Newbie here!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You will know soon. Just keep an eye on them!

Thanks! It turns out that out of 11 plants, I have 3 females...it kind of worked out because of limited growing space. One thing I don’t understand, why do people choose ‘regular’ seeds over feminized? Why take care of males for weeks that will be cut down and removed from the lot?

Why reg seeds?

Not all strains are available in fem seeds. One of my favorite strains, Satori, only comes in reg seeds, so if I want Satori, I have to buy seeds and sex the plants. I am also running some seeds that were a result of a marijuana crop (Double Bubba) being pollinated by high CBD hemp (Cherry Wine S1). Hoping to get something with a high CBD content, but still enough THC to give you a little buzz. Having to sex these, too.

Fem seeds have more of a propensity to hermy than reg seeds. How much more depends on how responsible the breeder is. This is not nearly the problem now as it was when fem seeds first started showing up. However, it is still always advisable to buy from a reputable breeder.

Some people want to make crosses and need the males.

Why reg seeds?

Not all strains are available in fem seeds. One of my favorite strains, Satori, only comes in reg seeds, so if I want Satori, I have to buy seeds and sex the plants. I am also running some seeds that were a result of a marijuana crop (Double Bubba) being pollinated by high CBD hemp (Cherry Wine S1). Hoping to get something with a high CBD content, but still enough THC to give you a little buzz. Having to sex these, too.

Fem seeds have more of a propensity to hermy than reg seeds. How much more depends on how responsible the breeder is. This is not nearly the problem now as it was when fem seeds first started showing up. However, it is still always advisable to buy from a reputable breeder.

Some people want to make crosses and need the males.

Thanks for clarifying. As a newbie, looking back now, it seemed like a lot of work taking care of these plants of mine only to find out that most were males, but is was fun nevertheless! Who knows, maybe I will use regular seeds out of necessity for a specific need down the road, as I learn to grow.

Thanks! It turns out that out of 11 plants, I have 3 females...it kind of worked out because of limited growing space. One thing I don’t understand, why do people choose ‘regular’ seeds over feminized? Why take care of males for weeks that will be cut down and removed from the lot?
Dunno the answer of that question. But don't try to understand why people take decisions. Every person has its preference. It's best to check on forums when you are searching for a trustworthy solution. I hope you find this useful.

Dunno the answer of that question. But don't try to understand why people take decisions. Every person has its preference. It's best to check on forums when you are searching for a trustworthy solution. I hope you find this useful.

The Hemp Goddess answered yesterday but thanks for the reply. Yes, this is my ‘go to’ forum.

How are they girls looking? Good luck! Lots of TLC and she might give you lots of THC!

How are they girls looking? Good luck! Lots of TLC and she might give you lots of THC!

I have one in the tent, (this one pictured, which has small buds forming), the others are outside in pots. It’s been a tough first grow, definitely a learning experience. I think I’m getting the hang of it, after joining this forum and reading/ watching videos, etc.

The two new small ones are Gorilla Glue, auto, fem. started from seed in those pots, they seem small for two weeks old but I’m hopeful that I’ll have two healthy plants, (in a 4’ X 2’ ) with a 1200W LED.

P.S. I have a slight dilemma...the one plant in the 3’ X 3’ tent has outgrown it. It’s really close to the 600W LED. I’m contemplating putting it outside with the others, (or in a small greenhouse), but I don’t know if she’ll be able to handle the adjustment to sun light.

Attachments

• 3CAE2E32-50E4-4A3E-BA06-A499E9AC414A.jpeg
    3CAE2E32-50E4-4A3E-BA06-A499E9AC414A.jpeg
    56.1 KB · Views: 57
  • 0924A15A-CE06-48AB-8A1E-26A62DFEDF8D.jpeg
    0924A15A-CE06-48AB-8A1E-26A62DFEDF8D.jpeg
    116.6 KB · Views: 50
  • 68731520-EF8E-4848-827F-B5B84A43B414.jpeg
    68731520-EF8E-4848-827F-B5B84A43B414.jpeg
    63.4 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Looking really good. I also am starting Gorilla Glue, for my second grow. Setup sounds good for your GG, Im sure they'll hit a spurt :D

I'm learning a ton too, having a lot of fun too. You can definitely feel the passion here!

Love the pics!

Latest posts

Back