Nirvana Papaya "Cabello en Fuego"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YYZ Skinhead

RIP Neil Peart 9/12/1952 -- 1/7/2020
Reaction score
I thought I might as well start a grow journal since I yap about this strain all the time. I sowed the Cabello en Fuego beans Saturday in Oasis foam cubes. I shall "transplant" each whole cube into a 5 gallon bucket of Fox Farm Ocean Forest which will grow the bush to maturity.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=173751&d=1312920068

(Tried to post the Oasis pic here with the "

Sprouts turned German in Oasis foam cubes. Potted in 5-gallon buckets of pure Fox Farm Ocean Forest which will grow them to maturity (no transpotting = no transplant shock). The individual in the black bucket was a seed from a previous batch started earlier than the two in the white buckets.

papaya2.jpg

papaya3.jpg

papaya4.jpg

SmokeMyPiece said:
Nice start :aok:
-How many Watts? Size of grow area?

5Gal of FF, good choice.

Thanx SmokeMyPiece. 430w HPS Agro. The closet is approximately*

4' x 8' x 8', but a shelf in it makes only 4' x 4' of it usable. The light is only 4' 6" from the floor (hung from the rack). The door is open with an oscillating fan and the light is on 24/7. Yeah, Fox Farm is da bomb. I just bought three sacks of Ocean Forest, most of which can be seen in these shots. I've had good results with the original (red label) FF as well, but Cabello en Fuego seems to prefer Ocean Forest.

*The break is me trying to measure the walls.

I would recommend trying to make your grow space a bit smaller. A 400W is good for a 3 x 3 space. In addition, if you do not have the 4 x 4 space you are using sectioned off with something reflective, the light is disbursing throughout the entire tent, basically wasting light and giving you poor lumens per sq ft. What is your ventilation setup?

Is there a reason that you put the seedlings into a 5 gal bucket? It is quite hard to control the watering for a small seedling in a very large container...

The light is hanging from the rack at the right side of the closet @ 6 inches from the wall and parallel to it, and I have five plants directly under the light. All the walls are painted white but I could block it off with some Styrofoam insulation on the open side. The ventilation is the always-open door with an oscillating fan and an exhaust fan in the room outside the closet. The temp is always around 70-75F.

I pot the sprouts into big buckets to avoid transplant shock. I water directly around the sprout--the perimeter of the Oasis cube under the dirt--with a very thin stream of water and then I water the rest of the bucket in concentric circles. I check the dirt around the sprout several times a day to be certain it stays damp.

Iron Emmett said:
Ive always wanted to try Papaya, i like Pure Indica, i hear its pretty good.

Papaya is probably my second fav after Purple Kush, which I cannot seem to find around here--the dispensaries that used to have the clones never have it nowadays. It really does smell like sweetened pipe tobacco after curing (I know because I smoke a lot of that as well). Both Seedboutique and the AS (click the banner above) carry feminised Papaya. I would say give it a try.

Update. I had potted all three of the white buckets at the same time but the sprouts are all different sizes. They usually even out in a week or so.

papaya5.jpg

papaya6.jpg

papaya7.jpg

papaya8.jpg

Update. All of them are growing like you know what except for that lone "bonsai" individual in the second picture.

papaya13.jpg

papaya10.jpg

papaya12.jpg

papaya11.jpg

papaya9.jpg

Ladies are growing up man, that second one is really bushing out.

Props for checking in Iron, and you are correct, that individual is popping out branches like mad and I haven't even pinched it. If I were taking cuttings I would definitely use that queen.

Looking good Bro.
Will be watching this grow for sure. Especially the Papaya.

Have a great weekend.

HomieHogleg

Word up Homie, great to have a fellow Papaya grower on board. Papaya can grow to Sequoiadendron giganteum proportions with sufficient light and fertilizer. The giantess in bucket #2 already has at least four main branches with thick internodal stems. I usually horizontalise and bud them when they get around 18-24" tall.

Props for the good words drfting07 and Lemon Jack. I had no idea that doing a grow journal would be this fun. :icon_smile: :headbang::fly::afroweed::banana:

Ya lol I had plans to start mine this morning . . . . before last night lol. Stayed at the bar a little to late lol. Maybe later or in the morning, but real soon.

Latest posts

Back