Nice clear dab

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EugeneOregon

Reaction score
33B77CE1-9337-486A-8B51-EEA91A29E798.jpeg
110F65F0-AA93-42B4-B1F4-447637A77EB4.jpeg
It takes a bit of doing but this months refinement of my medicine from dark brown and black crude resulted in some highly purified product. Potency is very high.

What do you do to it to make it clear?

No thank you, i will take my rosen without chemicals. Hexane? really? no.
I am with you about inhaling solvents and such. No way. That is why a cryogenic sublimation apparatus is used. I cannot know with certainty that all pesticides and solvents from extraction and grease from fittings used and such is not in my extract unless I myself remove all traces under vacuum conditions possible. You should never attempt a process of isolation unless you are sure you understand how gases and solvents and such behave and have the proper equipment to deal with it. I trust the labs that test this stuff before I get it but they test a sample given to them. I for sure remove whatever trace contamination and do not have to just trust it has been done right. Obviously pure isolate ensures no solvents present.

Good call. Stay away from med you do not trust.

Actually, hexane is way safer than butane and the entire cannabis world is sucking up butane like it's.... well, like it's OK to do it. LMAO

And, I ain't-a-listinin' to all the people claiming 100% purges. Everything leaves a footprint. Period. Knowing what I know about chemistry, I would WAY rather use hexane than butane or ISO.

However, that's me. I consume a LOT of cannabis. About 5 or 6 pounds a year worth. And that's WAY more solvent than most. So, for people who use normal amounts, solvent extraction (WHEN DONE PROPERLY) is probably not all that bad (in real life).

Any further discussion on that topic simply becomes opinion. So, with that said......

Heck, I tried BHO and ISO and Ethyl and all the other stuff....

I may try this. I have seen it a few times and the video is pretty clear. Sure is beautiful stuff.

Thanks for sharing.

As I shared in the OP was my final run through the device. After the compound was cleaned of most terpenes but still very dark with “other” stuff using the LLE (hexane and methanol) then it is run through a first pass. The first pass clears all solvents owing to the pressure of very deep vacuum. On the med I posted above I did a time lapse of the first pass after chemical wash. You can see I have to wipe a lot of terpene first but without a chemical wash first it cannot be run in this device and requires a seperate distillation. In these vids the yellow portable temperature gauge is roughly the oil temp. The other LED digits have to do with the mantle setting. The sample is ready to harvest as purified on the cold finger after I place the white Kimwipe behind the unit. By then all solvents, even terpenes, are fully purged. How do I know terps and solvents are gone? When the vacuum gauge reads 7.5 x 10E-4 Torr which it reads on the LCD and blue vacuum gauge in the time lapse then the pressure is so low that gas molecules stop bumping into one another (mean free path flow conditions). Volitiles like solvents cannot exist as liquid in this kind of deep vacuum so they are gone and purified is collecting from dark unwanted.

LLE for me saved a huge amount of compound in avoiding this. This is time lapse of first run. The dab above is final third run but with carbon powder in the boiling flask.

Last edited:
Very cool. I really need to check into this more. Just for the sake of doing it. LOL

It appears the terps are lost in the process. Would the terps be separated, yet retained if you used.... oh darn, what is it called.... I think fractional distillation??

Very cool. Thanks again for sharing.

Very cool. I really need to check into this more. Just for the sake of doing it. LOL

It appears the terps are lost in the process. Would the terps be separated, yet retained if you used.... oh darn, what is it called.... I think fractional distillation??

Very cool. Thanks again for sharing.
Check this out. I got upgraded bandwidth at vimeo so can do some high def clips and such. First the cold finger ice is dumped. Hot water is added then I delay a minute or so while the glass to compound interface warms a bit. Done right it really comes off sweet. Harvest can be done then the cold finger popped right back in if there is more.

Want a dab?

Latest posts

Back