newbie in hydro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misskusk

Reaction score
hi, can anyone tell me if you can grow in 2" net pots from seed to harvest? just received my first grow box and it has 9 2" net pots...HELP PLZ

Give it a try. I use the 6inch, but I think I will switch to the big lids. I think that having a bigger net pot, will make the girls more stable. On my last grow, I trimmed all my girls but one. She was a monster! during the last three weeks of flowering, she got so big and heavy one the one side, she tipped over and was getting beat up by my osc fan.

I find it quite hard to take a plant through harvest in 3" net pots and the 3" pots have twice the volume of 2" pots. I think that unless you do a sog and keep them small that you are going to have problems with them falling over.

I use to grow in DWC with 4" net pots. I had problems with the plants tipping over when they got top heavy, just tie them up. As THG said I would try and keep them smaller, if I veg plants for a couple months before flowering they can end up with a main stalk that is almost 2 inches thick.

-SSF-

I find it hard to keep plants small that are grown from seed as they have to go so long before they are mature enough to switch over to flower. when dealing with clones, they are already mature or very near mature, so they can be kept smaller.I would bump up to 5-6inch pots.

My first grow ever. Any and all comments welcomed. O a little info...
3 White Widow in dwc.
5weeks vegginflowering under 150hsp in a micro grow...
bud tent arrives today, going in it and then under 400w cooltube hsp...
PS thanks 2 the hemp goddess. love the cooltube..

my pictures 086.jpg

my pictures 092.jpg

Hushpuppy, I so want to try cloning! Just getting my feet wet with my first ever grow. Looking at the DYI cloners and I'm gonna give it a try.

:holysheep:
SensiStarFan said:
I use to grow in DWC with 4" net pots. I had problems with the plants tipping over when they got top heavy, just tie them up. As THG said I would try and keep them smaller, if I veg plants for a couple months before flowering they can end up with a main stalk that is almost 2 inches thick.

-SSF-

yep gonna have t tie them up. starting to tip and just 2 days into flower.

misskusk said:
Hushpuppy, I so want to try cloning! Just getting my feet wet with my first ever grow. Looking at the DYI cloners and I'm gonna give it a try.
:) That sounds good. Those kids look real good...I'm not sure but they look a little on the dark green side which can be an early sign of overfertilization. What and how much are yu feeding them?

If yu want to, clone yu need to take yu a few cuttings b4 yu switch to flower (or within the first 7-10 days after switch). I'm not sure how much yu know about it but all yu have to do is look at the lower branches of the plants and clip (however many clones yu want) the bottom few branches that are smaller than the rest that are shooting up toward the light. cut all but the top couple of leaves of each cutting (leave the stem a few inches long) and pop'em in the cloner. If yu don't have any cloning gel, yu will need to get some b4 cutting clones, as that is key to making the cuttings root.:) if yu need anymore info a lot of us here have good luck and methods for cloning so just ask :)

Hushpuppy said:
:) That sounds good. Those kids look real good...I'm not sure but they look a little on the dark green side which can be an early sign of overfertilization. What and how much are yu feeding them?

If yu want to, clone yu need to take yu a few cuttings b4 yu switch to flower (or within the first 7-10 days after switch). I'm not sure how much yu know about it but all yu have to do is look at the lower branches of the plants and clip (however many clones yu want) the bottom few branches that are smaller than the rest that are shooting up toward the light. cut all but the top couple of leaves of each cutting (leave the stem a few inches long) and pop'em in the cloner. If yu don't have any cloning gel, yu will need to get some b4 cutting clones, as that is key to making the cuttings root.:) if yu need anymore info a lot of us here have good luck and methods for cloning so just ask :)
I think that may be the lighting. I have been going soooo light on the nutes. I have never given them full strength. I'm using GH floraduo. the ppms have been at 800-1100 and the ph 5.5-6.1 and I have used phd RO water from the start...Thank you for the input and I will sure ask when I'm brave enough to start to clone. More pics coming soon :)

It sounds like yu have it dialed in then. Yeah it must be the light, just watch for the tips of the leaves starting to turn brown and curling a bit, that will be the next sign, but yer numbers sound good so keep on rockin. big bud mojo

Thanks hushpuppy. I've been reading post on this site for the last 3 months trying to learn about the amazing world of hydroponics. :)

misskusk said:
I think that may be the lighting. I have been going soooo light on the nutes. I have never given them full strength. I'm using GH floraduo. the ppms have been at 800-1100 and the ph 5.5-6.1 and I have used phd RO water from the start...Thank you for the input and I will sure ask when I'm brave enough to start to clone. More pics coming soon :)

GH floraduo? What is GH floraduo? I use GH nutes and have never heard of floraduo?

If you are using R/O water with GH 3 part, there is no reason to pH the water. GH 3 part has buffers in their nutes to adjust the pH to the correct pH.

Doesn't RO'd water also sometimes require you to run a Cal/Mag supplement? I know when I hve run hydro (which is rare lol) both times I suffered Cal/mag deficiencies and needed to add it to my Rez.

Those plants look hella healthy though....I see nothing to worry about at this point. Nice job.

That has been my experience also HL. I run Cal/Mg from Botanicare when using R/O

HL,
I have been using GH nutes this current run and doing it the Lucus formula away.
as you know i harvested the 1st girl @ 9 weeks, and currently still have 3 testers still going.
I is now at 10.5 weeks of flower, and the other 3 are @ 5 weeks into flower.
I use ro water, and not 1 drop of Cal/mag this grow.
I do however use Kool Bloom in flower tho.. does Kool Bloom have cal/mag in it that i am unaware of?

HushPuppy, looking Great!

The Hemp Goddess said:
GH floraduo? What is GH floraduo? I use GH nutes and have never heard of floraduo?

I got it at worms way.
Grow or part A is 5-0-6
Bloom or part B is 1-5-4
I've been going sooo light dont want to mess anything up. They look good and smell amazing... I live alone ;)

Not quite one week in 12/12. having trouble with the ph dropping. at 8am it will be 5.8 at 3pm it will be 5.1. Im using ro h2o and the ppms are at 850. any ideas?

090.jpg

Latest posts

Back