NL #2 & a few autos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

micro mike

Reaction score
Hey whats up everyone, im new on this site & fairly new to growing.. i have had 2 successful grows with this strain but only under cfls. 1 zip the first time, 1 1/2 the second time and now this is my third go at it.

But i want to maximize yield so i picked up an air cooled 400w hps and a scrubber (dp polar lights x 2, dp auto blueberry x1) the nl2 actually isnt crazy stinky... anyways, on to the specs.

Strains- Dp Oasis, Dp Polar Lights #2, Dp Auto Blueberry

Light- 400w air cooled hps w/ 125w 6" inline fan and scrubber

Medium- Pro Mix from Ace

Pot size- Oasis-cup-5 gal.-10 gal. PL, BB-cup-3 gal bags.

Nutrients- A.N. Sensi G & B

*Oasis just turned 3 months old today, switched 12/12 this morning.
*1 PL was started a week before the other PL & BB, noticable difference. chop chop anywhere from 4/20-5/1.

heres some pics. let me know what you think about that leaf too...

100_0951 (800x597) (2).jpg

100_0953 (800x597).jpg

100_0957 (800x597).jpg

100_0963 (800x597).jpg

100_0959 (800x597).jpg

100_0960 (800x597).jpg

100_0962 (800x597).jpg

Looking nice mike!,
Any flower nutes?
What size space are you running?
Congrats on some beauties..

bubba902 said:
Looking nice mike!,
Any flower nutes?
What size space are you running?
Congrats on some beauties..

Thanks, yes last weekend i fed NL#2 with small dose flowering nutes after i flushed it with 3.5 gallons of water twice a day for two days. The space im running is about 4x8x6.

I also have one jack 33, two afghani #1, one afghani milk seedlings for my next project.

Why did you flush your plant?
What is the ph of you water?

Some nice training on that bush you got.:D

I am not familiar with the nutes you are using, but you look like you could have a cal-mag problem to me. I am also with Grower13 as wondering why you flushed your plants?

Your vegging plants are nice and bushy.

If you are running a 4 x 8' space (it doesn't look that big in the pics), your space is way way too big for a 400W light. A 400W is only adequate for about 9-10 sq ft--you have 32. What we are looking for when flowering is a minimum of 5000 lumens per sq ft (and that is a minimum--most of us run more). A 400W in a 32 sq ft space is giving you under 1600 lumens per sq ft. I really think that unless you either get your flowering space smaller or get a whole lot more light in there you are going to have unsatisfactory flowering results.

I am with THG....why the flush and you don't hve enough lumens for a space that big. I wld get some CalMag+ going as well to help with that deficiency. Nice looking plants though. Good structure to them. Jmo

Grower13 said:
Why did you flush your plant?
What is the ph of you water?

Some nice training on that bush you got.:D

I flushed my plant because when i re potted my plant from the 5 to the 10 gallon container i noticed a bit of salt buildup around the sides. just give her some fresh water to wash out all the salts and such before i started the flowering nutrients.

I use distilled water so i actually havent ph tested it yet.. my meter sucks.

Thank you! shes cute right?:eek:

The Hemp Goddess said:
I am not familiar with the nutes you are using, but you look like you could have a cal-mag problem to me. I am also with Grower13 as wondering why you flushed your plants?

Your vegging plants are nice and bushy.

If you are running a 4 x 8' space (it doesn't look that big in the pics), your space is way way too big for a 400W light. A 400W is only adequate for about 9-10 sq ft--you have 32. What we are looking for when flowering is a minimum of 5000 lumens per sq ft (and that is a minimum--most of us run more). A 400W in a 32 sq ft space is giving you under 1600 lumens per sq ft. I really think that unless you either get your flowering space smaller or get a whole lot more light in there you are going to have unsatisfactory flowering results.

Thank you for your input, i appreciate it.

I just went and measured my room now and its actually 2.5 x 7.5 x6.

I am actually using the 400w just for the oasis, its only providing supplimental light to the autos in combination with two 4' long double bulb t5's on the opposite side. Im not super worried about the autos yield, the 12/12 schedual is gonna hurt the yield alot... but at least half of their growth was on a 24/0 schedual. hopefully that helps.

Im hoping the yield of my three autos will keep me in smoke till the first of june.:icon_smile:

Hamster Lewis said:
I am with THG....why the flush and you don't hve enough lumens for a space that big. I wld get some CalMag+ going as well to help with that deficiency. Nice looking plants though. Good structure to them. Jmo

This is my third grow and havent really had to deal with anything but a small nute burn... will a calcium- magnesium problem hurt my plants? its only affecting the autos, same soil and everything. zero nutrients fed (cause i dont know where to start with autos!)

Hamster Lewis said:

Thanks, Is CalMag+ my only option? I dont live near a hydro shop so i'd have to order it online.. ive sunk alot of cash into my setup already:(

micro mike said:
Thanks, Is CalMag+ my only option? I dont live near a hydro shop so i'd have to order it online.. ive sunk alot of cash into my setup already:(

Then don't lose it by scrimping on the nutes. Just order some cal-mag online.

And your room is still twice as big as you can effectively illuminate. You have 18.75 sq ft and your light is good for about 9 sq ft. Trying to stretch your light to cover more area hoping for more yield usually backfires. You generally end up with scant and/or airy bud.

Id of started bloom nutes on the autos the day the showed sex.
Why are you going to run the autos on 12x12?

The Hemp Goddess said:
Then don't lose it by scrimping on the nutes. Just order some cal-mag online.

And your room is still twice as big as you can effectively illuminate. You have 18.75 sq ft and your light is good for about 9 sq ft. Trying to stretch your light to cover more area hoping for more yield usually backfires. You generally end up with scant and/or airy bud.

My hps is sitting about a 18-20 inchs above my big plant, its canopy is about 9 square feet... i was told that'd be about right for my 400. the autos are getting their light from 4 t5's and 2 42w cfls.

bubba902 said:
Id of started bloom nutes on the autos the day the showed sex.
Why are you going to run the autos on 12x12?

Okay, ill start them today then. I was trying to get the autos done during the oasis' vegatative time but just couldnt wait any longer to switch to 12/12. Only 1 room, it'll have to do.

Latest posts

Back