Newbie starting a closet grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8 bulb so 40000 lumens? I was more surprised by the lack of weight under the 1k HPS.

I grow indoors because its illegal to grow here. I would oove to see how they do outdoors.

i'll be interested in the autoes i bought some but i ended up trading them for something eles i was ready to try them and i still am going to some day soon they are just as good as photoes mybe not as big du but they are very interesting to grow my friend grew some and they were great so i'm with a new thread about autoes 888

photos are actually better. I scrog what photos I have just casue I grow inside and don't have the height most photos need. I have gotten up to 8 ounces scrog style in 4 months. I got really impressed with the autos cause they are so easy to grow and given the time frame the yields are not to bad and you reaqlly don't do anything but raise the lights and water, but after a few grows it gets kinda boring so after I grow these last 12 beans gonna get back into my scrog. maybe just grow a few at a time for fun with my scrog veg area.

The reason everyone says autos suck....is because they do...somewhat..IMO...we had an Auto competition(friendly) on another site..(30 auto growers?)(all seeds came from reputable breeders)....Most of the growers failed miserably, as they were not consistent in any way , shape or form....Most people ended up with a 14" plant and 1/4 oz of dry weed when the smoke cleared,...was pathetic.....I'm talking experienced photo growers who have been growing for 40 yrs......Although...there was one girl that loved auto's and killed it with them...but she only showed the successes! :) Everyone has seen the think different once in a lifetime auto video....lol Cheers!

Everyone that I ever see trying to grow auto's....I say....."Just Grow 12\12 From seed bro"! :)

I never understood it either.....why grow them inside? Your not saving hydro(using more), and they flower by themselves?...:)
My mentor hates Ruderalis...says they mess up everthing!! Once they get mixed in! All the genetics will be F@##cked! :)

Hi, I am looking to start a small autogrow and want to go cheap, yet efficient. I like mainly Sativa strains, or hybrids that are sativa dominant.
I'm looking forward to learning all about autoflower plants.

hi K2 :)

just wanted to share my opinion, that in the many plants that I have grown , my 'least' impressive plants, in terms of potency and yield, have been auto flowering plants.

I too have grown 12/12 from seed, only once but with 6+varieties, and the 12/12 had consistently strong potency where as the autos just lacked in my opinion. I think Ive flowered 5 diff auto varieties. Anyway wanted you to know.

Personally, I'd recommend starting your plants from seed and vegging your plants for at least 4 weeks after the first true set of leaves has opened. Ideally you'd wait a likely 6-7 weeks total from seed, growing vegetatively(sp), and the plants WILL then reveal their gender by exhibiting a pre-flower of either male of female gender.... It is in my opinion the ideal time to induce flowering, 'after' the plant has revealed its gender. When I have done this, the end product seems to always be superior!

Again, this is all just my experience brothers and sisters ;)

good luck in whatever you grow, and I too would endorse the satori!

cheers :)

mmm I will say I think everybody is being really rough on autos, but I know saying that will just get me jumped on so hey bro if you want to pm me feel free and we can talk :)

hi K2 :)

just wanted to share my opinion, that in the many plants that I have grown , my 'least' impressive plants, in terms of potency and yield, have been auto flowering plants.

I too have grown 12/12 from seed, only once but with 6+varieties, and the 12/12 had consistently strong potency where as the autos just lacked in my opinion. I think Ive flowered 5 diff auto varieties. Anyway wanted you to know.

Personally, I'd recommend starting your plants from seed and vegging your plants for at least 4 weeks after the first true set of leaves has opened. Ideally you'd wait a likely 6-7 weeks total from seed, growing vegetatively(sp), and the plants WILL then reveal their gender by exhibiting a pre-flower of either male of female gender.... It is in my opinion the ideal time to induce flowering, 'after' the plant has revealed its gender. When I have done this, the end product seems to always be superior!

