Nitrogen toxicity?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magoebel

Reaction score
I've started to notice on the very tips of my plant that they are yellow. In researching, doesn't seem to be a whole lot out there specific to my issue. The closest I can find is nitrogen toxicity. Info: Soil is FFOF. Using dry amendments from Dr Earth. Currently using Bloom booster. I'm in day 22 out of 70 of flowering.

Any tips on how to remedy this issue? Thanks in advance.

Nitrogen burn.jpg

Thanks guys. My plants are looking great for the most part. I do have one issue that’s popped up since I posted this. Is it a deficiency? Not sure. It’s at the bottom. All the info is much appreciated.

Attachments

• A830E482-4979-47D5-AD90-CAE16C92E6FE.jpeg
    A830E482-4979-47D5-AD90-CAE16C92E6FE.jpeg
    76.6 KB · Views: 15
There in flower also so why are you still feeding Nitrogen (grow) nutes?
On a tip from someone, the day I switched to flower I added 5 tablespoons of Dr Earth bloom and 5 of Dr Earth Home Grown. 3 weeks later I added just the bloom and next day I noticed the tips. Won’t add any more for 4 more weeks and see how it goes.

On a tip from someone, the day I switched to flower I added 5 tablespoons of Dr Earth bloom and 5 of Dr Earth Home Grown. 3 weeks later I added just the bloom and next day I noticed the tips. Won’t add any more for 4 more weeks and see how it goes.
Some feeds do feed Grow right until almost the end, I never used it at all the soil I use has enough to bring it right up to flip to flower time and then I feed more Bloom to help the flowers .
Find a good feed chart for you nutes and follow that if not sure yet.
Do not feed heavy at 1st you will burn tips faster that way.
Slowly work your way up to maximum lvls , Let the Plant tell you what you need .

When I add the vegging mix, I still end up with less N than K around 2-1-3 NPK and I found that it is great for the plants. I lower N in flowering gradually to around 1.5-1-3 ratio. till the last 2 weeks of flowering. I find it harder to lower it further because I don't have another source of calcium that does not have N. By the way, Cal-Mag has plenty of N since it is derived from calcium nitrate and magnesium nitrate.

Latest posts

Back