No enclosure rated bulb

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Droopy Dog

Reaction score
I read this recently and now for the life of me, can't find the thread.

Anyway, someone mentioned specific HID bulbs that were rated to be used without an enclosure. Like an extra sheathing of glass to contain the hot innards if the bulb had a catastrophic failure.

Wish I could remember the manufacturer.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the help.

DD

Droopy Dog said:
I read this recently and now for the life of me, can't find the thread.

Anyway, someone mentioned specific HID bulbs that were rated to be used without an enclosure. Like an extra sheathing of glass to contain the hot innards if the bulb had a catastrophic failure.

Wish I could remember the manufacturer.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the help.

DD

hxxp://www.mcmaster.com/#hid-(high-intensity-discharge)-light-bulbs/=3y1axd

Im sure there are other sources just ask for shatter resistant bulbs at any electrical supply house.

Growdude said:
hxxp://www.mcmaster.com/#hid-(high-intensity-discharge)-light-bulbs/=3y1axd

Im sure there are other sources just ask for shatter resistant bulbs at any electrical supply house.

Thanks for the link.

Still looking, since that one appears base up only and I need one to run horizontal.

I was planning on using wing reflectors this winter for the added heat in a very chilly basement and then to air cooled when the weather turns warmer. Even in the hottest part of the summer, the basement seldom gets over 76*, usually staying right at 74*.

Will be running a 400W HPS and adding a 400W MH in the last few weeks of flowering. 4'x4' ebb and flood tray, SOG.

DD

Latest posts

Back