Again, this is all just my experience brothers and sisters ;)

good luck in whatever you grow, and I too would endorse the satori!

cheers :)

I have re read this post 3 times...and I still don't understand dances? It doesn't make sense to me? Veg till pre flowers? huh? Im sorry.....this dude was asking about auto's? Did you just advise him too grow photo's? Im confused? lol

? "It is in my opinion the ideal time to induce flowering, 'after' the plant has revealed its gender. When I have done this, the end product seems to always be superior"!

Am I missing something? :) Thanks guys and gals! :)

yes i dis advise him to grow reg photos and not autos.

How could you be confused if you read it three times!? :)

peace

With my Canadian MMJ plants.....I have too turn my light too 12\12, too find out if they are girls or boys? :) They don't show me on 18/6.......or 24/0....on that light cycle they are just pot plants.....I'm not trying to start anything bro.....just asking? :)

.we had an Auto competition(friendly) on another site..(30 auto growers?)(all seeds came from reputable breeders)....Most of the growers failed miserably, Most people ended up with a 14" plant and 1/4 oz of dry weed when the smoke cleared,...was pathetic.....I'm talking experienced photo growers who have been growing for 40 yrs......Although...there was one girl that loved auto's and killed it with them...but she only showed the successes! :)
we had a auto party cup contest at the auto sub forum in the " tool shed "

and were pulling 1/4 oz from party cups i think the max was a 1/2 oz or a little over mine was almost 3'
you say experienced growers but in reality you mean experienced at growing photo's

the girl that loved auto's killed it because she actually understands how to grow them

your avatar is the same on the site im talking about just check out the party cup contest

and they grow them indoors for stealth reasons
and the indoor product is far superior to outdoor
i honestly pull more from 24/0 then i do from a auto outside

these are the baby's i have been working with
they are vegging until preflower to be culled for sex and males moved to my other room
kc45 (auto) x positronics purple haze #1
they are all very uniform other then size
i have a few others in there as well all are only a few weeks old
big containers are afghan kush ryder which will be done by the time the crosses are done vegging and ready to flip
vegging for 3 months so i can clone them
also have a shoreline , jack daddy purp , kosher kush x umm i honestly dont remember
so auto's have a purpose in this grow
and i cant say how messed up the purple haze cross is they all seem to be acting the same smell and leaf shape is all pretty much the same , growth rate etc etc

View attachment IMG354.jpg

View attachment IMG348.jpg

View attachment IMG349.jpg

View attachment IMG344.jpg

While autos have "gotten better", I also believe that they still fall far short of what you can get from a photoperiod plant in both quality and quantity. This is not taken from an antiquated thread, but from my actual experience with them. For me, it simply is not worth the 10-14 weeks they take to finish to get the yield and potency that you get from photoperiod. Auto do have their niche, but IMO any time you cross things that affects the potency/yield in a negative way, it is a step backwards in cannabis "evolution". So while you can breed some of the ditch weed out of it, you are never going to be able to breed it entirely out or you lose the auto part of the plant. Even today, there are many autos that "just don't auto"--when this happens, it makes me think very poorly of the breeder (kind of like fems that aren't fems). The thought of auto fems actually makes me cringe.

I have found very very few people who started out with autos and then went to photoperiod plants ever go back to autos (I'm sure they are out there, but I don't know any). About the same turnaround can be achieved with clones. Once you know how to clone, you need never buy another seed unless you want to try different strains. With autos, you are either forced to become a pollen chucker or buy seed with every grow.

With that being said, hippy, I would also love to see the Auto section updated. We realize that things like this take time, so take your time and PM any or all of the mods and we will get the section updated. Forums are always as work in progress. Thanks for offering to contribute.

Now let's get on with helping K2 and stop this silly bickering.

There are a lot of people getting 4-6 ounces from "think different" auto, some are getting a half pound. I may try some outdoor next year could be fun.
Interesting stuff would love to see a half pound auto dry in reality terms that would mean that the plant had 2 pounds wet on it HAHAHA
umm ok now if it was like 120 days grown outside maybe but unlikely
remember most of the people selling or trying to get into the weed business would sell there first born do anything to make it sell

With my Canadian MMJ plants.....I have too turn my light too 12\12, too find out if they are girls or boys? :) They don't show me on 18/6.......or 24/0....on that light cycle they are just pot plants.....I'm not trying to start anything bro.....just asking? :)

How long do you veg your plants? Maybe you are just not vegging long enough. Some strains take longer to show sex/preflowers than others, but all should eventually if kept in veg long enough. I don't believe that whether they are Canadian or not makes any difference in the time to preflowers.

