool 2" cubes in a dome. Can't miss.

Good luck.

WELCOME
1630927498607.png

Same as Putes said above.
Set back relax smoke , we will help you here.

Welcome bud
I'm pretty new here too and still finding my feet.
I just fart around growing from seed and have always tended to figure out stuff for myself (guess I'm a stubborn old buggar)
But these guys seem to know what they're talking about.
Have fun 😊

Welcome aboard the Passion my friend.

Latest posts

Back