Newbie tent grow!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look as far as genetics is concerned the seeds they came from the white.....now the reason the white was seeded was from a little pollen slip up....now what pollinated the white I don't know...so it's the white or the white crossed with something else.....that's what I was told..

Oh and the whole humidity level below 40 percent was from a few websites that said to keep it below 40 percent due to mold and bud rot and also said that keeping humidity real low like 20 percent low would increase resin production......don't know why.....I'm sure if you Google humidity level for flowering cannabis you'll get the same sites I saw.......

With summer basically here.....and temps are 80s and 90s right now in my neck of the country I am wondering what the max temp in my tent should be.....I know ideal is upper to.mid 70s and a bit cooler during the light off phase but it's hard to keep temps at that level......I freak out when it hits 80 and turn my dimmable ballast down from 600 to 450 watts I can go down to 300 watts but would rather not......I want ad much light as possible. ....is it really that bad to go above 80 if not then how much hotter can it get.....where the strains come from it gets hotter that mid 80s I'm sure.....use wondering guys

I have just started to germinate 1 albertwalker, 1 dank sinatra, and 3 blueberrycream seeds. I am a month give or take a week or two from being done with flowering my current grow. I would like to keep the seeds that i just started to germinate inside until the second set or maybe the third set of leaves form. I then would like to put them outside. I would like to keep them outside until I can take some cuttings from them to determine sex. After I determine which are females, I would like to move them back inside. Is that a viable option? Only reason I want to move them outside is because my tent is full and dont have any space.

I would like to keep them outside until I can take some cuttings from them to determine sex. After I determine which are females, I would like to move them back inside. Is that a viable option? Only reason I want to move them outside is because my tent is full and dont have any space.

Not sure what area of the country you are in, but I always advise against going outside to back in.

Two main reasons:
1. Bugs
2. Lighting schedule is not 24/7.

If you can grow them outside, I'd fly that way.

I can't grow outside.....If the only concern is bugs and lighting I can mimic the lighting like 14 on and 12 off for few days then 16 on and 8 off for a few days then 18 and 6 then 24 hours on......should be able to get them on a 24 hour on cycle in 10 days or so......With bugs I'm fairly confident I can deal with them.......my family has been in the garden business for all there life's in one form or another so I know the tricks to get rid of the major pests and I would probably introduce lady bugs when I being them in just to be safe well that and a good neem oil misting

The pests that you can bring in from outside are generally nasty pests to eradicate--=not your normal outdoor critters. Spider mites for example laugh at neem oil and frolic with the lady bugs.

I am also thinking that your plan is going to be hard on the plants--changing the light schedule up like that and then reverting back...and while you can get them back on a 24/0 schedule in 10 days, I think it will take a lot longer than 10 days to get them back to any kind of normal vegging.

Hmm....well I thought lady bugs eat spider mites and have successfully treated vegetables with spider mites by using neem oil.......I'll be I probably did not eradicate but I know I got enough to stop the damage and let the plant rebuild....was probably just keeping them on check......well that's it.....guess I'll have to figure something else out.....maybe a modify a rubber maid or something

Alright I have a run away branch, its like 3 or 4 inches taller then the rest and nothing really to tie it down to. It keeps hitting the light I try to keep it on the cooler side of the light in one of the corners so its being held down my the coolest corner of the light but still I know its far from ideal.........any ideas.....I can bend it I guess but I dont want to stress it out too much. I just did there 3 week flush......figured it was time to get rid of the excess salts because fox farms is a heavy salt based nute.......I will post pics up in a bit.....dont have the time right now.....just checking in........

Forgot to describe my flushing......hope its right.....
I have them in 2 gallon pots so I figured on 2 to 3 times there size in water should be good.
Meaning 2 gallon pot......5 to 6 gallon flush......
I chose to do 5 gallon. I also used 2 tsp of sledge hammer per gallon as the directions said to. So 10 tsp per 5 gallon bucket. I used that with warmish water so I wouldnt shock them. I poured everything very slowly and it took about an hour and a half to finish flushing 4 plants. So hope that was a good technique. Thanks guys......I am stealing this and using it to because its dope........GREENEST OF MOJO.......

Alright here are some update photos they are day 21 or 22 around there......here ya go...tell me what you guys think.....oh yeah after the flush...I know have two runaway branches......damn things.....almost as tall as me chest level......they need to settle down and put all the growth into the flowers......anyways here they are.....

View attachment 20140522_030828.jpg

View attachment 20140522_030839.jpg

View attachment 20140522_030852.jpg

View attachment 20140523_042333.jpg

View attachment 20140523_042400.jpg

View attachment 20140523_042416.jpg

View attachment 20140523_042434.jpg

View attachment 20140523_042447.jpg

View attachment 20140523_042501.jpg

View attachment 20140523_042525.jpg

View attachment 20140523_042540.jpg

View attachment 20140523_042612.jpg

View attachment 20140523_042621.jpg

I have been reading and researching a perpetual grow. How hard is it to try and get your plants to revert back to vegging after harvest. Obviously you dont cut the plant down completely when harvesting. What is the process you use to get the plant to start growing again. How much can you cut during harvest as to take all the medicine and leave enough for the plant to use to regenerate it self? I would really like another crack at these plants. With the knowledge I have now I know I an get more tops and crop them way better. It would also save a lot of time as I would know what sex the plants are and they would already be mature......

Change the light cycle back to 24/7 (or 18/6, whatever you use to veg) and the plants will start to regenerate.

I did it a couple times and it worked OK. The second crop comes up a little bushy but I was growing a wild sativa. I cut mine way back. Down to the last couple branches. It sprouted just like topping (from each branch).

You have to leave enough bud sites and leaves to reveg. If you dont feed late into flower it makes it harder.

I have revegged single plants over 10 times and the best way is to transplant after chop...leave foilage . Let sit in dark a cpl days and restart w feed on 24/0.

oh i forgot to mention......a day or so ago I went to check on them and noticed the light wasnt coming on.....checked all the wires and connections and the timer all were fine......took the lens off the hood and discovered the bulb was busted after being on a total of 21 full days(it was one of the bulbs that came with it) I cant get another hps bulb right now, so I was forced to switch back to my enhanced digilux mh bulb which kind of sucks but oh well, gotta roll with the punches......lesson learned as soon as I can I will get new bulbs and spares.....I am on day 45 so I should be harvesting in a couple of weeks anyway I am just amazed I got this far and they look wonderful

Judging by the pics I would say you have at least 3 to 4 more weeks to go minimum. Most strains seem to go closer to 70 days, but they are looking real nice.

Thanks for the compliment man.....I WOULD NEVER HAVE GOTTEN THIS FAR WITH OUT YOU GUYS(You know who you are) BIGGEST PROPS AND THANKS I CAN GIVE. I doubt that I will be able to give them another 3 weeks......I am hoping to be able to give them 2 more weeks, this is my first indoor grow so I didnt know what to expect with stretch. I litterally can not give them anymore room to grow I have the light attached directly to the support rods and have even by passed the ratchet holders to gain an addition few inches.....they are like 5 or 6 inches from the light and once they all start to hit the light....thats it......just figured 2 months of flowering would of been good enough.....guess not.....oh well you live and learn.....

Latest posts

Back