newbie grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whats up Fiction. Your babies are looking great. By the looks of that fan leaf they are really getting big. Your doing a great job man.

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Whats up Fiction. Your babies are looking great. By the looks of that fan leaf they are really getting big. Your doing a great job man.
thanks TBG.

everythin ok heres some pics. They've really been growing nicely the tallest one is 12inches. When do i decided to switch to 12s?

IMG_0782.JPG

IMG_0783.JPG

IMG_0780.JPG

Hey Fiction...one question??? Do they have alt. nodes or pre-flowers??? What strain is that??? I am working on a Misty Grow and they are also primarily an Indica Strain as I believe yours are...Mine are 30 days old and have distinct pre-flowers and are just now starting to get alt. nodes. IMHO it seems like your could be right in line with that...anyhow to answer your question: You can switch to 12/12 once they are sexually mature (alt. nodes / pre-flower)...UNLESS THEIR CLONES (then you can flower them once they have rooted and show good new growth)...if your babes are sexually mature switch them, but look for the alt. nodes, this will be your best key...Good Luck, your grow is looking great...Peace Out and G

DillaWilla said:
Hey Fiction...one question??? Do they have alt. nodes or pre-flowers??? What strain is that??? I am working on a Misty Grow and they are also primarily an Indica Strain as I believe yours are...Mine are 30 days old and have distinct pre-flowers and are just now starting to get alt. nodes. IMHO it seems like your could be right in line with that...anyhow to answer your question: You can switch to 12/12 once they are sexually mature (alt. nodes / pre-flower)...UNLESS THEIR CLONES (then you can flower them once they have rooted and show good new growth)...if your babes are sexually mature switch them, but look for the alt. nodes, this will be your best key...Good Luck, your grow is looking great...Peace Out and G
Whas up dilla? I've been keepin up with yur grow and it seems like we're around the same stage. Its been 3 weeks 3 days and I have alternating nodes but I'm not sure what preflowers are supposed to look like. (i'll take some pics of the growth goin on between nodes) The strain im growing is called "Dutch Passion Strawberry Cough" I started from femenized seed. I believe its a 80% sativa 20%indica Blend. I plan to switch them to 12/12 in about a week and a half. Anyway..here's some pics. Can u tell if those are preflowers? or just more nodes?

IMG_0799.JPG

IMG_0792.JPG

Hey Fiction...it looks like just new shoots, I dont see any indication of pre-flowers or for that matter alternating nodes...check out this link it will give you a pretty good idea on what to look for...IMHO you dont want to put them into flower until they are sexually mature...check out the link brother and keep your eyes open....Peace Out and GG

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2026

Its been 1 month now. here's some pics the tallest are now 18inches.:D can anyone tell me if thats a preflower in one of those pics.

IMG_0889.JPG

prefloer.jpg

IMG_0890.JPG

Well unfortunately Fiction the pic in the middle looks like the start of a male pre-flower:mad: :eek: ...IMHO I can say that I am 60% sure but you still want to definitely put them into 12/12 when they are sexually mature and in 2 weeks you will know for sure...Good Luck with the grow, Peace Out and GG

I don't think it's a male pre-flower... but then again I haven't been growing very long. My suggestion is to give it a little bit more time to see what it develops into. All I can say is, when my plants looked like that, they were females.

IMHO it's too early to really determine if thats a male or female preflower. Anyway, 12/12 will tell you for sure within a few weeks, and it looks like those plants are ready for 12/12 very soon if not now, so I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya.

Thanks for the advice guys. Ima wait a little longer then which them over to 12s. Will keep u posted.

:D Think i've spotted my first female pre-flower. Found this growing on my tallest plant.

female.jpg

Whats up Fiction. Congrats on the female. Can't wait to see her full of buds. :D

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Whats up Fiction. Congrats on the female. Can't wait to see her full of buds. :D

Thanks tbg. I'll be switchin the lights on her soon when I recieve my Bloom nutes. Theirs a heat wave goin on here and theirs been blackouts all over my city I'm prayin that it doesnt make it way here. I'll be screwed!

everything ok. Plants are now gettin too tall n bushy for the growroom. All are showing female preflowers. Was hoping on noticing a few males to make some place. The bottom leaves are getting there light blocked by the tops so We tryin to add some flourcent lights on the bottom to try n get some light down there. Here's some pics. P.s check out the seeds i picked up for the next grow. Toronto seedbanks..cool

fixed.jpg

fixed2.jpg

fixed3.jpg

fixed4.jpg

Latest posts

Back