Newbie Here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They have only been out the last two days. I’ll move the light a little closer and keep inside

Any idea what can cause this. I’m looking on the forums also. But figured I’d post too. Currently situation is lights an inch or two away (9w led). In a box with plastic top for greenhouse effect. I have a heater blowing in from one side with exhaust out other. Keeping around 80 degrees. I water when I feel the soil is dry. Could this be too much watering, or that these are in line with the heater?

Attachments

• 4479D771-D149-4A85-9C30-0C3DEE51D52F.jpeg
    4479D771-D149-4A85-9C30-0C3DEE51D52F.jpeg
    63.4 KB · Views: 32
I looked online and saw some Large -1200watt LED lights that are around $150. I may have to give that a shot.

Just a thought, but look at the actual watts for that light, it probably isn't even close to the 1200 watts that are advertised. Probably really closer to maybe 300-400 watts.

Gonna go with heater damage. Moving hot dry air over them like that is pretty harsh. Is your ambient room temp that bad? I'd get them out of the box, low to mid 70s will be fine, let them breathe fresh air, and if you need a heater, turn it away from the plants so you don't tank the humidity in their personal space.

Yeah currently location is about 64 at night without heat. I’ll change it up. Is 64 ok for night night? Light stays on 24/7

If you aren't letting the soil sit wet, and it sounds like you aren't, it's not bad. Could be a tad bit warmer; things will grow slower For Sure but it's not dangerously cold. A swing from 65-75 is a pretty common target for folks to use.

Ok. Why I did early on was moved it to the windows inside to get some humidity atleast and it would be in the upper 70s.

It doesn't need a ton of humidity, you end up with a different set of problems, but it also won't do well with the scirocco wind blowing across them. So just find the middle ground and give them plenty of light and moderate water!

New light. Has to be better than the last. I have them in a cooler tight now hoping it will stay a little warmer.

Attachments

• 01AC699E-050F-40D9-A2D8-8D649ACC477B.png
    01AC699E-050F-40D9-A2D8-8D649ACC477B.png
    344.6 KB · Views: 17
How far away is the light from the top of the plants?
Have you thought about a heated mat to try to warm things up?

I'm no expert on leds but I wouldn't go closer than 8 or 9 inches

Depending on how much heat the lights put off, you can get pretty close. My low watt, cheap blurple panels are fine just a couple inches from the sprouts, but my spiderfarmers would fry them. Hold the back of your hand under the lights and feel if it's like ahhhh, or yow.

It is not hot at all. I had to move them into solo cups this morning because I looked today and roots are coming out the bottom of those cardboard starters I had. If I can get a month in the solos from now I can feel better about getting them planted outside. I’m afraid the 40 degree nights will shock the crap out of them.

It is not hot at all. I had to move them into solo cups this morning because I looked today and roots are coming out the bottom of those cardboard starters I had. If I can get a month in the solos from now I can feel better about getting them planted outside. I’m afraid the 40 degree nights will shock the crap out of them.
Yeah I wont even put out my vegetables that cold. Sounds like you have a plan! Just trust the feel of the air around where you want to put their crowns.

Yeah thanks. I hope they handle me switching pots ok. It was a bit of a struggle to transfer them over.

Can't you plant them in a plastic tent outside?
I'll swap you for my heat issues..its 5 to 11 at night and 95F.

Depending on how much heat the lights put off, you can get pretty close. My low watt, cheap blurple panels are fine just a couple inches from the sprouts, but my spiderfarmers would fry them. Hold the back of your hand under the lights and feel if it's like ahhhh, or yow.
Wow..i just did that..and it was ahh..so its ok to be 3 inches away..man that's a crazy PAR reading on my 100W led

Latest posts

Back