Newbie looking for simple help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cire867

Reaction score
Ok.. this is my first time getting this far in growing
heres what my procedure is everyday

1. wake up check the plants water the dry ones.
2. befor school set the plants outside in the sunlight * in an un-noticeable place*
3.they sit in the sun from maby... umm 9:00 am to 7:30 pm
4. at night i bring them in and put them under a HPS bulb
5.they sit under the Hps bulb till the next morning at 9:00
and repete

6. whenever the ends of the leaves are brown and dead i trim them
7.im useing Naturize Bio-charged potting soil

is there anything else i can do to make my plants grow faster or am i doing anything wrong?

thank you for your help

- cire

Leave them under the HPS 24 hrs. or 18 hours on and 6 hours off. bringing them inside and out is not good. Its putting a lot of stress on the plant. IMO

Good rule to watering. Stick your finger in the top of the soil about 2" deep if thats dry its a good time to water. It is always better to underwater than overwater. Easier to fix. ;)

cool.. thanks mutt
ill have more questions as time goes...
umm... another one... is there a natural way to make the stem on my plant larger
not like huge but some of my plants have weak stemsa and fall over

if the leaves are dying dont cut them they will fall of

Sounds like they are stretching. How far away is the light?

Also they probably need a fan on em. We need to know your grow set-up. Before we can help.

ahh its about a 5x10 closet
and the light is err gimmie a sec need to find a measuring tape
ehh im determaning a foot and a half 2 foot
i have 8 plants all in seperate pots
with one hps bulb
and im sure the fan must be on low

mutt do u have aim or yahoo this would be so much simpler
or im me
aim= cire867
yahoo= cire_cota

*thanks for all your help*

I would drop the HPS to about 1'. Then have the fan blowing a gentle but good breeze across the plants.

Can you post a pic of the plants?

keep the hps and scratch the outdoors. when they're budding your not gonna wanna move them or change thier light. I'm sure thier fine.

Don't trim the dead/sick leaves. they will drop off. even sick leaves tak in light and co2. And it sound like ur plants are reaching for the light. move the light closer and put a steady fan on them. the breeze will act like wind in its natural environment and it will strengthen the stems.

ahh man
i have no clue what wattage the light is.. its like a 1 foot hps bulb in a normal fish aquarium light
i will have a pick in like 2 days
and the plants are about 4 weeks old and there about 3 or 4 inches tall apeace
only one of them is streached... but im sure it will be fine

If it's in a fish aquarium light it's not an HPS, sounds like a flouro, hence the stretching?

Does it have a ballast? Wierd, I've never heard of them, are they cheap? Look at the bulb, it should tell you what wattage it is.

Latest posts

Back