New York State Grower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darryl F Meadath

Reaction score
Hey all,I live in NY and I have been growing most of my adult life. I did the indoor thing back in 2000 and had one of those outhouse's on steroid's.I grew some fantastic bud's in that monster. Now as a vet in a wheel chair I grow outdoor's exclusively.
Some may not think that NY state is a very good place to grow? But I say yes the climate in the spring and summer are very close to California climes.This year I have 30 very large and budding Purple Haze going.

The problem I have at this time is all of these plant's are full of large ,full,bud's. But the weather has been awful.They only have maybe another 2 week's if the sun would come out and stay for about a week?If the sun came out and gave my babies 10 or 12 good hour's of the 79 to 85 temp's that have been all summer long.

My plant's would grow some gorgeous purple bud's with long full koala and amber line's. Can anyone help me with a grow that is just not getting enough sun? I do not want to lose these babes and if there is a way to prevent my plant;s going south for lack of sun power. Please let me know . Peace Out! Out Of The Mist! shewoff

Welcome to MP. Will you not have enough sun for the whole month of september? There really isn't anything you can do. Can't bring them inside under lights, that wouldn't work. I am in washington state and my plants don't finish until october.
Glad you are here, purple haze YUM. finish those girls .

i am in massachusetts and grew outside in 2016 and the cool, wet fall really impacted the grow. i got bud rot and powdery mildew. i think i finally gave up at the beginning of october and chopped them. even then the buds were pretty small and not yet ripe. i hope you get some dry weather. this has been quite a bad stretch of wet weather in the north east. i did use a portable canopy at one point to try to keep the rain off the plants. i don't know if that is an option for you as your plants may be too tall. good luck.

Thank's all.I started these on the 1st of June. That is right at 12 week's if I hold till the end of Aug. I'am not too concerned about root rot of even mildew.The lack of sun is slowing down the process.And that is very frustrating. I know enough to figure my grow to flower and bud,finish. But I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem and found an answer. I have both hybrid's and The Haze they are all in some stage of blooming or another. The hybrid's were planted about 2 week's later than the haze.
Thank's oldfogey8 but I have not had too much of a problem with the rain.These plant's are solid monster's 6 to 9 feet tall.It would take a bad ass storm to stop these babes.

Latest posts

Back