newb with a question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jezek

Reaction score
i bought a clone off a friend first week into veg,ive had it here growing in my homemade bubbler system under a single 15w flor 2 inches above the plant, i use higro grow and bloom nutes i buy from work with hydroton, they do have lots of roots, ive checked that , im getting a hps next paycheck, employee discount, 600w hps for $200 is sweet, anyway ive had them here for about 3 weeks, they are growing and have come far sinse i bought them but ive been looking at some peoples grow journals and i see within the 18th day they are alot bigger and wayyy more flowers then mine now my question is why are they growing so damn slow, is it because my flor obviously doesnt give enough light or what?

jezek said:
i bought a clone off a friend first week into veg,ive had it here growing in my homemade bubbler system under a single 15w flor 2 inches above the plant

A 15 watt flo isn't enough light. When you put the HPS on your plant, you'll see an almost immediate change for the better. Make sure you keep that light about 24 inches off the plant until you see how the plant reacts to the increased temp and light. Then, little by little move it in until you see a small amount of leaf drying. Then bump it out some and keep the distance constant.

Good luck to you man!

Yes, more light. ASAP Google "Phototropic" that is where a plant did not receive the "proper" light amount. This is a bad thing. Its starving your plant of nec. light for photosynthesis. A key element in any plants life cycle.

i think a 400w hps would be better for a small grow,less heat and you can get the 400 pretty close without damaging the plant.every strain is different and they all grow at different rates,i wouldnt be worried too much about the size,but you need more light now.

sorry i forgot to mention my plan, i have a dwc system with a bubbler, i use hydroton with higro nutes i have one plant, the other two i bought died i couldnt save them, so im keeping this one as the mother, gonna veg and veg and veg, then ill clone it, im going to take 8 clones and move the mother out, i plan to grow 8 at all times, tryin to find bud here is to hard so i know 400 wont cut it

didnt realise you were looking at growing 8+ plants,in that case i would be usind two 400 hps lights.
i grow 20 plants on an nft table under 3 400 lights and they all get enough light,my walls are covered with myla .
i use four shaded 600w hps for my other nft table that has 58 plants and that does well too.
my point being,with a smaller grow 400w lights do a better job because you can get them closer,ive had problems with the plants getting a sort of bleached look when trying to move the 600 too close.
when i first started growing i used to grow 10 plants under a couple of 400s with great results.
good luck

ill see if i can afford that and if i can i will take your advice

if you decide to use the two 400w shaded hps lights there is no reason why you wont get 1 pound off 8 plants,if you are using a good strain.2 oz plants are easy to grow and you wont need a huge area.
if there is anything you need a hand with just ask,ill do my best to set you in the right direction.
one thing ive really learnt about growing ,is it takes time to learn,just about anyone can grow a plant- but it takes time and experience to consistantly reproduce good results.
if you stick at it youll get the results

Are you currently growing 1 clone or many?...You say 1 in your first post, but then go on to call it "them"...just confused...Id def switch that 15w out for a 47w cfl from walmart for $8-9 beans....Also, I dont see any mention of how big the grow room is...hard to say what Id recommend!!! g/l ROOR

i have one clone i bought, im going to use it as the mother and then make 8 clones off of it, right now i have one single plant, i cant afford anything else right now, my grow space is my entire closet, 2'w x 7't x 7'l

edit;

im not positive on the strain but i was told it was an indica, im not sure and neither are they, after i grow this strain im going to purchase some strawberry cough or some blueberry

Latest posts

Back