new to the game

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lefty

Reaction score
hello i call my self lefty and i hope u all are doing well . i start a horticulture school in sept and thr emphasis is on hydroponics. im sure alot willb learned . i will post as i go along. but for now im just interested in starting a few plants in pots (large) and keeping them under grow lights at the moment .still have to get seeds lights the whole kit and kaboodle i know seeds are important.i also would like to know about the best and cheapest way to set up a lighting system.any thoughts.please let me know am very eager to learn.peace out......lefty

i was just reading the grow guide and it said an hps lamp can go from start to finish. any one no any good brands prices ect....

insidesun.com
or if you sorta handy with wiring.
e-conolite.com just have to make the ballast remote so the grow are doesn't get as hot. ;)

Yeah, you can run an HPS through a full grow. Perfect world is Florous or Metal Halide for veg. and High Pressure sodium for flower. but if only doing one grow area for seeds to flower without any propagation an HPS would be a good purchase. Good rule of thumb 50W (HID)/sq.ft. or 3,000 lumens (florous)/sq.ft. min. ;)

Good luck with your studies. can't wait to see your posts after your first semester. ;)

im going to try and read all the guides i can git my hands on i go to bed w/high times in my hands. i feel the best preperations give me the best shot. im just in the planning stages now trying things out w/ tomatoes and peppers. i cant wait for school.its not like bfore its something i want to do.illb able to get a job in what i like to d oplus illb able to tinker around at home w/ a great hobby .im going to read all i can and all the advice u seasoned vets can give a first timer willb more than appreciated thanks.also whats the best kind of seeds to get for a begginner..lefty

holey buds! i just read the first grow guide and i have to say wow. alot of stuff to retain maybe i should stop smokn.psych! cool im alittle cofused on the stages of growth such as when to flood w/ light constantley.but ill learn as i go .also u peeps will guide me straight right?i hope. well im off to read more later ....lefty:rolleyes:

another q im full of them? if u buy female seeds then are all of your plants going to b females or is this bull. kinda stands to reason or is it crap?

TURKEYNECK said:
what up Lefty...Ive never ordered seeds but I just read this piece written by Mutt and thought it might help answer your question.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1974

Nope I didn't author it. I don't have THAT much time on my hands.
can one of the mods go in and put the following in as the author. Thanks.

Strawdog (whoever that was) was the author.

Just don't want that being misinterpreted. Thanks guys. I just posted it and stickied it from my archives of saved useful information.

tip - check out your university library. ours is loaded with grow info. they want you to pay for yer education hehehe

Ifu Have Any Advice Please Post It To Me Under My Room Specs Under The Hydroponic Growing Section .thanx

HI Lefty--

I bet you worked this out for youself but I just thought I'd say it anyway.. You probably shouldn't buy expensive female seeds your first time growing or at least until you know for sure that your growing environment is perfect (temp, lights, ventiltation, pots or hydro, nutrients, all the rest..)

Just recently I bought 10 Feminized Blueberry seeds because IMHO they are THE absolute coolest looking 'on the plant' bud there is. Anyways, I sprouted 8/8 and planted them with a bunch of others and turned out totally twisted and small and mutated.. (but they didn't die.. I'm going to keep one just to see how it turns out). I think this is because I didn't have my AC in yet and the temps were going from 69F in the morning to 102F in the afternoon.. I'm sure that under certain cirucumstances feminized seeds can work out really well.. but personally I wish that I had waited until my grow space was totally dialed in before I spent $200+ on 10 seeds... :D I smoked way too much weed... I ain't never smoked no **** like this before, man.. I think I better go drink some OJ or something..

imho i dont think feminised seeds are worth it... like everyone says... if things are not PERFECT in everyway.. then one still might hermie or go male. I wouldn't waste the money on those fancy seeds... I would rather buy 2 different strains. Or in a perfect world I would get a bunch of clones to start off with. I'm not sure how much they might cost in ur area... here they go for around $10 so 10 for $100 is the same as a good bunch of seeds.

EEK STOP DONT NO blueberry has a trait - it grows all twisted and weird. i bought blueberry fer the first time a long time ago from d.j. shorts and a buddy was growing them, they came out this way and he chopped them thinking they were hermies. i reordered and asked the breeder about the growth - dj said this was normal and started to put up strain descriptions mentioning this trait. this means you got a real thing friend.

do not chop them - grow them and they like lots of ferts.

.."Yup"...twisted, deformed seedlings is a trait of "true" blueberry.

Astra--

No, I didn't chop any of them.. Geeze I'm glad I didn't.. Also, I'm really glad that you were able to identify this.. because if the blueberry is really blueberry it stands to reason that the rest of the seeds I bought are also real.. This is something I wasn't sure about because the seeds didn't come like I thought they would.. I had pictured them coming in sealed seed packets like tomatoes or whatever from the hardware store. This is good news!!

where from if you want to tell? watch out fer the blackbears; they love blueberries hehehe

where did u git these buggers? is there a web site ?or an address/ PLEASE?

I got my seeds @ www.marijuana-seeds.nl.. what can I say I ordered because of the boobie.. funny how this site has that terrible review on the MP rating list... 7 days to receipt from the day I ordered %90 germination.. :D

Latest posts

Back