Next Grow...gaining experience and loving it!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These babies were germinated in straight perlite then transplanted to soil. The tap roots were like 4" long...stong plants
IMG_20191205_001111133.jpg

So, could you share the method you used and any other helpful info?

So, could you share the method you used and any other helpful info?
Hello Airspree, I would be glad to share. Simply, place perlite media in solo shot cups(found at Dollar tree, you'll have to burn holes in em) or jiffy pots. Place pots/Solo cups in tray. Soak each pot, make hole, place seed and lightly cover. Keep tray with maybe 1/8-1/4" water at all times, in a few days you're seeds will sprout.
IMG_20191122_210109158.jpg

Next, the important part, make sure perlite is wet. Now carefully squeeze container lightly to break up perlite to loosen seedling and roots. Now carefully pull out and transplant into soil. I also do this with clones.

Nice and frosty. Good work
Thanks Lesso! I gave them plenty of TLC! Packed full of goodness ;)Only thing I hate about harvest is watching the buds loose all that moisture weight, LoL.

Looking good!

Are you feeding with plain water and letting the plants fan leaves yellow before you harvest?

If not I would recommend it.

Love the clean setup.

Thanks TOA! I have been feeding with Organic Nutes up until about the week I am harvesting. And yes, generally speaking at the time of harvest they are yellowed.

I spend one day of the week cleaning things, thank you for noticing!:D

Reactions: TOA
Hello Everyone! Merry Christmas!

So I wanted to give an update to everyone! Things have been going, been busy trying to prepare for the holidays.

The last harvest was great! The only thing I might admit that wasn't better was the yield. That was however, on my part I did choose to see how my girls would do with little to no nutes and they did well but I did end up providing them some about the last 3 weeks of the flowering. I must say, big big difference from my last grows! It was important for me to get a feel on the soil I have been making and I must say I was almost right on for the nutes going from clone to harvest without the nutes. That being said I will say that even with the great soil, its just a good practice to give your plants some "Sweets" than just the meat and potatoes they are used to throughout the grow!

I have made some changes for the next grows, since I am trying to move to a 14day perpetual harvest I have had to adjust some things........

Last edited:
Since I have decided to make these changes, moving process for perpetual, it really points to some pivotable moments through the process of my grow that really require everything to be on time and in place! If not I miss my marks every two weeks....
As you all know I have my mother plants and cloning area, the moms have been doing great and really need some pruning as they are getting really bushy with some good viable clones! I have however, been experiancing some issuse with my cloning setup in perlite!

Perlite cloning update- I have had some issues here. With only the perlite and trays for water wicking the perlite works great to pull the water however, with the evaporation rate I have right now in the tent for the clone trays I am watering in the tray only every other day and thats way too much for these cuttings. Its washing the rooting agent to the bottom of the perlite in the cups. Now at this point, I needed to get the moisture to stay with the clippings a little longer and have recently decided that a 50/50 mix of perlite and peat moss will suit my situation better.

Now I just made these changes and will have to give you guys an update on the process, I can say though with the perlite from the time cutting was taken and placed into the perlite. These things look healthy all the way up to the point where you ready to take a look at the roots and see well, they just didn't have them, my last two flushes of cuttings...ugh. I really wanted to do a vermiculite and perlite mix instead of peat moss, but I am still a budget grower and needed to use up the peat moss that I had and couldn't find vermiculite right now.

Happy New year MP friends! Hopefully everyone had a safe and enjoyable holiday.

Just a short update, changes to cloning medium had paid off

It was time to clean up the mom's and add in another rack to the veg area. I was able to get some decent clones and just got them all settled in. Tomorrow I'll prep for next wave to be moved to bloom area. That will complete wave 4 into perpetual grow in bloom.
IMG_20200101_222356_DRO.jpg IMG_20200101_205650_DRO.jpg IMG_20200101_205802_DRO.jpg IMG_20200101_222421_DRO.jpg IMG_20200101_222418_DRO.jpg

My little buddy IMG_20200101_205711_DRO.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200101_205711_DRO.jpg
    IMG_20200101_205711_DRO.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20200101_205642_DRO.jpg
    IMG_20200101_205642_DRO.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 26
Hey guys. Been super busy but everything is growing well. Overall adjustment to cloning medium has worked well. I also tried going back to peat pellets but am satisfied with about a 70/30 perlite to peat moss. Working well holding things together for roots to pickup.

Mother's are doing well, I'll try to get some new pics of some things.
Next wave and I will complete my cycle for perpetual as harvest will be right around Feb 12th. Looking for some kick ass smoke!
Definitely am glad with the knowledge I have gained alongside sharing the same to other new MP members. It's been a fun rewarding and therouputic time with my girls!

Its really sad that all of this is now gone! And of all people someone closest to you in the family and in the same home. I decided to handle some old tickets that needed to be handled and by Jan 21st it was all gone! They let neighbors into my home to raid all of my therapy and love for my cannabis. I was just getting ready to do my first harvest of my perpetual grow, so sad!:mad::confused::(🤬🤯
I did end up with my original tent though, thank god! I figure they took me for about 3500 when all said and done! Never again! I promise! Things will never be the same for me and my family member, they even scammed my wife out of our stuff and our home, kept her away. I have prayed on it though, I have forgiven, my god is great and I will have it all again soon! Amen!
They even took my jewelers loupe, all my trimming equipment, etc....took it all.

Sorry I was going over this journal and had to add one final post on it......They cant take away my knowledge or my quality time with my cannabis, plenty of TLC and they gave it back to me!

A moment of silence..................

Latest posts

Back