Newbie has Purple stem?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marrymirror1

Reaction score
I have just recently transplanted some white widow seeds into a hydroponic dripper system grow pot. The taproot is about an half inch long. When I look at the part where the seed shell is at the very top the root is purple. I checked the pH levels they are at 6.0. I used B.C. Boost and B.C. Grow as directed. Is that the stem forming or is there something wrong?

Well in some strains its perfectly normal... Or it could be a deficiency of sorts... which I dont think it could be if it's so young. I'm just a rookie so I'm still learning myself.

Thats all I grow is white widow and its normal for that strain but once it has it's first set of leaves I start to fertilize with a VERY mild neutriant solution.

Is B.C Grow and Boost okay? I only use the measurments required on the back of the panel or is that still too strong?
Thanky

Yeah use whatever but I wouldn't go more than 25% strength. Specially since they are just sprouting.

Latest posts

Back