New.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jewbacca said:
awesome does being in there have any disadvantages or affect the quality of the bud?

imo youll probbaly end up with beter buds than trying to build a cabinet out of the stuff you listed.

tents are made for growing. itll have all the holes you need for ventilation, places to hang your lights..ect..

if setup properly your plants will have a perfect growing enviroment.

What evers yual do pilgrem yual still probably produce better buds then I and I gros some good smoke ifin i do say so myself and my tent be more a cabin so its gonna be better then what I gots so dont think yual could do worse then this bushman. Good luck yur trail partner be interestin settin by yur fire might drop by little more oftin seein hows yual makin out with yur journy.

Here be the backwood harvest room it be sayin I cant to post the grow cabin cause it already be posted in me howdy thread yual can see it there ifin yu like.

BWD

lol BWD that looks great.

and ok tent sounds good can i use any old tent or do i have to get the special ones from a website online or would they be at hydroponic stores?

What would be my best bet with those?

Thanks everyone for helping me out,
Jewbacca

Grow tents have reflective material on the inside and mostly light proof. I bought mine online as they are less cost then the hydro store

I use a cheap one off of ebay for veg (has a few light leaks), but for flower I have a Secret Jardin DRII 120(no light leaks)

Yeah if you can spare the extra cash I wld get a brand name for flower and an eBay special for veg. I hve 3 eBay specials but if I had the coin available I wldnt mind a brand name top of the line flower tent. If you do go the eBay route make sure you research the seller. I try and only deal with hydro shops on eBay and try and research them before buying anything.

ok i just requested info from jardin about the prices on their tents and for the "veg" tent is it better to have no light leaks or a little?

No light leaks is the best.

Light leaks are more of a problem during the flowering phase.
Light leaks will cause the plant to hermie

ok thanks so where is the best place to go from here. Start learning how to grow? or learn more about making the DWC bucket? should i go to the tents part of the site or learn from a tutorial on here?

Thanks for all of your help.

Jewbacca

Start with learning how to grow. This will help you decide on how you want to grow. Tents are just a convenience to help you grow with a quick take down period.

ok can you or someone else recommend the best guide to learn how to grow some very high quality mj on here or on a diff website?

There is no definitive guide. Every space, every circumstance is different, What do you want to know?

Growing very high quality weed takes practice.

I started with the Growing Marijuana and Growing Marijuana Videos that are linked on the MP home page. I also spent more than a few hours reading posts here on the forum.

THG is right, though, it takes practice. I had a few early disasters because my grow room wasn't dialed in. I "thought" I had it set up correctly but my first few plants taught me better.

I never be havin much problem growin my smokes. Be treatin it not like the others that have made it to perfection. Be seein folk makin it into art form and to others just doin what they be doin to get by. Its all fur the love and the need we grows what we grows I like I said just treat it like a weed and not take the weed wackit to it and it ussualy grows to up with out much fusin. Well I have had some burnin of lower fan leaves once but just spoke softly to her said thin like its ok to not be feelin well here be just plain fresh water then she shed the bad and out with the new. treats them like any other plant and it be lookin to my needs no problem. Then we have my private stock or reserve no buddy been told nothin bout that that to be another fire side story. Much luck the trail yual walk my friend hopin it be leadin yual the ways yu seek to wonder.

BWD

Yea what drifter said.The sooner you start growin the sooner you get the hang of it. My first grow wasnt great by any standards but it was much better than half the crap out there on the streets.

BackWoodsDrifter said:
I never be havin much problem growin my smokes. Be treatin it not like the others that have made it to perfection. Be seein folk makin it into art form and to others just doin what they be doin to get by. Its all fur the love and the need we grows what we grows I like I said just treat it like a weed and not take the weed wackit to it and it ussualy grows to up with out much fusin. Well I have had some burnin of lower fan leaves once but just spoke softly to her said thin like its ok to not be feelin well here be just plain fresh water then she shed the bad and out with the new. treats them like any other plant and it be lookin to my needs no problem. Then we have my private stock or reserve no buddy been told nothin bout that that to be another fire side story. Much luck the trail yual walk my friend hopin it be leadin yual the ways yu seek to wonder.

BWD

Holy smokes! Papabeach1, dat you, man? :huh:

You seem incredibly enthusiastic about this just like the rest of us. Just remember to not let that get in the way of making the right choices.

