New.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jewbacca

Reaction score
Hi I have decided I am sick of all the sketchy business that goes on in bud deals and all of things with it and since I am getting my own place next year, I am going to learn how to grow great marijuana for myself right in my house.
I have been doing some research on it the past week. I want to learn how to not just grow but to grow very high quality. I am the type of person that will learn as much info as I can about something so I can do it best the first time. I am not moving into my new place until August so I havea few months to learn everything down to a T. I know I want to grow hydroponically but need some help figuring out what to buy and the best way to grow.

I will be doing it in my closet, it has a wide width and is pretty tall with a coat hanger rack that can be removed. The only thing that seemed a little small was the length(front to back) it was a bout 2-2 1/2 feet. Does this seem like enough room to have 1-5 plants? I am thinking ideally 2 but i am not sure what i could fit.

What is the best and cheapest way to start out? I have been reading some of the tutorials but would like solid opinions on what the best stuff i could use is and best setup to have would be.

I was looking at this setup potentially, what do you think:
hxxp://www.growingclosets.com/getting-started/414/list-of-components-for-an-indoor-closet-grow

hxxp://www.stealthhydroponics.com/?gclid=CMij3cD_ya4CFQKf7QoddjqnDA <<Good or bad idea??

Also, how much around would it make my electricity bill go up to have a 1-5 plant set up?

If someone could help me out/guide me through this process it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jewbacca

:ciao::welcome: To the Only Place :ciao::bolt::bong:

First thing first is the forum frowns on outside links, so you need to kill them, most put XX in place of tt.:aok:

If you want the easiest route to start with I would go DWC and make your own system. We have excellent DIY's in our Diy section. It is basically a 5 gallon bucket with a net pot an air pump and air stones with your nutes. Easy to set up and cheap. I still grow DWC with great results.

Do as much research as you can to save money and have a successful grow. With an August start you have plenty of time.

sorry about that i xed em out and do you think its better to do DWC with just one plant or multiple plants.

Also is it better to purchase all the things i will need at a hydroponic store or online?

I would do like pcduck has mentioned and put 1 plant in 1 5 gal DWC bucket. If you are at all handy, you can put these together yourself.

The list in your first link is, IMO, a bad list, for several reasons. So, let's start anew.

Give us the exact dimensions of your closet and we can give you some suggestions on lighting. You are going to want 3000 lumens per sq ft for vegging and 5000 for flowering. I recommend an aircooled hood. It gets hard to keep temps dowen otherwise. You are going to have to be able to keep your closet 100% dark during the dark period of flowering, so plan for this--i.e. if you have bypass doors you will have to deal with that, etc, etc.

You are going to need ventilation and you may to have to cut holes in doors, ceilings, walls, or floors to facilitate air exchange. Plan on buying a centrifuge type fan for exhaust.

If you are growing hydro, you are going to need a pH meter and probably as ppm meter.

Howe much are you going to have to spend on this project?

Welcome to MP....stay away from stealth hydro. Been there done that and they are ripp offs.jmo

Dam I just went by the place yesterday and asked to look and the rooms but i will see if other people are working today and can go look at the sample room again. I am very cautious about everything I do even though these people could probably careless how many times i wanted to look at the room and would never get any ideas on what i am trying to do.

I am trying to keep the budget as cheap as possible but at the same time I will go the length to buy the highest quality stuff. (under 1k if possible) Ive read people doing it for very cheap and people doing it for a little more.

Ventilation is def going to be important, it is an apartment complex and my roomates are cool with it but I still dont want it to smell at all! Will this hole in the wall if needed to make one be going to the outside of the room? or can it all be within the apartment?

I will try to get those dimensions today.

Thanks for all of your responses. And how it that bong to buddha pcduck?? ive always wanted to do that considered getting that vapocane thing but it looked like a gimmick.

Thanks.

Welcome to MP, we are glad you are here. It is the right place to learn. Enjoy.

Im always high, I went and checked out the demenisions today. Theres a smaller size closet and a bigger one the smaller demensions are about:

Roughly:
5ft length
6ft height
2ft front to back :/

the bigger size is pretty much adding a couple feet to the length and height but the front to back stays pretty much the same so for those who are too high to do math:

7ft length
8ft height
2ft front to back.

Jewbacca said:
Im always high, I went and checked out the demenisions today. Theres a smaller size closet and a bigger one the smaller demensions are about:

Roughly:
5ft length
6ft height
2ft front to back :/

the bigger size is pretty much adding a couple feet to the length and height but the front to back stays pretty much the same so for those who are too high to do math:

7ft length
8ft height
2ft front to back.

neither one of those sounds good unless you plan on seperating the space a bit, might also be a bit hard unless using say a cool tube to run a decent aircooled refector in there with only 2ft to front to back, cooltube will work, but the light isnt going to spread properly in a 5-7 foot length, where the seperating will have to come in.

these stor-it-all cabinets im pretty sure would fit in there:
hxxp://www.lowes.com/pd_83870-444-WS48MP_0__?productId=1102057

do you think thats enough room for everything to be in that?

i want this to happen badly either way so even if i can do it outside of the closet but somehow not make it look obvious I could do that too

Have you looked into tents?

Quick take down if needed with them

hm is there info on this website about it? ive never heard of that

do you think the tent would be the best idea moving forward whether its in the closet or not for ventilation and best growing space possible?

Jewbacca said:
do you think the tent would be the best idea moving forward whether its in the closet or not for ventilation and best growing space possible?

I am a big fan of using tents...I usually hve three tents up and running in my spare bedroom and it makes things a lot easier for me. Jmo

awesome does being in there have any disadvantages or affect the quality of the bud?

Latest posts

Back