How long do you veg your plants? Maybe you are just not vegging long enough. Some strains take longer to show sex/preflowers than others, but all should eventually if kept in veg long enough. I don't believe that whether they are Canadian or not makes any difference in the time to preflowers.
a couple of my positronic beans wouldnt preflower vegg'd my haze for 7 months
only reason i knew it was female is because a buddy flowered a clone outside well of course it was a fem

LOL....Hemp....it was a joke...like Canadian seeds are different from any others??? lol..and WhoTF has time too veg their plants 2 months....great that's 3 harvests a yr....WHohooooooo!! lol.....I think if you veg a plant for 7 months.....its your mother plant. :)

And if you throw 30 LONG TIME growers at a Ruderalis(smaller site, real info, unlike RIU you referred too)....and they all laugh at what they get....and move on.....its a waste of time. TO ME of Course!!!! :) But you tell me...."They didn't know RUDERALIS" lol These things grow through cracks in the sidewalk bro! :) I said...."she didn't show her shortcomings(failed plants)....all she showed were her successes. So of course its going to "LOOK" like she's an Auto god! :)

We were going to do a "party cup" competition.....till everyone got a clue, and decided we don't want to waste a $10 seed on a half zip! lol Just didn't make sense to us! :)

It doesntmatter what you say on here...you could tell someone that there hair was on fire....when it was, and they would not believe you...for reasons of stubbornness, fear, whatever the reason may be....if you state something on here....there will be some dude, "piping up", saying no, I disagree.....its like peoples beliefs wont let them take in any info that is not "EXACTLY" what they think! :) lol I find it amusing a lot of the time...Its like people cut their nose off....too spite their face"....you know? They cannot take in any info that doesn't jive with what they have been misinformed or their daddy told them something that was wrong all along....lol Moral of the story....keep your ears open and listen, actually hear what that person is saying....and only then make a decision on what you think is true.....AFTER YOU TRY IT! :)

99% of the people here have gave their opinion on autos......99% didn't have good experience...but there will be that one or 2 guys that tells you....YOU Got It All WRONG! lol Like actual facts and their own experience don't matter? IDK?

Bottom line...it helps no one......:)

To the Op, k2c3po, would you consider growing for your first time with reg seeds vs autos?

peace

LOL....Hemp....it was a joke...like Canadian seeds are different from any others??? lol..and WhoTF has time too veg their plants 2 months....great that's 3 harvests a yr....WHohooooooo!! lol.....I think if you veg a plant for 7 months.....its your mother plant. :)

And if you throw 30 LONG TIME growers at a Ruderalis(smaller site, real info, unlike RIU you referred too)....and they all laugh at what they get....and move on.....its a waste of time. TO ME of Course!!!! :) But you tell me...."They didn't know RUDERALIS" lol These things grow through cracks in the sidewalk bro! :) I said...."she didn't show her shortcomings(failed plants)....all she showed were her successes. So of course its going to "LOOK" like she's an Auto god! :)

We were going to do a "party cup" competition.....till everyone got a clue, and decided we don't want to waste a $10 seed on a half zip! lol Just didn't make sense to us! :)
lol 2 month veg is too long for you >.<
pics are from a 7 month
ya im sure no one on RIU is posting real info :rolleyes: then why are you all over it ......
lol $10 seed's >.< if your that broke bro we can start a collection for you
pass the hat around so too speak

View attachment 2013-10-31 23.21.59.jpg

View attachment 2013-11-13 19.15.55.jpg

View attachment 2013-11-20 18.34.52.jpg

thank you all for all your good advice, I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner. STill haven't decided what to plant. Decided to look before I leap because I need to set up a starter grow spot.

Latest posts

Back