newbie grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fiction said:
here's some pics from today. I've got a question, is it normal for the new sets of leaves growing to be a slight yellowgreen color towards the center and fade into green? you can sort of see it in the birdseye view pic. Other then that everthin is goin fine. Finally got the tempeture and humidy just right. Maintaining it at 81* and 42%
Looking good Fiction. Yes it's normal for the new growth to be a light green or yellowish green in color when the new sets of leaves are forming.

Thanks for the reply TBG. Here's just some pics from today. Its been 10 days since they've been planted.

IMG_0711.JPG

IMG_0713.JPG

TURKEYNECK said:
keep 'em comin' man...that is a sweet setup.

Thanks man..I'll keep them pics comin. Im following your first grow as well. Goodluck with that. Hopin on females for you!

one of the plants has a leaf with this wierd closed sissor look to it. haha

IMG_0727.JPG

IMG_0721.JPG

IMG_0725.JPG

IMG_0726.JPG

So it's been 2 weeks and everything is going fine. Except for 2 plants which have developed slight yellowing on the tips of their second to bottom set of leaves. Is this normal? Could it have been the 2 hours of 90 degree temps they went through before i was home to turn on the a/c?

IMG_0729.JPG

IMG_0738.JPG

I would say that is heat stress, keep the temps down and make sure the "death" does not increase, mine had some heat stress showing as well. Temp was approx 93 degrees.

May i say that your babies are looking great Fiction. Keep them temps down and keep up the good work. Can't wait to see some buds on those babies. ;)

Those are some happy&healthy lookin plants you got there Fiction, can't wait to see those babies grow up ;)

Thanks for the kind words n tha mojo. Imma be makin sure to keep those temps down for now on..hopfully wont have anymore problems with heat stress.

Fiction said:
Thanks for the kind words n tha mojo. Imma be makin sure to keep those temps down for now on..hopfully wont have anymore problems with heat stress.

Your doing good..:cool:

Here's a few pics. Unfortunatly the temp peaked at 90* today again. If no one is home to unzip the doors to the hydrohut when the light comes on the temps rise too much. The temps go from a low of 77* with 40% humidity to a high of 90* with 51% humidy. Do you think thats too much of a fluctuation in temps. Starting to worry bout ending up with males and herms.

IMG_0746.JPG

IMG_0747.JPG

IMG_0748.JPG

Hey Fiction, Props on the grow...They look like they are coming along real nice, keep up the good work! Peace Out and GG

Mine are currently staying 84-89 degrees. That is hotter then you would like but will not kill them. If you can keep it at 90 degrees MAX, I would say you will be ok. Grow books that I have read indicate 92-95 degrees you begin to have rapid decrease in plant life.

DillaWilla said:
Hey Fiction, Props on the grow...They look like they are coming along real nice, keep up the good work! Peace Out and GG
Thanks Dilla!

Dr.GreenThumb said:
Mine are currently staying 84-89 degrees. That is hotter then you would like but will not kill them. If you can keep it at 90 degrees MAX, I would say you will be ok. Grow books that I have read indicate 92-95 degrees you begin to have rapid decrease in plant life.
Thanks for the info doc. Next few days wont be any easier..forcast callin for 90+ temps outdoors so who knos how hot its gonn get in this apartment. Imma have to make sure to be home on time for them. will keep u posted..peace

Its been 3 weeks now. everythin is goin good :D here's some pics.

IMG_0762.JPG

IMG_0763.JPG

Great looking plants... How far along into your grow are you?

Latest posts

Back