new way to grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jesuse

Reaction score
:hubba: 6 on 6 off 6 on 6 off turn 1 day in to two i know this wont be for all folks cause plants stay small and yeild like autos but with regular vareity and potency this may apeal to sum pepole out ther and also bud in half the time:D wot do you think would this work i know that some folks do 12/12 from start and get good results so wot do you think of 6/6/6/6

I agree with hammy. You are going to stress the plant by doing that. It will confuse the hormone production.

I doubt it would even flower.

:holysheep: think sir whys that hamy all you would be doin is shortining ther days no stress kind of like triking yer lil ladies :hubba:cuting ther days would not stress them im not saying mess with temps and leav them in dark for long periods 6/6/6/6 ofcourse it would flower why not

You wouldnt be tricking anything though. A plant needs 12 hours of dark to generate a certain hormone that is needed for flowering. If it does not get 12 hours of light it will confuse (stress ( the plant.

Seems to me it would confuse the plant, probably stress it excessively which would, as Hammy said, hermie the plant...most likely.

I believe a study showed a plant given 12 hours of continous dark period produces 2x the THC as one given 10 hours of continuos dark period...not sure if your plan wld cause flowering to begin.

Jmo

fair doos guys im thiking of giveing this a shot any ways iv been breeding weed for years and have plenty of beans to spare ill post a grow on this soon and see how it goes ill get cracking some beans now:hubba:

Roddy said:
Seems to me it would confuse the plant, probably stress it excessively which would, as Hammy said, hermie the plant...most likely.

what about me? i feel confused and stressed...but am still most definately a male! :hubba:

plants need light/water/nutrients to grow. It is the same as giving a person excercise/food/water. If you take a person and give them half excercise/food/water they need, they are not going to grow faster, they are going to most likely die. The same would happen with a plant.

-SSF-

If you have the room and lights, you could do a side by side and see how they do either way....

benamucc said:
what about me? i feel confused and stressed...but am still most definately a male! :hubba:

Yes, but we have a very nice de-stressing system....:bong2: :joint: :laugh: :smoke1: :bong: I doubt this would be much benefit to the poor plants, more like scare them silly knowing they're soon to be on the menu! :eek: ;) :D

ssf i relise this is a dope fourm but your wasted off your nut sir im nothing like my trees sir and like wise //peace:rolleyes:

jesuse said:
ssf i relise this is a dope fourm but your wasted off your nut sir im nothing like my trees sir and like wise //peace:rolleyes:

I'm sure this is known, but that's not what was meant.

im baked but hey rody are you trieing to confuse me// what

say whatever you want BUT... for the first 2 weeks of the crop im growing now i only gave them 6 hours of light per day. 6 on 18 off. the crop is almost done now and no hermys. all female.. all flowered. all the buds look great. the only thing that happended is they stayed VERY short.. they were all about 6" tall at start and now they are between 12 and 24".. small buds but very good looking.. SO...

i say do it.. try on one plant maybe.. and do another on 12/12... 2 clones from the same mother.. see what happens... OH and by the way theres no way that 6/6/6/6 will make the plant flower any faster.. it will change how it grows but it wont make it finnish sooner. peace

Oh yea let me clear something up lol..

there def. was NOOO benefit to doing it this way..
i bought a new timer when i started a new crop and set it to come on at 6pm and off at 6am... but i didnt realize that it was already set to go off at 12... so i THOUGHT it was staying on for 12 hours.. it just took me 2 weeks before i realized it and changed it..

But yea... i was very upset about it.. this crop is gonna yield like 1/4 of what i usualy get i bet. you live and you learn.. ALWAYS hit that reset button on your digital timers before you set it up.. peace

I wld read the book Marijuana Botany because you are doing more harm then good....limiting your plants light below 12 hours will cause a decrease in thc production.

You said "small buds but very good looking"....the word small pops out in that sentence. Jmo

Trying to grasp why one would want to do this unless they have a very very short grow room. Why wouldn't you want to get the most bud you can for your time and effort? Its kinda like swimming to the bottom of the ocean for a treasure chest only to leave half of the loot behind.Lol yeah Im stoned...Its not going to speed anything up. A plant takes a certain amount of time to mature before it buds weather its under 24 or 6 hours at a time, correct?I i think it would do more harm than good. If your looking for fast plants why not just grow autos or clones in a sog?:joint:

Latest posts

Back