newbi questions after reading newbi thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

templeball

Reaction score
High everyone

Very cool forum very happy to have found this temple of info.

I have read the thread that details nearly everything there is to know but i am still curious about a couple things. i have done this before it was a while back but i have some basics. I started with clones from a friend then and have started from seeds this time. Seeds that came from some pretty nice indoor bud but out of 12 only 4 have survived not a problem but i am worried about their health.

i have a closet 18" x 30" with 2 2' double flouries only with cool light bulbs havent been able to find warm light bulbs yet Is this a problem this early 3 weeks plants 2-4" now.

Even the top leaves are pale yellow and the bottom ones are drying should the lowest ones be cut off? Is that considered pruning?

used substrato soil should have proper nutrition at this time.

have kept the lights 2" away and closet is bright white but i have been on 18/6 should i go to 24 like your thread says i should be at now (came here too late) or should i stay where i am now.

Thanks for being here

Peace

Hey welcome to the forum. :D

i have a closet 18" x 30" with 2 2' double flouries only with cool light bulbs
need to get more lumens. Rule of thumb is at least 50 watts per sq. ft. of area. Or 3,000 lumens. You have over 3 sq. ft. need more florous. Or better yet a HPS or MH light.

havent been able to find warm light bulbs yet Is this a problem
You can Veg fine with the cool whites.

Even the top leaves are pale yellow and the bottom ones are drying should the lowest ones be cut off?
Sounds like either a soil PH problem or Nute Problem. Need pictures to help. Also don't be hacking leaves off. those big leaves(Fan leaves) are solar collectors. Leave those leaves be, they do nothing but good for the plant.

have kept the lights 2" away and closet is bright white but i have been on 18/6 should i go to 24 like your thread says i should be at now (came here too late) or should i stay where i am now.

Your fine. either way. 18/6 and 24 on is both good ways. but you chose 18/6 best to stick with it. Best not to mess with the light schedule.

Well hope I helped some. Good Luck. Happy growing.

Thanks Mutt

Do have a 400 watt comming from a friend of a friend so i don't know what type i am hoping for a horiz sodium.

When i get it how far from the plant should i start with; don't want them gettin sunburn hey?

And what will the min height i could get away with shelf to shelf? Not lookin to get giants will want to be smokin soon so i will start to bud as early as possible.

I dont want to get started in too short of space but at the same time need room for the next generation?

I used to live in the states and had a pretty sweet setup for building rooms within a room that could yeild a constant crop; fairly cheap, easily built by anyone who could get a garden together and very practical. If you think it could be useful & welcome info where should i post?

Thanks again

Peace

Sorry spaced the bit about pale leaves. is it to early to feed them with 20/20/20?

will check out sending photos but i am new to the web as well so could be a bit of a mare. will try though.

Peace

Correction:

Sorry was high when answered.

GanjaGuru corrected me in my statement on 50W/ sq.ft. that only applies to HID lighting.
3,000 lumens is min. for growing weed.
6,000 is optimum.

I let you know my set-up to clear somethings up. I have (4) 42W compact florous. 2 are cool white and 2 are soft white. My veg. area is about 2.5 sq.ft. Enough for two plants in veg.

My Flower area is 4 sq. ft. with a 250 watt HPS. I keep the light about 6"+ away. any closer I get some burn during an evening stretch of the plants.

Thanks Ganja for correcting my royal brain fart. Teach me to respond while smoking B. Grunts ISO Hash recipe. lol

Fert: start 1/2 strength and work up to full strngth. better to under fert than over fert. ;)

Latest posts

Back