Newbie introduction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bacchus

Reaction score
Hello all, great to be part of the forum. I’m a first time grower that hopes to be growing for a long time. It’s an amazing plant. Anyway, like most, I’m sure, I joined the forum for a sense of community and some advice. I am 3 weeks into flower and , although the girls seem to be coming along fine, the purple color on some of the fan leaves is causing me a little concern. I feed them 1/2 strength tiger bloom and big bloom every other watering. Grow tent is 50% humidity 78 degrees during the day and 62% 68 degrees at night. Most stuff I find online points to a phosphorus deficit. I have attached a few pics. Any opinions or advice is appreciated.
cheers

Attachments

• 49FE9C69-AE84-4B5A-8607-CD421ED7D050.jpeg
    49FE9C69-AE84-4B5A-8607-CD421ED7D050.jpeg
    76.4 KB · Views: 18
  • D44C7E3C-4D38-4841-8AD1-F1D1EDDEAE61.jpeg
    D44C7E3C-4D38-4841-8AD1-F1D1EDDEAE61.jpeg
    109 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0807.MOV
    2.4 MB
Welcome Bacchus. Like leafminer said you are growing one of the purps. Normal. Roster why cal/mag....I don't see it. Is it true you put cal/mag on your fruit loops?

Have fun Bacchus. Good looking plants.

Thanks for all the responses and the generous welcome. Looking forward to learning from all the knowledge out there and hopefully paying it forward someday to aid others.
cheers

OMG. Anyway... the plants look pretty nice. What kind of medium are you using? Soil or soilless? We could have a more informed view if you tell us what strandivar this is. Hard to tell in the photos but are the stalks dark/purple too? It reminds me of some Blue Mystic I grew a long time ago.
On second thoughts though... again, hard to tell, but the lower fans look full green still. If they are, then yes, I'd suspect a developing deficiency. There is somewhere on this site a chart or set of images of deficiency problems. Or there used to be. It wouldn't hurt to take a look.

I am growing in soil, Ocean forest. Some of the stalks a purple , but not too many. Of the two in the tent, one is Sluricane and the other is Mac #4. The lower fan leaves show a little nitrogen deficiency, but no purpling like the upper leaves. The sluricane is more prolific and the one showing the most purple on top. It’s strange because, I really low stressed trained the sluricane and it is very stretched out, some tops are very purple and some are super healthy and green, same plant.

Full disclosure: 3x3 tent, 2 1500W led lights, 4” in-line fan and a oscillating fan. 2 plants each in 3 gallon fabric pots. I started with a humidifier which , since flowering I have removed and now am fighting to keep humidity under 60% at night.

All that physical stress introduces a new variable into the system. Insufficient height for a natural grow?

I have been happy with the soil so far, I didn’t add nutrients for the first 2 months, after that FF tiger and big bloom every other watering. I think next grow I will add some perlite for better drainage.

Perlite works really well. I always use it when I'm mixing soil. Perlite for drainage, peat or coco for mosture retention and texture.

Latest posts

Back