A few things I've noticed from reading through this. You're in an apartment complex, It's going to be nearly impossible for you to cut any ventilation holes at all unless you happen to own the building itself, leading me to believe your best bet would be a window which in an apartment building is gonna be difficult to hide ventilation.

Like puffin said, with only 2 feet of width you're going to have a very hard time fitting the things you need in that space. Putting a tent in the space also I don't think would work anyway, I've never seen a tent that's only 2 feet wide. Remember you're also gonna have to get into the area to water and turn the plants unless you're using a light mover.

My last 2 cents would be, slow down, and take your time. Especially if you've never attempted to grow before, throwing yourself headlong into the situation in less than ideal location and conditions is just going to frustrate you to the point of even causing you to give up. Post as much info as you can about the progress and all the capable people here will help in any way they can!

Green Mojo and good luck!

thanks for all of your responses.
The reason I am trying to get as much info as I can now is because I wont be able to start until august. So I know practice makes perfect in every and any situation but I am going to try as hard as I can to learn everything to a T before I start growing so that I can try to have a good harvest the first time around since I have a few months before I can start. Obviously that is not usually how it works but I am going to try and if i **** up the first time i **** up but I wanna try to get everything down and pat by august.

PB420: I am going to do it in a tent and Ive started to think that if the smell will not be there at all, I have a pretty big room so I may just have a tent sitting in the corner of my room. No one has to ever come into my room or know what it is. The closet idea is slipping away because Im realizing its just really not enough room to get **** done.

The apt complex is really lax about what you do to your room. The guy who was giving us a tour of the sample room said they had busted a couple big holes in the wall on drunken nights and they didnt care at all in the end they just tell you to patch it up, so I am thinking they wont be too big of an issue.

Tell me what you think?

Ya i am going a bit fast i guess you could say but its because I am on spring break right now and have a serious medical issue where I am supposed to be on "bedrest" for the first few days of the treatment so I am constantly in front of the comp chillen.

Thanks for all of your help and any input or suggestions are very helpful. Thanks!

FYI Jewbacca

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/Site_Rules.html

1. This is the most simple of rules. There are filters in place to block the usage of many words that are considered to be unacceptable in polite conversation. If you notice that a word you've typed is replaced by asterisks, then it is one of these words. Please reconstruct your post to reflect what you're trying to say, but without the word that was blocked. Adding spaces or other characters to the filtered word is not acceptable here. If you attempt to bypass the filter by using any means, it's a direct act against the rules of this site. The Moderators will generally only delete the word itself from your post. However, repeated occurrences of this type may cause more severe reaction by the Moderators who are entrusted to keep the peace here.

Simply put, cussing is not necessary and should not be used. If you feel like cussing in a private message to another member who is tolerant of it, then that's fine. The use of cussing in the open forums is not acceptable as polite conversation. Please just talk without using profanity.

Punching holes in drywall is one thing, running ventilation for fresh air outside is another. At some point you're going to have to explain why you want to put a hole in the wall. Whether you ask if it's ok first and they question it or you do it and they notice, because you're not gonna be patching it up, it's gonna stay a hole otherwise it's not gonna be very useful for ventilation.

Using a tent is a great idea so long as you've got the space for it, I just meant using a tent in one of those closets is not going to work.

The tent itself isn't going to eliminate the smell. Even with a carbon filter you're gonna have some scent just coming off the plants into your living space. Since you're indoors with other people in such close proximity I would plan out very carefully how you're going to work your ventilation.

Throw out the idea that you're going to learn everything to a T before starting because it just will not happen. Giving yourself a timespan so short (now->aug) to hope you'll be growing the best you can produce is also really kinda crazy. Growing anything properly is a learning process and whether it's a tomato, a cactus, or a lovely green lady, you're never gonna get it 100% on your first shot.

Try to have more realistic expectation of what you'll be able to accomplish.

I'm sure even someone like THG with all of her growing experience would still say there are improvements to be made.

In my opinion the moment you're 100% satisfied with what you've done, you've lost some measure of passion towards growing. It's the people that always think there's that little bit more that maybe could be done next time to boost production or efficiency, the ones that are never quite satisfied with their own ability that continue to astonish with what they do.

No two situations are identical in a greenhouse and each one needs to be treated accordingly.

Latest posts

Back