Newbie here!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trommer- Welcome to MP -- U need to drop those lights down some -- I don't see a problem with them not being autos -- Flip the lights to 12/12 and sex those things -- Then U can root some cuttings and grow them inside if U want and move the mother plants out side to finish --

Good morning - That’s exactly what I did 4 days ago once I found out they were not autos. 12/12 until I can identify gender then out they go to gradually induced sunlight.

No, no, no.....that is not a good idea (and this is not what keef suggested). Either put them in the tent and keep them there or put them outside. You are going to screw them up if you put them into 12/12 light to sex them and then put them back outside in more light. They will go from flowering...then back to veg...and then back to flowering. And as the providence of these seeds seems to be iffy....they could hermy with this kind of treatment.

And as you only have a 3 x 3 tent, I really think that you should put them outside.

No, no, no.....that is not a good idea (and this is not what keef suggested). Either put them in the tent and keep them there or put them outside. You are going to screw them up if you put them into 12/12 light to sex them and then put them back outside in more light. They will go from flowering...then back to veg...and then back to flowering. And as the providence of these seeds seems to be iffy....they could hermy with this kind of treatment.

And as you only have a 3 x 3 tent, I really think that you should put them outside.

That’s what I will do, today. My concern is leaving them outside (potted) during the rain, they’re in pots that will allow drainage, would that be okay, or should I protect them? I do have a 5X5 greenhouse I can put them in as well.

I'd use the greenhouse. You will probably outgrow it, but for now that sounds like the ticket.

I'd use the greenhouse. You will probably outgrow it, but for now that sounds like the ticket.

I’ll continue to keep posting updates.
I must say, this has been a learning experience...my grows can get only better. Thanks!

OK. The (9) plants are in the greenhouse, quite cluttered for now but at least I know what I’m doing with them. I will wait to sex them, hopefully I have a few females in the bunch.

I’m also hoping that these plants will adjust moving from a tent to a greenhouse. The greenhouse right now will receive approximately six hours of sun each day, my main concern was protecting them from rain, (and to make room in the tent for a new run, this time only for plants in a 3 x 3 tent with a 600W LED.. I have the top side vents opened on the greenhouse as to not let it get too hot inside.

Any other info that anyone can share to help my plants stay healthy? I feel emotionally attached to them!

Attachments

• 6EDEBE1A-BC25-4DE0-B956-4307E5B62F7A.jpeg
    6EDEBE1A-BC25-4DE0-B956-4307E5B62F7A.jpeg
    79.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 25BCED3A-9240-4998-AA7B-1442EFDA2DA3.jpeg
    25BCED3A-9240-4998-AA7B-1442EFDA2DA3.jpeg
    98.3 KB · Views: 63
  • 51DA11B4-6FCB-41CA-8C2F-70C566AADF7D.jpeg
    51DA11B4-6FCB-41CA-8C2F-70C566AADF7D.jpeg
    94.4 KB · Views: 71
Trommer listen to The Hemp Goddess on outside growing -- I'm an inside water pharmer -- I would sex them so I don't waste time and space on males - This time of year it's kinda late to do that for an outdoor grow -

I would be happy they are not auto's, but that is just me. Can you put them in the dirt outdoors? We don't get much rain where i live, but we do put up a cover for when the rains come in sept or oct. Mojo for your grow, you have had some good help here. Keep us posted.

Trommer listen to The Hemp Goddess on outside growing -- I'm an inside water pharmer -- I would sex them so I don't waste time and space on males - This time of year it's kinda late to do that for an outdoor grow -

Will do, thanks!

I would be happy they are not auto's, but that is just me. Can you put them in the dirt outdoors? We don't get much rain where i live, but we do put up a cover for when the rains come in sept or oct. Mojo for your grow, you have had some good help here. Keep us posted.

So many knowledgeable, kind people here, I am very grateful! The soil is always very moist, we had an exceptionally wet Spring- right into Summer, without doing a lot of prep work planting in ground really isn’t feasible. Covering the plants really isn’t an option but may become a necessity as the plants grow. Growing, (first timer) is a continuous learning experience for me. Next time, more research!

Trommer, i learn more every year and still dont know enough. Be patient with mistakes, they are your friend. The good news is this is a tough plant and growing is FUN .

Last edited by a moderator:
Trommer, i learn more every year and still dont know enough. Be patient with mistakes, they are your friend. The good news is this is a tough plant and growing is FUN .

I put these poor plants through so much and they’re still thriving. What kind of yield I get is to be seen but if I’m able to produce any worthy flowers, I’d be happy. Each grow will become more productive with experience.

LOL--I have been growing for decades and I still learn new stuff all the time...and I still make mistakes. Like Rosebud says, don't beat yourself up over mistakes, that is how we learn.

Your plants look healthy and happy. While harvest is still a long ways off, if you keep up the good work, you should have something special to show for it. Is your weather such that you will be able to put them outside the greenhouse at some point? Do you have a plan for when they outgrow the greenhouse?

Can you put some kind of fan in the greenhouse?

Hi - My intentions are to try to only have three, maybe four plants in the greenhouse, which still might be a bit crowded depending on how big they grow. I’d like to put the others outside the greenhouse, protected from rain but still able to receive sunlight, which is difficult in my yard.

Once I sex them, I will have a better idea on how to handle things. As always, Thank you!

EDIT: Yes, I will install a fan to keep that air moving.

Last edited:
Your almost there!!! They're getting close to showing you what they are! Nice looking plant!! :):D

66D3C346-9523-4913-9963-09EA93D07C54.jpeg
Your almost there!!! They're getting close to showing you what they are! Nice looking plant!! :):D

Thanks. I was able to sex all the plants; out of 11 plants total, 6 were male - which is to be expected I guess. I have one in my grow tent, the others are outside in pots, (they have since been removed from the greenhouse), because of the possibility of too many people seeing it, didn’t want any problems. I feel bad for putting these plants though what I did but they’re all thriving, whatever yield I get is to be seen...Whatever I get, it will be a success (for me). Next time I know which mistakes to avoid making.

Glad to hear that they are doing well. You have a ways o go so they will still need a lot of care. Did we talk about feeding them?

You will continue to learn (and to make mistakes). So don't expect to have totally mistake free grows--it is are that a grow doesn't have some kind of mistake or misfortune. Fortunately cannabis, especially when vegging, is a very resilient plant and can bounce back from a lot of abuse.

Keep taking good care of them and they will reward you.

Glad to hear that they are doing well. You have a ways o go so they will still need a lot of care. Did we talk about feeding them?

You will continue to learn (and to make mistakes). So don't expect to have totally mistake free grows--it is are that a grow doesn't have some kind of mistake or misfortune. Fortunately cannabis, especially when vegging, is a very resilient plant and can bounce back from a lot of abuse.

Keep taking good care of them and they will reward you.

Thanks! As for feeding. I have been using Fox Farm nutrient trio; Big Bloom, Grow Big & Tiger Bloom although less than suggested on the bottles, it seems to be working.

Edit: I haven’t used Tiger Bloom yet.

Latest posts

Back