new way to grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bleek187 said:
Oh yea let me clear something up lol..

there def. was NOOO benefit to doing it this way..
i bought a new timer when i started a new crop and set it to come on at 6pm and off at 6am... but i didnt realize that it was already set to go off at 12... so i THOUGHT it was staying on for 12 hours.. it just took me 2 weeks before i realized it and changed it..

But yea... i was very upset about it.. this crop is gonna yield like 1/4 of what i usualy get i bet. you live and you learn.. ALWAYS hit that reset button on your digital timers before you set it up.. peace

Thanks for posting this...we don't want a bunch of newbies trying it on purpose...:)

I still learn at least one new thing each grow I do....and I am sure that will continue for the rest of my life.

12/12 baby. all the way, and you can grow like the pros do it. lol.:cool:

Irish said:
12/12 baby. all the way, and you can grow like the pros do it. lol.:cool:

I like it better down here in the minor leagues..sleazier groupies.....:holysheep: :hubba:

Never starve yur Girls on purpose,,thats just mean. 6-6-6-6:doh:

Bleek187 said:

i bought a new timer when i started a new crop and set it to come on at 6pm and off at 6am... but i didnt realize that it was already set to go off at 12... so i THOUGHT it was staying on for 12 hours.. it just took me 2 weeks before i realized it and changed it..

But yea... i was very upset about it.. this crop is gonna yield like 1/4 of what i usualy get i bet. you live and you learn.. ALWAYS hit that reset button on your digital timers before you set it up.. peace

THANKS for this, this does point to where I was going in that depriving your gals of the proper amount of time to grow will only hurt them, not help!! I had seen you post about this error....

eta...lol, Hammy beat me to it...

Hamster Lewis said:
I still learn at least one new thing each grow I do....and I am sure that will continue for the rest of my life.

its amazing how every crop i turn i say somehting like this "this is the best crop ive grown so far" or "man next crop i gotta make sure i dont do that" lol

i sware nomatter what theres always 2309823094 things that go thru my head about my grow and how to make it better. learn something new everyday.

Hamster Lewis said:
I wld read the book Marijuana Botany because you are doing more harm then good....limiting your plants light below 12 hours will cause a decrease in thc production.

You said "small buds but very good looking"....the word small pops out in that sentence. Jmo

YES, YES, a thousand times YES!!!!!!! READ THAT BOOK.

It will explain in technical detail about less than 10-12 hrs of light AND why you need 12 hrs+- of un interrupted dark, not 6/6/6/6.

Or, go ahead and rediscover things that were researched years ago.:ignore:

Wet

Hamster Lewis said:
I like it better down here in the minor leagues..sleazier groupies.....:holysheep: :hubba:

The sleazier ones are more ..... interesting.:hubba:

Wet

Bleek187 said:

Aaaaaahhhhhhhh.

Now it makes sense.

I just use mechanical time switches for my lights. Less stuff for me to putz up.

Wet

benamucc said:
what about me? i feel confused and stressed...but am still most definately a male! :hubba:
Keep checking you could hermi any day!!:rofl: :rofl:

jesuse said:
:hubba: 6 on 6 off 6 on 6 off turn 1 day in to two i know this wont be for all folks cause plants stay small and yeild like autos but with regular vareity and potency this may apeal to sum pepole out ther and also bud in half the time:D wot do you think would this work i know that some folks do 12/12 from start and get good results so wot do you think of 6/6/6/6

goodness..:shocked: plants have an "internal biological 24 hour clock" 6/6/6/6 isn't going to make or allow them to "bud in half the time". It isn't going to produce "regular variety and potency".
In fact, it is far more likely to extend the time it requires for them to 'sexually' mature, and induce hermaprodism.

change the 'hxxp to http and enjoy the enlightenment .. ;)
hxxp://www.mellowgold.com/grow/mjbotany-removed/marijuanabotany1.html

Plants produce hormones that cause them to flower at ALL times. Light destroys the hormones and is why it needs 12 hrs. of darkness for the amount of hormones to built up enough to induce flowering. 6/6/6/6 would keep the plant in veg phase, IMO.

Latest posts

Back