newbie alert

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conn

Reaction score
hello

new grower here just looking for any constructive criticism. i have 2 super skunk auto growing since august 16th. ill admit ive been under watering from the start but my 2 plants look completely different. im using a marshydro 120x60x180 with a migrow aray 240 light bar. ive got my head around less is more when it comes to additives. im using bio bizz - grow-bloom and heaven. im growing in the uk. any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
IMG_20201018_172929.jpg
IMG_20201018_172944.jpg

Hi Conn, welcome :)

Under and over watering look very similar to each other. The leaves in the second picture do have a bit of a droop to them and they look a bit light at the top.

What is the combined NPK ratio of the food you are giving them?

Do you PH your water and nutrients before adding them to the plant? Are you in soil or coco?

hi,

thank for the reply, im growing in bio-bizz all mix and yes i ph my feed to 6.2-6.5. rain water and tap water have different ph. im using 1ml bio gro 3ml bio bloom and 4 ml bio heaven per half litre because i was told to use less. im not sure of npk ratio im using the manufacturers recommended schedule.

Does your soil have good drainage, does water flow right through when watered
or hold it like peat does?
I agree over and under watering look almost the same , how often do you water what size pot are they in, and what type of soil and median is it?

hi,

im in pots 30cm x 30cm x 30cm but my next ones are gonna be 5 gallon. i now feed about 1 litre per day but ive only been doing this since the 1st of October. i dont get any run off when watering.
images.jpg

Boo the plant on the right is a lot darker than the plant on the left. im starting to think ive got 2 different seeds in the same pack????

OK your Mix has this on site
Product Information:
All Mix creates fertile growing conditions throughout the year. When using All Mix for the first time, moisten the substrate and leave to stand for 36 hours. This will give the active fertilizer Pre Mix and the microorganisms it contains a chance to start working before the plant goes in. Keep the soil slightly warm at all times, as reducing the soil temperature slows down microbial activity,
which makes it more difficult for the plant to grow. Allow the soil to dry out between each watering.
As the substrate dries out fresh air is introduced - soil needs to breathe too.

Are you allowing it to dry in between waterings?

yes mate ive been checking the top 2 inches of the soil daily and it always seems to be dry. ????? ill admit it the plant on the right seems to drink up a lot better than the one on the left, some days ive had to feed only one plant. i have filter and fan set up in the tent with another 8" fan in the tent moving air around.

May indicate a ph problem and the plant has loc-out not taking up much feed water, the other plant could be in balance and you need to water it more.
Do you have a PPM meter?

If it were mine I would mix a solution of feed water using half of wht they say to use, adjust the PH to what the soil you have recommends , then run enough though to get runoff and then check it.
If high or low you can adjust on next feeding or a flushing.
Soil ph I do is 6.3 to 6.8

yes ive calibrated the ph meter and im able to get it right. i made the mistake for feeding rain water without checking the ph, turns out it was a little high. i now keep tap water in a bucket for a couple of days to let the chlorine evaporate. ive been keeping the made up feed in the tent foe the next watering.

Awesome advice from RoosterTheCog.

@Conn The NPK ratio is the Nitrogen - Phosphorus - Potassium ratios, which usually are displayed on the bottle like 3-5-5. The plants do look like they may be starting to get some deficiencies. I'm seeing lighter color on the new growth, which typically means it is an immobile nutrient. But I do also see some yellowing on the edges of the middle leaves which could be a lack of phosphorus. A lack of that would also include lighter green on the new growth.

You won't be able to correct a deficiency if the Ph of the soil has locked out those nutrients. As Rooster suggests, try and get an idea of what your input PH is, as well as your soil PH which can be done by doing a slurry test. Once that is in order, then you can go about correcting any deficiencies.

Latest posts

Back