Newbe needs help COOKING!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THR garden

Reaction score
i'm new here. Grew a wonderful crop this year! BUT I cant find anything here about cooking with...., making butter? HOW do I do this? I figured out oil and the brownies are wonderful. But I would love to make other things. Butter is @ the top of my list! how do I make it? Can it be yellow and not green? can someone help or send me where I need to be?

Good Cooken

THR:farm:

just google "cannabis butter" and you'll get some tasty buttered links. i had a friend who seems to live on cannabutter, but i can't remember how he made it.

i am a fan of making a concentrated tincture with Everclear and prime buds. you can then add the liquid to most anything.

THR garden said:
i'm new here. Grew a wonderful crop this year! BUT I cant find anything here about cooking with...., making butter? HOW do I do this? I figured out oil and the brownies are wonderful. But I would love to make other things. Butter is @ the top of my list! how do I make it? Can it be yellow and not green? can someone help or send me where I need to be?

Good Cooken

THR:farm:

Thank you I will go there. Now how do I make the tincture? If you dont mind me asking?

TRH

in deference to jerico... i looked at that hash oil thread. soon as i saw "isopropyl rubbing alcohol" i ran for the hills... heh... me and poison just don't get along real well. ethyl alcohols are safer and achieve the same thing i think. isopropyl's are used in industrial processes, and are not for food-based use. all pure alcohols are dangerous as heck to mess with though...

i dunno how you are supposed to do it, i guessed the recipe from a book about doctors in the wild west in the old days. they would soak cannabis in ethyl alcohol and give it to ladies to cure depression, etc. i remember a line that said something like "the ladies in the town were known for their happy smiles and green stained forearms". i guess the docs would use crappy old hemp and tell the ladies to rub the tincture on their wrists. it would cause a green stain on their arms. that got me interested in trying it "old style" like that.

for tincture i use Everclear from the liquor store. finely chop up about 1/3 to 1/2 ounce of prime bud and kind of press it into the bottom of a ball jar. then pour in just enough alcohol to cover the mass. cap tightly and let it sit in a warm place for a day or two. then open the jar and decant the liquid into another ball jar (i just throw away the mash, maybe i shouldn't). then un cap that jar an hour or two a day to let the alcohol evaporate, concentrating the mix to your liking. the warmer it is, the faster it evaporates. if you're not careful and it dries out you end up with an ugly hash-looking film in the jar that won't reconstitute (and tastes like deranged dinosaur pee).

when done mine is very light green in color (great for adding to green apple liquor mixes) and you can see trichromes floating in the bottom of the jar. i put it in tiny little 1-ounce amber bottles. last time i did it came out way too strong. drank 1-ounce bottle in a glass of coke. got serious couch lock, passed out about 2 hours later, slept for like 18 hours. was 'hung over' for 2-3 days after. first time i realized that "Yes Virginia, pot CAN be made too strong!" that stuff was powerful enough to use 2-10 drops in most anything and get seriously buzzed.

for me, even a sativa seems to be made indica-like in stoniness when converted to a tincture concentrate. maybe its still a case of it being too strong? anyone else able to get buzzy-speed high from sativa tinctures?

best wishes...

Latest posts

Back