No Fires or Floods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alistair

Reaction score
Hey, everyone,

I haven't posted in quite awhile, but I lurk every week and occasional offer help.

Here's the deal. For a long time now, before leaving the house or going to bed, for example, I make sure all the gas burners on the stove are off, and the water is turned off, no fires no floods. Occasionally though, I forget about a pot of boiling water on the stove and remember it after all the water is gone and the pot is scorched. Today I left it for about an hour. I've wondered for some time now, if anything bad would ever come from it, no matter how long the pot is burned. What do you think? Can it be left like that indefinitely without problems?

Just a curiosity.

:ciao: my friend..nice too see you..IMO..it depends on the type of pot...I know I forgot a pot on stove boiling water and it caught fire...reason is thougfh..this pan is one that has copper bottom and the sodder they used to connect the pan to it melted and flowed to the burner...I too double check things befor bed...like I say

take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

Hey, 4u,

Nice to see you too. Yeah, mine has a copper bottom also. After making this post I went back and looked at the pan. The bottom is now deformed; there is a lump in it and the pan wobbles. So, let's take care and be safe.

Alistair good to see you again....be safe my man. Like 4u said I wldnt want to leave one burning all night while I slept. I had a friend way back in the day who still lived at home with his parents and he wld get baked and leave stuff burning on the stove at like 2 in the morning...lol they finally started taking the knobs off the stove and hiding them when they went to bed. :D

Lol thats great hammy but dangerous too lol.

hey alister. sounds like your smoking some good schtuff!:hubba:

are you just forgetful, stoned, or up in age? i'm all three, and i'm on fire duty tonight with wood stove. good thing i don't take meds the docs always trying to give me for sleep. prolly woulda burned her down years ago. :eek:

i don't know your circumstance why this keeps happening, but i got a good friend that trains service dogs that do all kinds of neat stuff, like alert you to a burner on and such. maybe its time for a furry roommate?;) :)

stay safe friend...

Thanks, hamster, that made me laugh.

Irish, actually, it doesn't happen very often. So, I don't need a furry roommate, yet. Good idea, though. I was hanging out with my friends in the living room and forgot about it. Then, I walked them home. On the way back I realized what I had done. I rushed on home and turned it off.

Yeah, we were stoned, but that's our normal state. Yes, I'm getting up there, not old yet, though.

Alistair nice to see ya posting:)

I would never leave a pot boiling no matter what it was made of.

It only takes one and done. It is no fun running into a smoky room and putting out a fire with your friend passed out/sleeping a few feet away. ime. They sure do appreciate it though.

Yeah, pcduck, good point. If we don't leave the kitchen while we're cooking, then we're less likely to have problems.

Latest posts

Back