Newly Sprouted for a Newbie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marrymirror1

Reaction score
My plants have just sprouted and are about one inch high. I have a fan at the back of my grow system. Should I keep the fan on or turn it off until they estabish their stems better? It's a soft breeze nothing invasive. I have a photo attached to this thread!
Thank you guys!
70_1_bl.JPG

as long as its a gentle breeze and the plants aren't being pushed over it should be fine... but really, i don't think it needs to be on unless it gets too hot in there...

Without the fan on it gets around 95 in there. Or maybe my temp gauge is wrong.

holy cow... definitly keep the fan on... you don't want to be above 95 ever... let alone 90. my room is always between the upper 70s during the day and the upper 60s at night.

if they just sprouted you dont need them in the system yet... you need to wait till they get a good root structure on them before they are put in the ponic system...

it also looks as if you have an HPS bulb in there... untill you start flowing you want more of a blue spectrum... ie a metal halide bulb. This should give you more females.

What will keep them nurished if I don't have them in the system? I germaniated them before I put them in the system and they've grown in there. One of them has a purty sturdy stem stickig up. That may be because I surrounded them with rockwool around the base.

idk what you heave them growing in, but with my clones and freshly germinated seeds I put them in 1" rockwool cubes in a humidity dome and I keep the temp in the low 70s with very high humidity. I dont give them any nutes for the first 3 weeks or so.. all I do is keep the cubes moist. Then When I see plenty of root popping through the bottom of the cube they go into the ponic system.

I have them growing in the system that I have pictured above in a previous post. I am using B.C Boost and B.C. Grow. It's a dripper system that supplies nuts to the planters and rockwool.

well if they just have a tap root then they dont need any nutes yet. Just go with it then and see what happens... I just told you how I do it and how I was taught that's all. GL

Latest posts

Back