Newbie tent grow!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so I am just wondering if I am on the right track with all this plant training I am attempting to do. I am going to post some pics.....

My plan is to get the canopy as even and flat as I possibly can with stakes and garden ties and then place a screen an inch or two above it and let the plant grow to the screen rather then me trying to force the screen as low as I can get it. I am going to build a screen out of wood, nails and string. Its basically going to look like a basic square four legged table but with a screen as the table top. The reason I am building it like that is to support the screen rather then the plant support the screen and to also act as a tie down to deal with stretch. Also wondering how long do I wait to flip to flower. If I flip now would I get a bunch of good kolas? Just want some feed back from experienced eyes

View attachment 20140826_234114.jpg

View attachment 20140826_234153.jpg

View attachment 20140826_234203.jpg

Just wanted to shoot an update.... A little under a week ago I put some Espoma farms soil acidifier around the drip line. It was 1.5 tsp. I know that isnt alot compared to the planter size. The soil meter that I have says it's like 7.5 pH. I need to get it down to below 7. Im gonna add another 1.5 tsp and work it into the drip line again and see if that brings it down. The previous application isn't bring it down I think I just didn't add enough...... Also the canopy is filling it quite nicely. I do how ever have some bad news.... Just found the dreaded spider mites... I have to spend and good 10 15 min looking for it to see them but they are there..... Very small infestation.... Already done an application of neem oil. I also trapped a few ladie bugs and put them in there. Thinking about going the insecticide route but trying to avoid that.... Any thoughts would be appreciated....... Ok here are some images. I also don't know if I need to use the scrog.... I've got a pretty even canopy.... View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1409534362846.jpgView attachment uploadfromtaptalk1409534373602.jpgView attachment uploadfromtaptalk1409534394930.jpg

If you are measuring soil pH with one of those "stick in the dirt" models, it might not be accurate.

As long as what you are watering with is a good pH you are probably OK. You can measure the runoff if you like.

What are those 2 black things?

Cool. I love the electronic toys so I was curious. LOL

Ya know I'm thinking about something.... I'm putting alot of faith in a 15 dollar soil meter..... Screw that....

update.......did what I did last time, mixed in a table spoon of lime into the top layer of soil and plant seems to be getting better with the purple streaking, lesson learned, dont listen to cheap soil meters......alright here are some pics I am going to flip to a 12 12 cycle with in the week.......here are some pics

View attachment 20140908_034505.jpg

View attachment 20140908_034431.jpg

View attachment 20140908_034409.jpg

View attachment 20140908_034300.jpg

View attachment 20140908_034250.jpg

View attachment 20140908_034224.jpg

View attachment 20140908_034201.jpg

View attachment 20140908_034100.jpg

View attachment 20140908_034019.jpg

View attachment 20140908_033959.jpg

Looking good to me! Boy she is growing into quite a nice plant isn't she? Green mojo for a bountiful harvest.

Looks good farmer! That's good you learned not to trust soil probes. Quality digital pH meters are the way to go. Green mojo!

Coming along nicely Farmer, good luck the rest of the way.

Yeah on that type of grow, you will get the lower leaf die off as they go further into flower. Whenever I do scrog, I get a lot of leaf death below the canopy. I agree that it is the lack of light. Its almost like the plant recognizes that those leaves aren't getting enough light to be worth keeping so they pull the nutrients out off them and then drop them.

Now the trichs are growing, and the buds will begin swelling...... A very exciting time indeed :)

Latest posts

Back